Construction at Boulder Ridge

eeyoresmom

DIS Veteran
This is one if the 3 DVC resorts we have never stayed at and want to. DH and I have a 1 night say at BCV at the beginning of May and I'm wondering if we should waitlist BR? Just wondering what is going on construction wise because we plan on just hanging around the resort for those 2 days. TIA

The Hidden Springs (villas) pool is being reimagined and will be renamed to Boulder Ridge Cove pool (schedule to open Summer 2017). The main pool is still open.

Half of the rooms in the main building are being converted to DVC units which will open 7/17/2017.
Construction continues on the 26 Cabins along Bay Lake which also open on 7/17.

Also Roaring Fork (the QS in the main building) is closed for rennovation, but there is the new bar and QS on the lake open.

Personally, I wouldn't stay there, now, unless you plan on also taking advantage of the boat to MK or Contemporary / Fort Wilderness.

I have a question, if we go in November 2017...what will likely be closed or under construction still?

I have a question, if we go in November 2017...what will likely be closed or under construction still?
I suspect almost all of the construction at Wilderness Lodge will be completed before November 2017. We are at Boulder Ridge right now and many of the projects are not that far from completion. The Copper Creek Villas & Cabins will open on July 17 and a couple CMs have told us that the Boulder Ridge Cove Pool and Roaring Forks should be open by then. All of the cabins on the south side (the side nearest BRV) should be finished at that time. We can peer in many of the villas in the Lodge and most already have furnishings in them, so I think Disney will have completed the conversion of all of the hotel rooms to DVC villas by then. The new Reunion Station Activity Center should also open by July, if not sooner.

It appears Disney has started work on the sports court and BBQ pavilion on the south side, so they should be done by November.

The only things that might be still under construction come November might be the new north side BBQ pavilion ands maybe some of the cabins on the north side.

So, overall, I doubt there will be hardly anything still under construction at Wilderness Lodge by November 2017.

Wdrl
How much is the construction affecting your experience/enjoyment of Boulder Ridge? There's still a lot of rooms available for May.
I remember the Polynesian being almost unrecognizable during its renovation

Wdrl
How much is the construction affecting your experience/enjoyment of Boulder Ridge? There's still a lot of rooms available for May.
I remember the Polynesian being almost unrecognizable during its renovation
The construction has had absolutely no impact on our enjoyment of our stay. But that is just my opinion.

When we booked our stay at the 7-month window, I actually requested a villa that was on a high floor overlooking the construction. When we checked in, the Cast Member at the front desk said that she gets requests for construction views, but only rarely. For me, its fun watching all the construction work going on. Every day we see things change. We've watched them lay part of the pool deck, put tile around the pool, plant trees, carry artwork into the cabins, etc. One day we watched while they raised and positioned this crane and silo(?) near the pool. BTW, we also watched while an imagineer put the finishing "rusted" look on the silo.

DSC_6914_zpsinbq6tvq.jpg

When our balcony door is open, we can hear noise from the workers: construction vehicles going by, workers talking, some hammering, etc. However, when our balcony door is closed, we hardly hear any noise.

When you are inside the Boulder Ridge Villas building or the main Lodge, you hardly know that any construction is going on. When you are at the main pool you will notice that the old Trout Pass Bar is closed for renovation and that there is some scaffolding around the South Wing of the Lodge. But that doesn't interfere with the use of the pool.

Roaring Forks is closed, but the new Geyser Point Grill and Bar is open. Not having Roaring Forks available hasn't been an issue because its been fun experiencing the new Geyser Point.

Since the Boulder Ridge Cove pool is under construction, we have to walk through the main lodge and through the courtyard by the main pool to get to Geyser Point, so its a little longer walk than what we'll have once the news pool is finished.

To help offset that inconvenience, Disney has set up a drink station in the BRV lobby from 7:00 AM to 2:00 PM each day. Coffee, tea, hot water, and apple juice is offered for free. Also, the Territory Lounge offers a more expanded menu of items in the morning for purchase, including pastries, oatmeal, juices, etc.

Offhand, I can't think of any amenities we are missing because of construction. Sturdy Branches (the gym) is open, BRV's lobby area is beautiful, the Wilderness Lodge Ranger is still conducting lobby tours, the boats are still running to the Magic Kingdom, the Contemporary, and Fort Wilderness. The Cast Members have all been great. The only inconvenience is that we can't walk out the back door of BVR to go straight to Geyser Point.

However, this is just me. Someone else may think this is a trip from hell.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter