Construction across from World Dr from DHS

gatour

DIS Veteran
A few months ago I was driving down World Dr where I came upon a structure crossing over World Dr. It surprised so didn't get a good look at it. There did appear to a little land clearing, on the other side of World Dr from DHS that this structure leads to.

This Monday, I was again traveling down World Dr. There is definitely land clearing going on. I got a look at the structure and it almost looks like rollercoaster tracks were leading into it. The structue definitely looks like it is connecting DHS to the land clearing.

Anyone has any idea what this may be?

I think that conveyor was/is used for taking dirt/debris/garbage from SWGE and TSL up and over world drive where trucks can pick it up. There isn't a lot of room for trucks to go in out of the backside of DHS while construction is going on.

I think that conveyor was/is used for taking dirt/debris/garbage from SWGE and TSL up and over world drive where trucks can pick it up. There isn't a lot of room for trucks to go in out of the backside of DHS while construction is going on.
Yep, the conveyor belt is in the process of being taken down.

Close... It is a dirt conveyor, but it is being used to take dirt being excavated from the new retention pond on the other side of World Drive, which is what the land clearing the op saw is, over to where the new DHS parking lot is being built. That area is wetlands so the dirt is being used a fill for that area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter