Consignment Sale, Consignment Store, or Yard Sale?

I've done this sale for 4 years, spring and fall. Each sale, I progressively make more and more. I have 3 children, 2 boys and a girl. I sell the stuff from my younger boy and my daughter, as I can let my oldest pass his stuff down to his younger brother. The first sale I did I made just over 300 on just clothing. I've made 600 a few times. This past fall, I broke 1000 in sales after they took the 10$ consigner fee and their 30%. It beats a consignment store by a long shot. Everything is throughly checked over for stains, holes, out dated clothing. It's definately worth selling at. I can't imagine selling anywhere else BUT JBF. Yes I sound like a commercial. I am now a part of the Tulsa JBF sale Staff, but I started off as a shopper, looking for spring clothes for my second son who was about to be born in a month and I honestly had NOTHING because my oldest was born in the fall and my youngest son was born in April. It's always worth looking into. They take LOTS of stuff!!!! I love shopping at it, as well as being a volunteer for the sale. I even sold front row Linkin Park tickets I got for christmas this year because the night I get to shop, is the night of the concert!!! LOL Yes, I'm probably insane but my kiddos come first. I'd rather my kids have spring and summer clothes than a night to myself, out of town at a concert I REALLY want to see. But Hubby will take lots of pics and a tee or two will at least make me think I was there! I hope this helps you in deciding whether or not to consign with JBF!

Oh and if you have any questions about the sale... like pricing wise... because I see a couple of posts. Like a gymbo set, like jeans and a top and maybe a cardigan.... I ask at LEAST $18 for. If you have any questions, you can contact me at Faygofairie@hotmailDOTcom

Thanks so much everyone for your advice!

I have decided to do the consignment sale and then put the leftover (let's hope there's none for me to bring home!) in the yard sale.

Emotionally I am having a hard time letting this stuff go. I'm crazy I know, but letting go of these baby clothes means my babies aren't babies anymore. Plus, I keep thinking there may be another baby someday and if there is, there won't me hand-me-downs. But what are the chances they'd be born in the same season, etc.?
This stuff has got to gooooo!!! :hippie:

Yes I sound like a commercial. I am now a part of the Tulsa JBF sale Staff, but I started off as a shopper, looking for spring clothes for my second son who was about to be born in a month and I honestly had NOTHING because my oldest was born in the fall and my youngest son was born in April.

JBF Norman and OKC worker here!! :thumbsup2

Thanks so much everyone for your advice!

I have decided to do the consignment sale and then put the leftover (let's hope there's none for me to bring home!) in the yard sale.

Emotionally I am having a hard time letting this stuff go. I'm crazy I know, but letting go of these baby clothes means my babies aren't babies anymore. Plus, I keep thinking there may be another baby someday and if there is, there won't me hand-me-downs. But what are the chances they'd be born in the same season, etc.?
This stuff has got to gooooo!!! :hippie:

I know how you feel. We keep a few choice items. Other things that are too "loved" to sell, we're saving to make into a quilt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter