Considering Purchasing DVC

mkymouse1928

<font color=red>This driving me nuts<br><font colo
Hello. My husband and I are considering purchasing DVC membership within the next six months or so, probably sooner. I would like as much information as I can get, both good and bad to help us make up our minds as far as where to purchase, how many points to purchase, etc. We currently have no children, but plan to in the future. Right now our vacation plans are pretty flexible as far as time of year and resort type. Most of our vacations will be spent at WDW but wll also venture to Hilton Head and Vero beach. we probably wont vacation at Disney every year but rather every other year or so. For this reason information on banking and borrowing points would be greatly appreciated. You can email me at mkymouse1928@msn.com. Thanks in advance for all of your help.

We purchased in July and spent our first trip at Christmas. We wished we had done this 3 trips ago! The quality of people, the service, and just knowing you have a 'home' was everything to us. By the time you have spent the money either on or off disney you could have this paid and enjoying it in no time. I have a 3yr old and I looked at the fact that when he gets to be a teen and has a buddy with him they can ride and take the ferry back to the resort and I can chill at the pool. I won't worry near as much as I would normally and I won't feel like I have to be on his heels every step of the trip.

I hope to welcome you home soon! :)

hi and welcome to the board. you may want to call and get the video and paperwork directly from disney. you can also look at the faq link on this site. as far as banking goes, we usually use up all our points every year since we go twice a year if possible. if you have any specific questions, people on this board are more than willing to help. here's a link to another post for the chat room tonight- the topic is dvc.
http://wdwinfo.infopop.net/OpenTopic/page?q=Y&a=tpc&s=40009993&f=14009194&m=889096938

I have been going to Disney since our honeymoon in 1972. It was only open several months and the only park was the Magic Kingdom. It is funny watching some of our old 8mm movies. The first time we took our son he was four and he is now 20 and a bonified disney nut. ( who isn't) My only regret is that I did not purchase when OKW opened. I recently purchased at BWV and I know it was the right thing to do. As you can see I don't decide things that quickly. The benefits of membership will accrue that much quicker. Good luck and enjoy!

We thought about it for 4-5 years before taking the plunge, and only wish we would have done it sooner. We too thought we would only want to go every other year, but in the 4 years since we have joined, we have taken sometimes as many as 3 trips a year! We are currently at the begining of a 13 month off period because we traded for a week in Hawaii. We are on the other end of the spectrum from you. We are getting close to retirement. We have had great fun taking our adult children and many friends along to Disney. They get to stay in great accommodations on site, and we get to enjoy Disney through the eyes of people who don't see it as often as we do. We like to stay in the 2 BR at OKW for the space, separate entrance, and quiet.

Be sure to check out each resort, and know where you want to be most often. If you don't mind a hotel type setting, you might like the night life area of BWV. If you are planning to wait anyway, you might wait until Disney comes on with the Beach Club Villas next year, so you would still be close to the boardwalk and Epcot. I am sure you know that if you want BWV or OKW, we need to do a resale. This board is great for that information. Just do a search, and you will get all kind of past results. Ask any question, and many here will be more than happy to help you. :) ºoº

Disneydiane

Thanks to all the great advice. We have talked to someone about a resale and to Disney. Not sure which way we are going to go yet but I will let you know when we decide.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!