Considering... 1 year after tour. Help!

boymom2

Earning My Ears
Greetings!
We took our DVC tour last year during Spring Break (didn't plan to take the tour, didn't know anything about DVC), fell in love with SSR and the entire DVC concept but it just wasn't "the right time." Now almost one year later, it potentially is "the right time" and with the F&F incentive, I'm thinking yes. If I call our guide, will they send new information for us to review, i.e. a new book with point charts, etc.? Also, from my calculations, the F&F at $86/point vs. the $98/point + the "SSR savings" offered at tour time, actually makes NOW appear like a less expensive time to buy vs. what was offered at tour time. Any thoughts? Anything I'm missing? I'll take words of encouragement too! :goodvibes
Thanks!

Greetings!
We took our DVC tour last year during Spring Break (didn't plan to take the tour, didn't know anything about DVC), fell in love with SSR and the entire DVC concept but it just wasn't "the right time." Now almost one year later, it potentially is "the right time" and with the F&F incentive, I'm thinking yes. If I call our guide, will they send new information for us to review, i.e. a new book with point charts, etc.? Also, from my calculations, the F&F at $86/point vs. the $98/point + the "SSR savings" offered at tour time, actually makes NOW appear like a less expensive time to buy vs. what was offered at tour time. Any thoughts? Anything I'm missing? I'll take words of encouragement too! :goodvibes
Thanks!

You are the only ones who will be able to know if, now is the right time.......but we bought last year during F&F and are very happy! I sent you a PM as well.... Good luck! :banana:

Bob

Since you are already in the DVC sales computer system, I don't know if they will let you add a referral (unless you had one the first time you toured) to get the discount...you can always ask your guide, though.

I investigated DVC on my own as well. When I heard about the F&F promo I called my guide to ask if I could get the special too. I didn't think I should be "punished" by seeking it out on my own instead of receiving a referral from someone in the system. But I also said the magic words, "If I can, I will buy in today." He called MS (or someone like that) and got back to me and said if I could come up with someone to refer me, then the deal is on! I got a member from this site who had been a great help to me and answered my questions and used him as the referal. Now I have been a member to SS since Dec 1 and bought in at $86/point. Happy Happy:banana:

Greetings!
Thanks!

We did almost the exact same thing a year before you. Our experience was that one quick call got all the current information and offers Fed-Exed to us. We were able to participate in the current promotions.

Good Luck! You'll be very happy with your membership! One great thing about purchasing through Disney is that you can make your first reservtion as soon as you give them the downpayment.

Yes just call. I think they are very serious about selling SSR out. I am considering an add on myself.

Prices will only rise...YES...now is the time. SSR is a beautiful resort..do expect the VAK to be higher in price and sent you a more indepth explanation in a pm.;)

Since you are already in the DVC sales computer system, I don't know if they will let you add a referral (unless you had one the first time you toured) to get the discount...you can always ask your guide, though.

I was in the same boat as you. I did the tour in 2005, and I bought this year. I did not have a referral in 2005. Over the phone, my guide happily took the name of a person on these boards as my referral when we decided to buy this year. So if you now decide to buy, just tell your guide the name and town of your referral and you are good to go!

Keep in mind that word has it that the F&F promo is ending on 1/20.

Good luck with your decision!

Another question... We are considering buying 250 points which will suit our needs at this time. I've read a lot on this board about "splitting" points, i.e., 125 + 125 = 250. I like this concept from a resale perspective (not that it's really on the radar) but more importantly, from the willing perspective (2 young ds'). Is this possible under the current incentive and if so, is there any reason NOT to split the points?
Thanks in advance!

Splitting your points between multiple contracts is a very good idea because if you ever want to re-sell it is much easier to sell a small contract than a large one. When we bought in, they forced us to make our first contract 150 points, and our second contract (bought at the same time) was 90 points. I would have preferred to split the points evenly--i.e. 120 points on each contract, but Disney treated it like a typical first time purchase (minimum 150 points) plus an add-on.

We bought into DVC about 4 years after we took the tour. The rep was very convincing but we wanted less than 150 points.

When we returned to WDW 2 years ago we were in denial and didn't even talk to the DVC reps in the information booths. We were convinced that all timeshares were schemes to separate fools from their money.

Soon after returning home, we started surfing the net for DVC and bought before the year was up.

Sometimes it takes a while to overcome our prejudices and do what is right for us.

Splitting your pts. is a very good idea, both for resale reasons(not that you would:rotfl: ) and also being bequeathable to your 2 daughters.:goodvibes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter