Congrats on not being sold separately! ~ a 20th anniversary trip report. New TR link 12/21

What a nice relaxing morning in HS! And while I knew about your Xmas trip I wasn't even thinking how close it is :goodvibes I think your plans look wonderful!

Where: Pop Century (great AP rate, also my first time at a value)

I think you'll really love it!

ADR at Rose and Crown for the Candlelight Processional show (8:15) with Gary Sinise as narrator.

This sounds really nice, I bet he'll be a great narrator.

Brunch at Homecoming

Looking forward to your review of this!

Tour AKL Kidani and Jambo for Christmas decor.

Yesss, I was hoping you wouldn't skip AKL!

All suggestions and ideas welcomed from WDW Christmas veterans. :)

My only suggestion would be to try to fit Hollywood Studios in. I know they no longer have the lights, but I still love their Christmas decorations the most and they play old-timey Christmas music! For me, it had the best Christmas vibe. I know it's a short trip so it might not be possible.

YAY! What great news!!!!!
So, so excited!
Yay for Christmas trips to Disney!!
Thank you! You must be getting excited for your Thanksgiving trip!
Great news! What a fun trip you have packed into a short amount of time!
It will be intense but I am so looking forward to it!
What a nice relaxing morning in HS! And while I knew about your Xmas trip I wasn't even thinking how close it is :goodvibes I think your plans look wonderful!
Thanks Ariane! I can't wait!
I think you'll really love it!

This sounds really nice, I bet he'll be a great narrator.

Looking forward to your review of this!

Yesss, I was hoping you wouldn't skip AKL!

My only suggestion would be to try to fit Hollywood Studios in. I know they no longer have the lights, but I still love their Christmas decorations the most and they play old-timey Christmas music! For me, it had the best Christmas vibe. I know it's a short trip so it might not be possible.
I wish I could do HS but I had choose between a hopper ticket and doing the party. I wish I still had my AP but it expired in August and with the price increase it was almost $1,600 CDN to renew. Even if I take 2 trips a year I can do better with the new Canadian resident ticket discount. So I bought a 2 day ticket and a party ticket and even those were $523 with the exchange.

I wish I could do HS but I had choose between a hopper ticket and doing the party. I wish I still had my AP but it expired in August and with the price increase it was almost $1,600 CDN to renew. Even if I take 2 trips a year I can do better with the new Canadian resident ticket discount. So I bought a 2 day ticket and a party ticket and even those were $523 with the exchange.

Oh darn, for some reason I just assumed you had an AP again! Wow that is quite the price increase, wish Disney would stop that.

Oh wow! Congratulations on the Christmas trip! That's very exciting news. The holidays at Disney are something all fans should experience at least once; I mean there's so much to do that you can do exactly what you're doing and make an entire trip centered around the festivities!
You have already said you are doing it, but definitely make sure the Gingerbread House at the Grand Floridian doesn't get cut from your plans. It's amazing!

You must be getting excited for your Thanksgiving trip!
Yes, so excited!! I've already asked DH if it's too early to start packing :rotfl: (it is, especially since I'll be about 5 months pregnant and at this point I'm not sure which clothes will fit...)

How exciting! Me and Dan will be there the same dates as you! I take it you are not flying out of Buffalo on 12/13? We are taking the 6:25PM flight from Buffalo that night!

We'll be at the same MVMCP as well! Maybe we'll see each other!

Oh darn, for some reason I just assumed you had an AP again! Wow that is quite the price increase, wish Disney would stop that.
I know, the latest jump was so much......I just couldn't justify renewing. :(
Oh wow! Congratulations on the Christmas trip! That's very exciting news. The holidays at Disney are something all fans should experience at least once; I mean there's so much to do that you can do exactly what you're doing and make an entire trip centered around the festivities!
You have already said you are doing it, but definitely make sure the Gingerbread House at the Grand Floridian doesn't get cut from your plans. It's amazing!
Thank you! I am so excited! It's going to be great! :)
Yes, so excited!! I've already asked DH if it's too early to start packing :rotfl: (it is, especially since I'll be about 5 months pregnant and at this point I'm not sure which clothes will fit...)
Never to early to start packing! How exciting that you are expecting!!! I am so, so happy for you! :goodvibes
How exciting! Me and Dan will be there the same dates as you! I take it you are not flying out of Buffalo on 12/13? We are taking the 6:25PM flight from Buffalo that night!

We'll be at the same MVMCP as well! Maybe we'll see each other!
That's awesome! We should definitely plan to meet up! I am going right from work so I finish up at 4:00 then head to Pearson and fly out at 8:00. I am keeping my fingers crossed for good weather!

That's awesome! We should definitely plan to meet up! I am going right from work so I finish up at 4:00 then head to Pearson and fly out at 8:00. I am keeping my fingers crossed for good weather!

We are doing the same thing! Dan and I will drive to work together and then he'll pick me up from work and we'll head right to the airport! Its going to be a tight turnaround for us but I think we should be okay!! Plus, flights always get delayed for us lol but I know the one time I kinda hope/expect a delay there won't be one! LOL

Instead we decided to head down to check out the Incredibles area and try one of the Jack Jack num num cookies. Ours was so fresh, warm and gooey. We really enjoyed it but this is a HUGE cookie and definitely shareable.
Those things look incredible. I really wanted to make an effort to get one on our trip, but it just didn't happen.
All suggestions and ideas welcomed from WDW Christmas veterans. :)
I love going around Christmas time!!!! It's incredible exploring the resorts and seeing all the decorations. Not to mention the trees in the parks and everything they do in EPCOT. Sadly, my favorite part of the Christmas season at WDW was the Osborne Lights and I haven't been for the Christmas festivities since they went away so I think it would be almost an entirely new experience planning for Christmas time.

Slowly catching up... everywhere. :)

"How would you feel about going to Magic Kingdom tonight instead?"
Music to my ears. :)
Bill believes in the happy wife, happy life theory so he was quick to agree.
::yes::
So I cancelled all our FPs (including one for FoP)
:eek: Whoa! How hard was it to do that?
And here it is in all it's glory....The AP Disney Cats satchel with the best placement ever!
Nice! I like it. :)
.I watched HGTV while Bill watched CNN on the other TV. We napped a bit then enjoyed some wine sitting out on the balcony. It was a lovely, peaceful afternoon.
Sounds like just a nice, relaxed afternoon.
we decided we would try our hand at Hidden Pascal hunting. This is great fun and was much trickier than you might think. Here a few we found....I think we managed 8/10.
I've done a bit and found a few... but not all of them.
we happened to notice one of our favourite Disney bloggers....Jenna from Resort TV 1. We were both a little shy but stopped and chatted with her for a bit which was fun.
How cool is that!
I don't know (or follow) her, but... still! Pretty cool!
We actually watched ourselves on the stream from that day which was really weird but cool too.
That is cool!
This was the first time I ever saw the Hidden Mickey in the moon over London
Oh! I didn't even know there was one there.
I'm not a hidden Mickey person, myself.
Bill went for the Peter Pan float
Dang. I had this on my "must do" list for this past trip and never go to it.
I kept watching the carousel and bugging Bill to ride it with me. Being the good husband he is, he agreed and had fun too.
:goodvibes
Well during the show, they were just in awe! It was the best thing ever... they were jumping up and down, laughing, shouting in delight.
Awww! :)
to be there with Bill, celebrating 20 years of our Happily Ever After....well, it was just perfect!
:love:
we heading over to the Grand for afternoon tea.
Nice! I've done that and really enjoyed it. :)
Can you spot the Hidden Mickeys here?
IMG_4727.JPG
IMG_4728.JPG
It took me a little bit, but... ::yes::
try one of the Jack Jack num num cookies. Ours was so fresh, warm and gooey. We really enjoyed it but this is a HUGE cookie and definitely shareable.
Thanks for the tip! It looks yummy!
There was a photopass photographer across the way with a bunch of props so we went over there and had fun playing around with the signs.
IMG_4738.JPG
I like that! :)

Your December trip sounds great. I clearly love Disney but love it all the more during the holidays. So happy to hear you'll be able to experience it!

Happy Anniversary!!

You started the trip report and you had me at mojito. Maybe next time I'll do a savannah view Animal Kingdom Lodge room. It is definitely at the top of my list. I have a big sweet tooth so the bread pudding was speaking my language.

That photo with the water reflection on 4 July was fantastic. I can't believe you got your own private bus from Disney Springs to Typhoon Lagoon. How amazing is that!?!

I really liked Bill's shirt for the California Grill brunch. As much as I enjoy brunch, I'm rather surprised I did not book a brunch for my upcoming trip. I must add it to my list of must do's for an upcoming trip.

Keep the story going. I'm looking forward to hearing your description of afternoon tea.

How exciting! Christmas at Disney! I found it far more crowded than I'm used and the party wasn't quite as fun at the Halloween one, but after this year, I"m thinking twice about that one again until they start limiting tickets again. Make sure to visit the gingerbread houses and something I'd like to do, but haven't, is see the Christmas tree trail at DTD.

I love going around Christmas time!!!! It's incredible exploring the resorts and seeing all the decorations. Not to mention the trees in the parks and everything they do in EPCOT. Sadly, my favorite part of the Christmas season at WDW was the Osborne Lights and I haven't been for the Christmas festivities since they went away so I think it would be almost an entirely new experience planning for Christmas time.
I am really looking forward to seeing the resorts!
:eek: Whoa! How hard was it to do that?
Not too hard actually. Bill didn't feel great after riding Fo on our first day and I really wanted to see HEA so it was ok.
I've done a bit and found a few... but not all of them.
It's fun to try!
Thanks for the tip! It looks yummy!
So good!
Your December trip sounds great. I clearly love Disney but love it all the more during the holidays. So happy to hear you'll be able to experience it!
I can't wait!!
You started the trip report and you had me at mojito. Maybe next time I'll do a savannah view Animal Kingdom Lodge room. It is definitely at the top of my list. I have a big sweet tooth so the bread pudding was speaking my language.
:welcome: , glad to have you joining in! Yes mojitos and bread pudding are both awesome!
I really liked Bill's shirt for the California Grill brunch. As much as I enjoy brunch, I'm rather surprised I did not book a brunch for my upcoming trip. I must add it to my list of must do's for an upcoming trip.
I bought that shirt for Bill at Boutiki. It's a Tommy Bahama one and is quite lightweight as it is a silk blend.Brunch is one of my favourite meals and the one at Cg did not disappoint!
Keep the story going. I'm looking forward to hearing your description of afternoon tea.
Coming up soon!
How exciting! Christmas at Disney! I found it far more crowded than I'm used and the party wasn't quite as fun at the Halloween one, but after this year, I"m thinking twice about that one again until they start limiting tickets again. Make sure to visit the gingerbread houses and something I'd like to do, but haven't, is see the Christmas tree trail at DTD.
I hope the party I am going to is not oversold....that is bad practice on Disney's part and they need to stop. I am so excited for this trip...it will be jam packed with only three days.

Not too hard actually. Bill didn't feel great after riding Fo on our first day and I really wanted to see HEA so it was ok.
I guess Bill feeling not so great made that a much easier decision.

@pkondz He just didn't love FoP the way I hoped he would. I just got back from your wintery city this morning.......was there for less than 48 hours for a family wedding. I had to go shopping for new winter boots for the occasion! Hope you have power and didn't lose too many trees!

@pkondz He just didn't love FoP the way I hoped he would.
Ah well. Not everyone will like everything.
I just got back from your wintery city this morning.......was there for less than 48 hours for a family wedding.
Well shoot!
I guess you were probably far too busy (48 hours!) for a quick visit anyway.
But next time you're in town (if ever), lemme know and I'll buy you a coffee. :)
I had to go shopping for new winter boots for the occasion!
I am not at all surprised by this. :sad2:
Hope you have power and didn't lose too many trees!
Power was good. We live in a new area where all the lines are underground.
We only have two small trees and I knocked the snow off them.
But lots of trees damaged all over the city!

It's time for tea!

After arriving back from Hollywood Studios, we had a little time to relax before getting ready for tea. We took the launch over to the Contemporary and as we walking towards the pool I noticed two of my favourite characters just hanging out. I was delighted to see them and it was so fun to say hi!
IMG_4793.JPG
We had to get going so I regretfully said goodbye to my chipmunk friends and headed to the monorail. We were soon at the Grand and made our way downstairs to the Gardenview Tea Room. We had a lovely two top near the windows and were given our menus to choose our tea. We decided to go for the Berfordshire Tea and added a glass of champagne each. I had changed schools at the end of the year and my colleagues thoughtfully gave me Disney gift cards as a going away present. So I decided to use them on this tea. :)

Bill chose the Mango and Ginger green tea while I went for the Rose and Fig white tea. Soon our plate of
sandwiches arrived.......we had a poached pear with Gorgonzola, a cucumber with boursin, egg salad, curried chicken, a sundried tomato and an onion tart. Everything was so delicious and fresh.
IMG_4745.JPG

Soon our tea tray bearing our scones and desserts arrived. You might not think afternoon tea would be super filling but we felt we had a lovely variety of food and really were not hungry for a big meal later on.
IMG_4746.JPG

I was thoroughly enjoying my champagne and you can now see what dress I picked at the Dress shop! The Dole Whip completely won me over......
IMG_4748.JPG

The scone were lovely and fresh and came served with strawberry jam, lemon curd and clotted cream. It was my favourite part of the meal! There was also a jam tart to enjoy.
IMG_4752.JPG

Our dessert was next on the agenda and we both went for the trifle. It was absolutely delicious.
IMG_4753.JPG

We thoroughly enjoyed our tea. The ambiance, service and food all combined to make a lovely afternoon. We headed over to the dock to catch the launch to Mk and then transfer to Wilderness Lodge. We couldn't have asked for a nicer way to spend the day.
IMG_4754.JPGIMG_4755.JPG

We had fun taking a few dockside photos. While we had a lovely day, we were happy to have a little time to relax before heading to Epcot to say goodbye to Iluminations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!