Congrats on not being sold separately! ~ a 20th anniversary trip report. New TR link 12/21

What a fun day!

I agree, Ohana is wonderful, however, for us it is way to much food! We probably won’t be back for awhile. I know my husband and son would love all the meat!

The HM photo cracks me up, I love them!
I don’t want to tell Andi where the camera is, so I can see her unprepared for a photo, just once :rotfl:

Your trip is getting so close now! I wish I was going to be there in August too......is it wrong that I've been home for four days and already want to go back????
If this is wrong, than I don't ever wanna be right!

I felt the same way about Wishes....I adored that show. I may even have a permanent tribute to wishes.......
IMG_2418.JPG
Love this!

Tambu Lounge. I went for the Kona Longboard lager and Bill had the Kona IPA. It was so fun to just sit and reminisce about our Poly vacation with the boys when they were younger and just enjoy each other's company.
How was the "new" Tambu lounge? I thought I'd heard they'd renovated it somehow but didn't know what that meant

Imagine our delight when we were led to a window side table with a view of the castle (way in the distance). It really could not get any better!

IMG_4538.JPG
Anniversary pixie dust

hey came around with the salad but didn't bring the bread. The server thought I couldn't have coconut due to my nut allergy but I told him it was fine and was soon happily digging into the bread and salad.
Weird they wouldn't have brought the bread at least for Bill even if you did have an allergy to it. And good for you for sending the appetizers away. I hear that is the biggest complaint about Ohana is how they try and rush you through

The appetizers arrived about 10 minutes later and I did my best to eat my body weight's worth of potstickers and chicken wings, liberally dunked in peanut sauce.
Now for me this would be the one and only reason to eat there. I can devour some potstickers and wings like nobody's business!

We headed over to Liberty Square for Haunted Mansion and obviously had no clue where the camera is for the new ride photo, lol!
IMG_4903.JPG
I think exactly 3 people in the world know where this camera is

I love the reflections in the water here.....
IMG_4551.JPG
Gorgeous photos! Glad to hear it was such a good night

What a fun day!

I agree, Ohana is wonderful, however, for us it is way to much food! We probably won’t be back for awhile. I know my husband and son would love all the meat!

The HM photo cracks me up, I love them!
I don’t want to tell Andi where the camera is, so I can see her unprepared for a photo, just once :rotfl:
Thanks Caroline! We had so much fun! Ohana is definitely too much for us now too. We would probably go with the boys one trip but it is just as easy to pop by Tambu lounge for potstickers, wings and bread pudding. I would get all my favourite parts of the meal for a lot less $$. We never figured out where the camera is so have more hilarious HM photos ahead!
If this is wrong, than I don't ever wanna be right!
Exactly!!! I took full advantage of the passholder discounts and booked myself a long weekend trip for December!
Love this!
Thank you, me too! :)
How was the "new" Tambu lounge? I thought I'd heard they'd renovated it somehow but didn't know what that meant
It is bigger than before with more seating to the side. The bar area has more seating too.
Gorgeous photos! Glad to hear it was such a good night
Thanks! I am in Disney withdrawal!

Joining in and boy are you celebrating your anniversary in style!
Sounds like your trip has gotten off to a perfect start. You both look gorgeous in your photo in France :)
Congratulations on 20 years together :)

Joining in and boy are you celebrating your anniversary in style!
Sounds like your trip has gotten off to a perfect start. You both look gorgeous in your photo in France :)
Congratulations on 20 years together :)
:welcome: , thanks so much for joining in! We really had the best time and it was a perfect way to celebrate our anniversary!

What a fabulous day! I haven't been to Ohana in YEARS but do make their bread pudding recipe every Thanksgiving, so I at least get a little taste from time to time :laughing:

Bill did not understand the importance of this shot but I managed to convince him that it is an essential People Mover experience!
It's a must!

We headed over to Liberty Square for Haunted Mansion and obviously had no clue where the camera is for the new ride photo, lol!
I have no idea either! I need to figure that out (and PotC as I still have no clue on that one either :scratchin :sad2: )

By the way... do I see a new ticker?! :hyper:

Congrats on joining the "no idea where the HM camera is" club :rotfl: It's a pleasure to have you!
Glad you enjoyed 'Ohana, we haven't been in years and chose to skip it on our EPIC trip in May but the potstickers and noodles would be my favorite part! I actually did quite a bit of shopping at the Poly earlier this month, besides the GF I think it's one of the best resorts for that :)
Very nice night in the MK! We were wondering about the crowd there while watching the fireworks from Narcoossee's, around 7:00 on the 4th the crowds were insane.

What a fabulous day! I haven't been to Ohana in YEARS but do make their bread pudding recipe every Thanksgiving, so I at least get a little taste from time to time :laughing:
I make the bread pudding at home too! It is so delicious!!!
By the way... do I see a new ticker?! :hyper:
You do indeed! I am staying at Pop December 13-16 with the great AP rate! So excited for the Skyliner and nice renovated rooms. I've never stayed there before so am looking forward to checking another resort off my list. I have a Candlelight Processional dinner booked at Rose and Crown for the 8:15 show and am going to the Christmas party! I can't wait!

Congrats on joining the "no idea where the HM camera is" club :rotfl: It's a pleasure to have you!
Glad you enjoyed 'Ohana, we haven't been in years and chose to skip it on our EPIC trip in May but the potstickers and noodles would be my favorite part! I actually did quite a bit of shopping at the Poly earlier this month, besides the GF I think it's one of the best resorts for that :)
Very nice night in the MK! We were wondering about the crowd there while watching the fireworks from Narcoossee's, around 7:00 on the 4th the crowds were insane.
Believe me, the HM pictures only get better, lol! The Poly is great for shopping, we got Bill a really nice Tommy Bahama shirt to wear to our CG brunch and it is one of his favourites. They are so well made! Crowds were crazy enough for me on the 3rd and it took us forever to get back to AKL. I can't even imagine what it would have been like on the 4th!

We opted to order in some breakfast things and were soon sitting out on the balcony, taking in the view and enjoying our breakfast.

Sounds like a very relaxing way to start your day.

It was a gorgeous morning so there was really no better place to enjoy it. We found a private corner to the left of the slide area which was so shady and quiet.

Your whole day sounds so nice. I wish I could slow down and enjoy my time @ DW more.

When we checked in at the podium, we had asked if could request a window table. They said they couldn't guarantee anything but would make a note. Imagine our delight when we were led to a window side table with a view of the castle (way in the distance). It really could not get any better!

Perfect table! Lovely view.

Of course we knew, we had to start off with a Lapu Lapu. It's an Ohana must do for us!

I haven't had this yet. My oldest had one in 2007 and really enjoyed it. I pretty much stick with the Long Island Ice Tea.

Look, here it is in all it's glory. Although the sauce is now strictly a caramel sauce and not the banana foster sauce they used to have. It was still delicious!

IMG_4545.JPG

Best part of the meal!

Lovely picture. Your outfits are very Ohana.

Of course, our first ride had to be the People Mover!!
IMG_4546.JPG

We love this too.

IMG_4903.JPG

Love this. We haven't done this with the ride photo yet. I'm worried what our pictures will look like.

Coming out of haunted Mansion, the sun was setting and the sky was vivid with purples and grays. I tried to grab a few shots as we headed over to ride BTMR.

Beautiful!

It was a gorgeous morning so there was really no better place to enjoy it. We found a private corner to the left of the slide area which was so shady and quiet. We ended up making friends with another couple there who were recently re-married late in life after their partners passed away. They were just so lovely to chat with and we really enjoyed their company. After whiling away a few hours, we decided a visit to the pool bar was in order. Bill went for the Pina CoLAVA while I tried the Blueberry Lemonade. We decided to split the Mara salad as we were going to Ohana for dinner tonight and didn't want to be too full. The salad was full of grilled chicken, feta, legumes and veggies....so refreshing in the heat. The drinks went down well too!
IMG_0946.jpeg

Bill is giving me "the look" for taking his picture, lol! Meanwhile, I am blissed out in my happy place!

IMG_0953.jpeg

That sounds like a lovely way to spend the day. I love pool days at the resort :lovestruc

Of course we knew, we had to start off with a Lapu Lapu. It's an Ohana must do for us! They came around with the salad but didn't bring the bread. The server thought I couldn't have coconut due to my nut allergy but I told him it was fine and was soon happily digging into the bread and salad. They tried bringing the appies over right away but I asked if they could please wait as we hadn't even finished our salad yet. Finally, our Lapu Lapus arrived and we enjoyed them immensely.
IMG_4540.JPG
IMG_4541.JPG

I mean, drinks served in pineapples are always more delicious, right????

I wouldn't know…I keep forgetting to try one of those! I want to though!

We find we don't handle the all you can eat meals like we used to be able to. But at least we went out on a high note with a wonderful meal!

We don't, either. After our last Tusker House breakfast we felt so gross. It's just too much food for us, even though it's super yummy 😋

We hopped on the monorail after leaving Ohana and were soon strolling up Main Street USA. It was our first time in the Magic Kingdom together in three and a half years and I was just thrilled to be there together!
IMG_4554.JPG

Great picture of you both. I love your Polynesian outfits ::yes::

IMG_4903.JPG

Nobody knows…it makes for the greatest pictures :rotfl:

So we made our way out of the park and back to the resort, happy with our wonderful 2nd day in our favourite spot!

Sounds perfect :thumbsup2

You do indeed! I am staying at Pop December 13-16 with the great AP rate! So excited for the Skyliner and nice renovated rooms. I've never stayed there before so am looking forward to checking another resort off my list.
YAY!!! Pop is my "home resort" and I love it! The theming is exceptional here - I think you'll really enjoy it! :thumbsup2

I have a Candlelight Processional dinner booked at Rose and Crown for the 8:15 show and am going to the Christmas party! I can't wait!
Oh how lovely! I've never done CP before, but always have wanted to. Is this a solo trip for you?

Your whole day sounds so nice. I wish I could slow down and enjoy my time @ DW more.
I love my down time, I typically only do 3-4 hours in the park at a time.
Best part of the meal!
Agreed!!
Lovely picture. Your outfits are very Ohana.
Thank you! My dress is my Tiki room Disneybound and we had just bought the shirt for Bill that day!
We love this too.
People Mover is the best!
Love this. We haven't done this with the ride photo yet. I'm worried what our pictures will look like.
Our photos just get better and better (or worse and worse...lol)
Beautiful!
Thank you!
We'll be at Pop December 14-21. I'm looking forward to the Skyliner and Christmas in the parks.
Me too! Maybe we will have a chance to say hello! :)
That sounds like a lovely way to spend the day. I love pool days at the resort :lovestruc
I l love them too!
I wouldn't know…I keep forgetting to try one of those! I want to though!
They are so yummy!
We don't, either. After our last Tusker House breakfast we felt so gross. It's just too much food for us, even though it's super yummy 😋
I know...I really can't eat a lot of sugar or heavy things anymore. It just doesn't agree with me.
Great picture of you both. I love your Polynesian outfits ::yes::
Thank you! I was happy to get some nice pics together.....can't wait to scrapbook this trip!
Nobody knows…it makes for the greatest pictures :rotfl:
So true....ours are hilariously bad!
Oh how lovely! I've never done CP before, but always have wanted to. Is this a solo trip for you?
I am so excited for it! I have never done CP or anything Christmas at the parks. It is a solo trip. While Bill had fun on our trip, he is happy to go to Disney every 2-3 years. Unlike his wife, who could go 2-3 times a year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!