Congrats on not being sold separately! ~ a 20th anniversary trip report. New TR link 12/21

We thoroughly enjoyed this experience and thought it was excellent value for the money. While $90.00 per person does sound pricey; the food, ambiance, drinks and service make it worth every penny. We will definitely be back!

That is a lot of money...but it looked amazing. I'm thinking if you had it at mid day and ate a lot maybe you could get away with just a snack as dinner, and then justify it because it counts as almost a whole day's food lol. The view up there is amazing too, worth some of the money right there!

Hi Susan! I can't believe I completely missed your new report. I got pretty busy with work over the summer and then had a couple weeks "staycation", so I haven't been browsing for new reports like I used to. But I've subscribed to yours now.
I like the idea of a couples only anniversary trip. My wife and I will have our 15th in 2021 - just in time for the 50th. I don't know if my youngest DD will ever let us go to WDW without her, but it would be a nice change.

Are you in the Canadian Disney Addicts group on FB?
I haven't heard of that one. I'll have to look it up.

That is a lot of money...but it looked amazing. I'm thinking if you had it at mid day and ate a lot maybe you could get away with just a snack as dinner, and then justify it because it counts as almost a whole day's food lol. The view up there is amazing too, worth some of the money right there!
That's pretty much what we did......our reservation was for 11:20. We had some ice cream later on that night and bar sbacks at Geyser Point but that was all we needed. :)
Hi Susan! I can't believe I completely missed your new report. I got pretty busy with work over the summer and then had a couple weeks "staycation", so I haven't been browsing for new reports like I used to. But I've subscribed to yours now.
I like the idea of a couples only anniversary trip. My wife and I will have our 15th in 2021 - just in time for the 50th. I don't know if my youngest DD will ever let us go to WDW without her, but it would be a nice change.

I haven't heard of that one. I'll have to look it up.
:welcome: , glad to have you joining in! We had an awesome time on our trip. I think it would be great for you guys too.....it is really nice to have some time away as a couple.

Let's ditch all our plans and make new ones!

After finishing our decadent brunch, we made our way to the boat dock so we could head back to Wilderness Lodge. It was about 2:30 in the afternoon and we had planned to head to Animal Kingdom for about 5:00. It felt so rushed to me and I couldn't really face turning around so quickly to head out again. So I said to Bill "How would you feel about going to Magic Kingdom tonight instead?" I hadn't seen HEA at the park yet this trip and I was really missing it. Bill believes in the happy wife, happy life theory so he was quick to agree. So I cancelled all our FPs (including one for FoP) and made new ones for MK. I felt much better about this decision. Upon arriving at Wilderness Lodge, I had a stop to make in the gift shop as I had bought a little treat for myself the day before and had it shipped back to the resort. I couldn't wait to see it again...... what do you think I bought?? If you guessed a new Disney Dooney bag, you would be right! And here it is in all it's glory....The AP Disney Cats satchel with the best placement ever!
IMG_4683.JPG

I just loved the prominence of the Aristocats, Figaro, Simba, Lucifer and my beloved Cheshire Cat!

We took the opportunity to relax in the room for a while.....I watched HGTV while Bill watched CNN on the other TV. We napped a bit then enjoyed some wine sitting out on the balcony. It was a lovely, peaceful afternoon. We were still too full from brunch for a meal so we snacked on a little prosciutto, cheese and crackers I had ordered. I guess that answers the question of whether they found our groceries! :)

We headed over to Magic Kingdom around 6:30, having snagged FPs for Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh and IASW. I was happy to see my name as we left IASW....always fun!
IMG_4684.JPG
We had some time to kill before our PPF FP so we decided we would try our hand at Hidden Pascal hunting. This is great fun and was much trickier than you might think. Here a few we found....I think we managed 8/10.
IMG_4686.JPGIMG_4685.JPG
IMG_4688.JPG

As we were walking towards PPF, we happened to notice one of our favourite Disney bloggers....Jenna from Resort TV 1. We were both a little shy but stopped and chatted with her for a bit which was fun. We actually watched ourselves on the stream from that day which was really weird but cool too. Then we were off to fly over London and knock a few more Hidden Mickeys off my list. This was the first time I ever saw the Hidden Mickey in the moon over London so I was happy about that. Next up was bouncing around with Winnie, Tigger and friends. By the time that was over, we were in need of something yummy so stopped in at Storybook Treats. Bill went for the Peter Pan float while I tried the Lost Princess cone.
IMG_4694.JPGIMG_4697.JPG
We really enjoyed our refreshing treats! As we were eating, I kept watching the carousel and bugging Bill to ride it with me. Being the good husband he is, he agreed and had fun too. By that time though, he was so over the Fantasyland area so we made it towards the hub to stake out a spot for Happily Ever After! We were so lucky and found a perfect grassy spot with a direct view of the castle. There were two young boys near by on their first trip to MK and you could tell everyone was tired and a little cranky. I tried to distract them by talking a bit with them and telling them a little about the fireworks. Well during the show, they were just in awe! It was the best thing ever... they were jumping up and down, laughing, shouting in delight. I had tears in my eyes watching their reaction...it was precious! And of course I cried, during the Hercules section.... to be there with Bill, celebrating 20 years of our Happily Ever After....well, it was just perfect!
IMG_4714.JPG
It was getting close to park close by now so I checked the app and noticed there was very little wait for BTMR so we headed over there to ride. On the way out, we stopped for a pic on Main Street and caught some of a kiss goodnight.
IMG_4737.JPG

We were lucky enough to make it on to the first Wilderness Lodge launch and once we arrived back "home" we thought we would pop into Geyser Point for a snack and some bevvies. We tried the crispy oysters and edamame, Bill had a G&T and I went for the Black Cherry Mule. It was a perfect ending to an awesome night!

I love the Dooney purse, you are right great placement of the cats!!

I’m glad switching up your plans worked out well for you both!

Cute skirt!

I'm so happy to hear your California Grill brunch was well worth the money. I'm curious about the salad now, I'm a fan of a good salad and if was yummy enough to warrant wanting the recipe, it had to be pretty good!

Your Dooney looks fabulous! That is one of the better placements I have seen on that bag. Love that Simba is front and center. :goodvibes

Swapping an DAK evening for the MK sounds like it was a wise move. A lot less rushed and closer to your resort at the end of the night.

And here it is in all it's glory....The AP Disney Cats satchel with the best placement ever!
IMG_4683.JPG

Super cute ::yes::

to be there with Bill, celebrating 20 years of our Happily Ever After....well, it was just perfect!
IMG_4714.JPG

What a perfect end to a perfect day :love:

I just loved the prominence of the Aristocats, Figaro, Simba, Lucifer and my beloved Cheshire Cat!
Ooooh, I love this bag! You're right - the placements are perfect!

Ya know... sometimes the best laid plans... are the ones where you abandon the best laid plans! :laughing:Sounds like you made an excellent decision and had a wonderful evening :goodvibes

Love the room! One day I will make it to Cali Brunch...I want to eat it all, lol!

I too love to watch people experience the magic of Disney for the first time! It just makes me happy!

Can't wait to read more!

Lynn

So I cancelled all our FPs (including one for FoP)
:scared1:
I felt much better about this decision.
Glad you were happy with the decision. It must not have been easy, especially giving up the FoP FP, but I can understand. There were a few afternoon breaks with my family that really seemed too short, and we did give up an evening at AK too because we were just too tired.

....The AP Disney Cats satchel with the best placement ever!
Oh nice! My wife would love this bag. I don't know much about this stuff. Does AP mean only annual passholders can buy the bag?

As we were eating, I kept watching the carousel and bugging Bill to ride it with me. Being the good husband he is, he agreed and had fun too.
I've been on the carousel a few times with my girls. Don't tell anyone, but I had fun too!

On the way out, we stopped for a pic on Main Street and caught some of a kiss goodnight.
Nice. I don't think I've ever seen the kiss goodnight.

That sounds like an awesome day!! Even with the change of plans it just sounds fabulous! I can't wait to stay there in December!

Sounds like you made a good decision switching to MK that night! Everything sounded wonderful, especially getting to watch HEA with Bill!

I love the Dooney purse, you are right great placement of the cats!!

I’m glad switching up your plans worked out well for you both!

Cute skirt!
It really turned out to be the best decision we could have made. I am in love with that purse too, definitely one of my favourites! The skirt is actually a skort I picked up at Costco this spring. They are super comfy, wash well and you are not going to flash someone getting off a ride, lol!
I'm so happy to hear your California Grill brunch was well worth the money. I'm curious about the salad now, I'm a fan of a good salad and if was yummy enough to warrant wanting the recipe, it had to be pretty good!

Your Dooney looks fabulous! That is one of the better placements I have seen on that bag. Love that Simba is front and center. :goodvibes

Swapping an DAK evening for the MK sounds like it was a wise move. A lot less rushed and closer to your resort at the end of the night.
It had applewood smoked bacon, chunks of creamy avocado and halved hard boiled eggs. Tons of fresh mixed greens too with a really lovely herby dressing. :) I am so happy with my new baby... I am obsessed with Disney Dooneys, lol! I am so happy we changed our plans, it was definitely a smart move.
Super cute ::yes::

What a perfect end to a perfect day :love:
Thanks! It really was. :goodvibes
Ooooh, I love this bag! You're right - the placements are perfect!

Ya know... sometimes the best laid plans... are the ones where you abandon the best laid plans! :laughing:Sounds like you made an excellent decision and had a wonderful evening :goodvibes
I know! I am sure you find that too, when you are looking for one or two people, it is so much easier to be flexible.
Love the room! One day I will make it to Cali Brunch...I want to eat it all, lol!

I too love to watch people experience the magic of Disney for the first time! It just makes me happy!

Can't wait to read more!

Lynn
:welcome:, nice to have you along. Everything at Cali Grill brunch is so good....you will love it!
:scared1:

Glad you were happy with the decision. It must not have been easy, especially giving up the FoP FP, but I can understand. There were a few afternoon breaks with my family that really seemed too short, and we did give up an evening at AK too because we were just too tired.

Oh nice! My wife would love this bag. I don't know much about this stuff. Does AP mean only annual passholders can buy the bag?

I've been on the carousel a few times with my girls. Don't tell anyone, but I had fun too!

Nice. I don't think I've ever seen the kiss goodnight.
I know, I know...I couldn't believe we were giving up a FoP FP either but it was really the right decision. Yes, the AP bag is only for annual passholders. I was lucky to have an AP at the time as it was my favourite silhouette. The Kiss Goodnight is sweet...such a nice way to say goodnight to the park!
That sounds like an awesome day!! Even with the change of plans it just sounds fabulous! I can't wait to stay there in December!
It really was such a great day! You are going to LOVE staying at Wilderness Lodge in December!
Sounds like you made a good decision switching to MK that night! Everything sounded wonderful, especially getting to watch HEA with Bill!
It really was the most perfect night, thanks Alexis! :goodvibes

I just bought that bag last week! I was looking for good placement of Sher Khan and Bagera and easily found it and am loving the new addition to my Dooney collection :goodvibes

Ah, the changing of the plans, something we know well. It isn't really a Disney trip for us if we don't do this at least 50% of the time lol! Some trips we've changed around every single day and loved them all. And any night that ends at Geyser Point is a good one!

I just bought that bag last week! I was looking for good placement of Sher Khan and Bagera and easily found it and am loving the new addition to my Dooney collection :goodvibes

Ah, the changing of the plans, something we know well. It isn't really a Disney trip for us if we don't do this at least 50% of the time lol! Some trips we've changed around every single day and loved them all. And any night that ends at Geyser Point is a good one!
I just love the Cats bag so much.....it's great how each bag is unique depending on the placement you are looking for. Did you go for the AP one too? Or a different style?

I think that's the advantage of getting to go to Disney as much as we do.....we don't feel pressured to see everything/stick to a schedule etc because we know we will be back. Usually sooner than later too...lol!

o I said to Bill "How would you feel about going to Magic Kingdom tonight instead?" I hadn't seen HEA at the park yet this trip and I was really missing it. Bill believes in the happy wife, happy life theory so he was quick to agree. So I cancelled all our FPs (including one for FoP) and made new ones for MK.
Hate to give up FP for FoP, but that's probably the right call. You're saving a lot of time and hassle by just staying close to the resort like that.
We really enjoyed our refreshing treats! As we were eating, I kept watching the carousel and bugging Bill to ride it with me. Being the good husband he is, he agreed and had fun too.
Going back to that happy wife, happy life comment... :rolleyes1
There were two young boys near by on their first trip to MK and you could tell everyone was tired and a little cranky. I tried to distract them by talking a bit with them and telling them a little about the fireworks. Well during the show, they were just in awe! It was the best thing ever... they were jumping up and down, laughing, shouting in delight. I had tears in my eyes watching their reaction...it was precious! And of course I cried, during the Hercules section.... to be there with Bill, celebrating 20 years of our Happily Ever After....well, it was just perfect!
That's pretty cool. I'm glad you got to kind of connect with them and not only enjoy the show, but enjoy their reactions.
It was getting close to park close by now so I checked the app and noticed there was very little wait for BTMR so we headed over there to ride.
Always one of my favorite things to do late at night in MK!

Hate to give up FP for FoP, but that's probably the right call. You're saving a lot of time and hassle by just staying close to the resort like that.
Going back to that happy wife, happy life comment... :rolleyes1
That's pretty cool. I'm glad you got to kind of connect with them and not only enjoy the show, but enjoy their reactions.
Always one of my favorite things to do late at night in MK!
If Bill had have enjoyed FoP more when he rode it the first time we probably would have gone back for a second go. However he rode it after a bumpy Dinosaur ride and wasn't feeling the best. Yes, Bill is good like that......I think it's a useful philosophy for most husbands, lol! I just loved watching those boys as they were overcome by Disney Magic...it completely changed the night for them. :goodvibes

Did you go for the AP one too? Or a different style?
I actually went for a different style because the majority of the bags I have are the satchel and I haven't seen many prints in the style I have. I don't even know what it's called and haven't taken the time to look it up! I need to do that and then post a picture but it's similar in size to the satchel but "rounder" in an oblong way if that makes sense?

So glad your last minute change of plans worked out so nicely!!!
thanks Jenny! Hope you are enjoying your latest trip! :)
I actually went for a different style because the majority of the bags I have are the satchel and I haven't seen many prints in the style I have. I don't even know what it's called and haven't taken the time to look it up! I need to do that and then post a picture but it's similar in size to the satchel but "rounder" in an oblong way if that makes sense?
I know exactly what you are talking about and I have that silhouette in the Orange Bird and Snow White bags. Maybe it's called the Kendra?? Or the Kimberly?? Or something with a K? Lol! It's a great bag, nonetheless!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter