Congrats on not being sold separately! ~ a 20th anniversary trip report. New TR link 12/21

We scored a lovely patio table and were soon settled in with a refreshing drink as we watched the hot air balloon and discussed our plans for the day.
What a great way to figure out your day!
The Lego dragon is always our favourite as it brings back such nice memories of the boys when they were little.
:goodvibes
IMG_4595.JPG
IMG_4596.JPG
IMG_4597.JPG
Hmmm... I like the green one the best, but that's because I'm partial to that colour. I think, though, you bought the Epcot dress.
Imagine our surprise when the CM said "just wait here and I will have a bus come pick you up".
No. Way! Holy cow!
We had the best time at Typhoon Lagoon! We floated on the lazy river, played in the wave pool, had lunch in the shade, drinks at the bar, did some slides, went back to the lazy river and played in the wave pool again! It was SO fun!
:) Sounds like you guys had a great time!
We started off our evening at Hollywood Studios with dinner at 50's Prime Time. This was Bill's request and it did not disappoint!
It seldom does. I go there almost every trip. :)
as we sat down another group was celebrating their birthday and everyone was singing happy birthday to them.
:) Not surprised.
The CM looked us and said "well, why aren't you singing? Sing!" So we sang and laughed.......such a fun start!
:laughing: Glad you played along.
The onion rings were fabulous!
Aren't they??? Love those!
I went for the chicken pot pie and Bill chose the pot roast. Both our dishes were okay.
Well, there's your mistake. Stick to the fried chicken.
Bill sat down for a bit. His stomach was not feeling the best
Sorry to hear that.
Of course I had to take a picture with the alien in my alien shirt.
Of course!
In a real life update, I am heading to my cottage in PEI tomorrow for three weeks. No wifi...... just books, beach walks, hammock naps and general relaxing!
Wow! That sounds soooo relaxing! Enjoy your time!

I'm disappointed to hear the DHS After Hours was busy, but despite that setback it sounds like you two had a lovely time. Riding RNRC after a big dinner at 50's is brave! :laughing:

All three of those dresses looked great; how did you narrow it down? I'm going to guess you bought the Trader Sam's one.
We did have fun, thanks Alicia! Next time I think I would try MK after hours. Yep, riding RnRC after eating at 50's probably wasn't the best decision....
How cool that you got to meet one of my favorite peeps!!!!
She is is such a sweetheart! It would be lovely to meet you one day too!
What a fun day! I’m guessing the SE dress?? They all looked so cute! The SE was so unique in my opinion!

We loved the onion rings at 50’s but not a favorite place for us!

Glad you got to meet up with Ariane, the evening looks like a fun time except for it being more crowded then you like!

Your 3 weeks with only books and relaxation in PEI sounds heavenly!
Thanks Caroline! I wish I could have bought them all but you will see the one I picked soon. :) Going forward, I think I would just pop into the Tune Up lounge for onion rings and a beverage. I enjoyed the atmosphere at 50's a lot and am glad Bill got to experience it. It was lovely getting to meet Ariane, she is sweet! I am hoping all goes well in PEI........so thankful to have the cottage.
What a great way to figure out your day!
It was perfect!
No. Way! Holy cow!
We were shocked! And so grateful.:goodvibes
Aren't they??? Love those!
::yes::
Wow! That sounds soooo relaxing! Enjoy your time!
I am hoping all goes well.....my mom is struggling with the initial stages of Alzheimer's so that is challenging. They live in Charlottetown so I will try to spend time with her. On a happy note, my cousin from Winnipeg is coming to join me at the cottage for a week. I am looking forward to having her there!

I am hoping all goes well.....my mom is struggling with the initial stages of Alzheimer's so that is challenging
:hug:
On a happy note, my cousin from Winnipeg is coming to join me at the cottage for a week. I am looking forward to having her there!
That sounds nice. Just don't mention the last Bomber/Argo game... :sad2:

The Lego dragon is always our favourite as it brings back such nice memories of the boys when they were little. He was their favourite!

Us too!! Such great memories!

The one I ended up picking, I wore to tea at the Grand Floridian. You'll see soon! :goodvibes

I am going to guess the EPCOT one; it looks so pretty on you!

Well, we though we would just hop on the next resort bus and then grab a TL bus or walk over to grab a Lyft. Imagine our surprise when the CM said "just wait here and I will have a bus come pick you up". What an awesome piece of Disney Magic!

WHOA!! That is AMAZING!

We had the best time at Typhoon Lagoon! We floated on the lazy river, played in the wave pool, had lunch in the shade, drinks at the bar, did some slides, went back to the lazy river and played in the wave pool again! It was SO fun!

That sounds like a very lovely day for sure.

We walked right on and were soon hurtling through LA in our stretch limo!
As we were going through to our ride vehicle, the CM said "Hey, congrats on not being sold separately, toys!"

That's hilarious.

In a real life update, I am heading to my cottage in PEI tomorrow for three weeks. No wifi...... just books, beach walks, hammock naps and general relaxing! I am taking the train down which should be fun. I hope to pop in when I can but most likely will see you all in three weeks when I get home. Have a great August!

Have a magical, relazing, refreshing time! :goodvibes

What a great day you all had. Though I had no idea you couldn't get to Typhoon from Disney Springs. Wasn't that the only way to get there at some point :confused3 Oh well amazing you had your own carriage ride.

Sorry to hear 50's was a bit of a disappointment. I'm always a fan of it, but have a hard time convincing Jason that pot roast sounds good in the middle of August :P

So fun you and Ariane got to meet up!!! As much money as those parties are though, I'm surprised wait times were still that long. Looks like you all made the most out of it though.

I hope you enjoy your 3 weeks away! You're going to come back to lots of alerts here lol!

Imagine our surprise when the CM said "just wait here and I will have a bus come pick you up". What an awesome piece of Disney Magic!
That is awesome anniversary Pixie Dust! I love hearing when things like this happen :goodvibes
This really sounds like a nice relaxing, fun day. We've never done the water parks there as we're not water parks people but sometimes I think I should try one.....we've even asked the boys if they want to go and they don't! Maybe one day :-)
ToT but the waits were heavy all night due to the ongoing maintenance work.>:(
This was super disappointing as it's my main reason for doing the party being my favorite ride. When we did HS after hours in January the waits were minimal for TOT and we rode so many times! I didn't think the crows were worse this time, just the stupid TOT wait >:(
We had a great chat with @ariane37 and her lovely family. If you had the pleasure of meeting her, Steve and their boys, you know how nice they are. I hope our paths cross again one day.
I was so thrilled to finally meet you (and Bill) after all our time "knowing" each other on the boards :hug: I know I told you this but Ricky was impressed with Bill being able to have a professional basketball conversation lol!

Love your necklace! :goodvibes

Imagine our surprise when the CM said "just wait here and I will have a bus come pick you up". What an awesome piece of Disney Magic!
That's so awesome! A little bit of pixie dust :wizard:

As we were going through to our ride vehicle, the CM said "Hey, congrats on not being sold separately, toys!"
:rotfl: I've been anxiously waiting to hear how the trip report title came about!

In a real life update, I am heading to my cottage in PEI tomorrow for three weeks. No wifi...... just books, beach walks, hammock naps and general relaxing!
Have a wonderful 3 weeks in PEI! Books, beach walks, and hammock naps sound quite lovely :goodvibes

Loving all your updates. Sounds like a fantastic way to holiday. Love all 3 dresses on you. Looking forward to seeing your final choice :)

Nice! Love that pixie dust!

Sounds like a great time at TL! Hoping for a relaxing day just like this during our next trip!

No wifi...... just books, beach walks, hammock naps and general relaxing
That sounds lovely :love: Enjoy!

Well, we though we would just hop on the next resort bus and then grab a TL bus or walk over to grab a Lyft. Imagine our surprise when the CM said "just wait here and I will have a bus come pick you up". What an awesome piece of Disney Magic!
Well, that's nice!
The CM looked us and said "well, why aren't you singing? Sing!" So we sang and laughed.......such a fun start!
What? You mean you weren't already singing happy birthday to your "cousin?"
We decided to make Rockin' Roller Coaster our first ride of the night. We walked right on and were soon hurtling through LA in our stretch limo!
Love this ride so much. Always a win. The look on the face of the girl in front of you is priceless!!!
As we were going through to our ride vehicle, the CM said "Hey, congrats on not being sold separately, toys!" And so, the title of this trip report was born!
:rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao: That's an interesting way of saying it!
In a real life update, I am heading to my cottage in PEI tomorrow for three weeks. No wifi...... just books, beach walks, hammock naps and general relaxing! I am taking the train down which should be fun. I hope to pop in when I can but most likely will see you all in three weeks when I get home. Have a great August!
I hope you're having a great time!

Bill had not been to Disney Springs since it was re-imagined so we took our time strolling around and just taking everything in.

I've been twice but just for quick visits and still haven't seen it all and feel totally lost.

I ended up trying on three different dresses; Trader Sams, Epcot and Dole Whip. Which one do you think I bought???

I like them all but tend to favor bright colors so I'm going to say the Dole Whip.

Great bit of Disney Magic!

I wouldn't come here for the food but the atmosphere was so fun and we really loved the theming.

Prime Time is fun! I haven't been in years and I'm still trying to get DH to go back.

We decided to make Rockin' Roller Coaster our first ride of the night. We walked right on and were soon hurtling through LA in our stretch limo!

You're braver than me. This ride messes with my equilibrium. DH and the kids love it.

Of course I had to take a picture with the alien in my alien shirt.
IMG_4615.JPG

Perfect outfit for this night.

We loved meeting Buzz and Buzz loved Bill's shirt!
IMG_4623.JPG

So cute! You both dressed perfectly for this night.

Here we are together!
IMG_4618.JPG

What a great meet. Of course if you don't get the picture it didn't happen.

Next up was Slinky Dog and we had a great time! It's so fun at night

You do look like you're having fun. I can't wait to try this for the first time.

This sounds perfect. I'm a big reader and even belong to a local book club. What are you reading while you're there?

I totally missed that you had started a TR for this trip! Anyway, I'm here!

Your trip sounds like the perfect Disney anniversary trip, relaxing, good food, fun! Your meals have all been mouth watering so far! And I am adding Victoria Falls to my list of things to try out when we stay at AKL in May next year! So fun!

Shame you weren't the biggest fans of DHS AH! But if you aren't feeling the best and the lines are long that definitely won't lend itself to a fun night!

Hi Kathy!! :welcome: , so glad you are here! I didn't post a ton on my FB page, just a little bit here and there. Are you in the Canadian Disney Addicts group on FB? I did do full daily updates there. You can't walk from AKL to AK but the bus ride is only about 5 minutes. This was my second time staying at AKL, I absolutely love it there. The night vision goggles were fun.....there are many neat things to do around the resort, I just love it! :goodvibes

I am in some Disney groups on FB but there are so many! I just requested to join another one - The Real Canadian Disney Addicts group - is that the one?

How cool is that????

If you had the pleasure of meeting her, Steve and their boys, you know how nice they are. I hope our paths cross again one day.

Definitely they are the best! Although everyone I have met through the DIS has been so great. It's instant friends whenever I meet people, so much fun!

In a real life update, I am heading to my cottage in PEI tomorrow for three weeks.

How amazing! Never been to PEI but have always wanted to go!

Hi everyone!! We arrived back from PEI on Sunday evening and I am slowly settling back into life at home. PEI was good, filled with time with friends, family and great food. The one challenging piece was that my mom had a very bad fall the Thursday before we left and broke her leg as well as having significant bruising and contusions on her face. Luckily the break is a clean one and she is healing nicely. She is out of hospital and is now in restorative care, which is a "next step" unit before heading home. So it was hard to leave with all of that going on but I know she is being well cared for. Then I moved Jack back to university for his second year on Tuesday and spent Wednesday/Thursday at my new school getting ready for our first day with the children on Tuesday. It has been a week! So, on to Disney related things........ :)

WHOA!! That is AMAZING!
It really was, we couldn't believe it!
Have a magical, relazing, refreshing time! :goodvibes
Thank you!
What a great day you all had. Though I had no idea you couldn't get to Typhoon from Disney Springs. Wasn't that the only way to get there at some point :confused3 Oh well amazing you had your own carriage ride.
It used to be the only way to get there. You had to take a bus from your resort to DS, then transfer to TL. We were thrilled that we had our own bus.
So fun you and Ariane got to meet up!!! As much money as those parties are though, I'm surprised wait times were still that long. Looks like you all made the most out of it though.
It was great to meet Ariane and her family. :) Yes, the DHS after hours is not likely one we would do again but I would definitely try the MK one.
That is awesome anniversary Pixie Dust! I love hearing when things like this happen :goodvibes
It really was! We couldn't believe it!
I was so thrilled to finally meet you (and Bill) after all our time "knowing" each other on the boards :hug: I know I told you this but Ricky was impressed with Bill being able to have a professional basketball conversation lol!
We were so impressed by your boys......so polite and engaging. You are doing a great job raising your young men!
Love your necklace!
Thank you! I saw someone wearing it a few years ago and asked her where she bought it and immediately went to get one for myself. :goodvibes
:rotfl: I've been anxiously waiting to hear how the trip report title came about!
It was the best.....we laughed over that the whole trip!
Have a wonderful 3 weeks in PEI! Books, beach walks, and hammock naps sound quite lovely :goodvibes
It was! The weather was really great too. :)
Loving all your updates. Sounds like a fantastic way to holiday. Love all 3 dresses on you. Looking forward to seeing your final choice :)
Thank you! It was the best time and of course I can't wait to go back again.
Nice! Love that pixie dust!
Me too! So awesome when unexpected things happen. :goodvibes
Sounds like a great time at TL! Hoping for a relaxing day just like this during our next trip!
I hope you do too! I just love it there!
What? You mean you weren't already singing happy birthday to your "cousin?"
I know, right?? :laughing:
:rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao: That's an interesting way of saying it!
We laughed and laughed over that. :)
I like them all but tend to favor bright colors so I'm going to say the Dole Whip.
:)
Perfect outfit for this night.
Thank you!
So cute! You both dressed perfectly for this night.
We had so much fun and Bill was really a good sport about it.
This sounds perfect. I'm a big reader and even belong to a local book club. What are you reading while you're there?
I ended up reading 12 books in three weeks........some of my favourites were "The Tattooist of Auschwitz", "Where the Crawdads Sing" "Iron Horse", "Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine", "The Suspect" and "Little Fires Everywhere".
I'm sorry the after hours was crowded but sounds like you still had fun!

Enjoy your vacation!
Thank you!
I totally missed that you had started a TR for this trip! Anyway, I'm here!
Yay! And :welcome:
Your trip sounds like the perfect Disney anniversary trip, relaxing, good food, fun! Your meals have all been mouth watering so far! And I am adding Victoria Falls to my list of things to try out when we stay at AKL in May next year! So fun!
You will love Victoria Falls. It is a great little spot. :)
I am in some Disney groups on FB but there are so many! I just requested to join another one - The Real Canadian Disney Addicts group - is that the one?
No, it's a secret group called "Canadian Disney Addicts". I sent you an invitation.
Definitely they are the best! Although everyone I have met through the DIS has been so great. It's instant friends whenever I meet people, so much fun!
So true!
How amazing! Never been to PEI but have always wanted to go!
If you do decide to go, I will be your unofficial travel planner/guide. I'll even tell you about the secret beaches!

Boma breakfast is the best breakfast!!

Sadly we were saying goodbye to Animal Kingdom Lodge today after a lovely four nights there. We finished packing up all our things and double checked to make sure we hadn't left anything behind before calling for Bell Services to transfer our luggage and groceries over to Copper Creek.

Luckily we had one more special experience planned at AKL......the best breakfast buffet ever at Boma! I was so excited to share this experience with Bill as he has heard me rave about how good everything was. We waited maybe five minutes upon arriving at the restaurant and were soon led to a two top in the back corner which was lovely and quiet. We started off with coffee and some of the yummy POG juice.

Soon we were eager to make our way up to the buffet and I came back with this first plate of deliciousness....
IMG_4624.JPG

From the top clockwise I tried the chakala, roasted asparagus, grilled tomato, potato barrels, fried plantains and turkey bobotie. Everything was so delicious and fresh!

After enjoying a cup of coffee and letting my first plate settle a bit, I went up for more!
IMG_4625.JPG
This time I went for a classic Mickey waffle, the goat cheese and spinach scrambled eggs, more of the fried plantain and bacon!

Of course I couldn't just stop there......there was bread pudding to enjoy! So a third plate made it's way into my hands.......
IMG_4626.JPG
I enjoyed some fruit to balance out the decadence of the bread pudding. The grapes were crisp and cold, the pineapple was sweet but the strawberries were blah. Oh well....the bread pudding was perfection and made even better with the vanilla sauce. I felt as though I needed a wheelbarrow to get me out of there, lol! Not sure where the photos went of Bill's plates but he did not as crazy as I did. We both really enjoyed our meals. :)

Up next: a fun afternoon at MK including a first time ever Disney experience!

Not a bad way to end the AKL portion of your stay. I've heard nothing but great things about the Boma buffet!

Joining in....you are smart to have down time...we never seem to do that...it always rush rush rush... we need to do that...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter