Congrats on not being sold separately! ~ a 20th anniversary trip report. New TR link 12/21

IMG_4793.JPG
Is this the same dress as in your avatar?
We had a lovely two top near the windows
Nice. :)
I had changed schools at the end of the year and my colleagues thoughtfully gave me Disney gift cards as a going away present. So I decided to use them on this tea. :)
Very nice gifts!
You might not think afternoon tea would be super filling but we felt we had a lovely variety of food and really were not hungry for a big meal later on.
Oh, no. I've done that tea. By the time dessert rolled around... well, I was ready to be rolled out of there. So full!
We couldn't have asked for a nicer way to spend the day.
:goodvibes

We took the launch over to the Contemporary and as we walking towards the pool I noticed two of my favourite characters just hanging out. I was delighted to see them and it was so fun to say hi!

Whaaaat, chipmunks at the Contemporary? I've never seen that!

.we had a poached pear with Gorgonzola, a cucumber with boursin, egg salad, curried chicken, a sundried tomato and an onion tart. Everything was so delicious and fresh.

Yummy, I adore these sandwiches

I was thoroughly enjoying my champagne and you can now see what dress I picked at the Dress shop! The Dole Whip completely won me over......

THe dress looks so fantastic on you! Good choice!

Great photo!

Well shoot!
I guess you were probably far too busy (48 hours!) for a quick visit anyway.
But next time you're in town (if ever), lemme know and I'll buy you a coffee. :)
I flew in early Saturday morning and went to the wedding. The Sunday was down around the Forks, the Human Rights museum and a family dinner. It was jam packed. Then I flew out early Monday morning, like 6 am early! I am sure I'll be back in your city soon, we will definitely have to go for coffee.
I am not at all surprised by this. :sad2:
Would you be surprised by the fact that I tried on 19 pairs of boots at 4 different stores before I found a pair I liked??
Power was good. We live in a new area where all the lines are underground.
We only have two small trees and I knocked the snow off them.
But lots of trees damaged all over the city!
So many trees.....my cousin didn't have power the morning of the wedding but thankfully it came back on.

Is this the same dress as in your avatar?
No, that one is my Minnie inspired polka dot dress. This one is new Dole Whip dress I treated myself to at the Dress Shoppe at Cherry Tree Lane.
Oh, no. I've done that tea. By the time dessert rolled around... well, I was ready to be rolled out of there. So full!
So true! It is really delicious.
Whaaaat, chipmunks at the Contemporary? I've never seen that!
Me either!! I was so excited to see them!
THe dress looks so fantastic on you! Good choice!
Thank you so much!

I love your dress and the tea looks lovely. Andi and I did the tea in August and we really enjoyed it!

I really like the ability to see and do so many different things at WDW. The resorts are so fun to explore!

That tea looks so great! I definitely will have to add that to my to-do list for my next trip. Your dole whip print dress is wonderful.

I flew in early Saturday morning and went to the wedding. The Sunday was down around the Forks, the Human Rights museum and a family dinner. It was jam packed. Then I flew out early Monday morning, like 6 am early!
I was right. jam packed!
I am sure I'll be back in your city soon, we will definitely have to go for coffee.
Okay! :goodvibes
Would you be surprised by the fact that I tried on 19 pairs of boots at 4 different stores before I found a pair I liked??
Note to self: Coffee, yes. Shoe shopping NO!!!!!
So many trees.....my cousin didn't have power the morning of the wedding but thankfully it came back on.
Good thing! Still people without.
Here's a map of the current (as of this writing) outages:
No, that one is my Minnie inspired polka dot dress. This one is new Dole Whip dress I treated myself to at the Dress Shoppe at Cherry Tree Lane.
Ah! Both pretty, though. :)

I love your dress and the tea looks lovely. Andi and I did the tea in August and we really enjoyed it!

I really like the ability to see and do so many different things at WDW. The resorts are so fun to explore!
I agree! So many fun things to see and do. :)
That tea looks so great! I definitely will have to add that to my to-do list for my next trip. Your dole whip print dress is wonderful.
Thank you so much, I just love the Disney dresses....they are so fun! I hope you do try the tea, I think you would love it!
Your dress is lovely!! SOunds like a fantastic time at afternoon tea!
Thank Alexis! It was the perfect dress to wear to tea!
Good thing! Still people without.
Here's a map of the current (as of this writing) outages:
Yikes! The priest who was doing the wedding got stuck in Portage and had to be rescued by one of cousins in an off road vehicle.......but he made it on time!
Ah! Both pretty, though. :)
Thank you! I love dresses!

Some of you may remember that I was supposed to go for a pre-Christmas trip last year but then my beloved aunt Shirley became ill and passed away.

I'm sorry about your Aunt :hug:

When: December 13th - December 16th, 2019
Where: Pop Century (great AP rate, also my first time at a value)
Why: Christmas + Disney = My two favourite things!

Congratulations! I am dying to go back for Christmas, even if it's just a couple days!

We took the launch over to the Contemporary and as we walking towards the pool I noticed two of my favourite characters just hanging out. I was delighted to see them and it was so fun to say hi!
IMG_4793.JPG

I love that! I hope they stick around.

I was thoroughly enjoying my champagne and you can now see what dress I picked at the Dress shop! The Dole Whip completely won me over......
IMG_4748.JPG

Perfect choice :thumbsup2
We thoroughly enjoyed our tea. The ambiance, service and food all combined to make a lovely afternoon. We headed over to the dock to catch the launch to Mk and then transfer to Wilderness Lodge. We couldn't have asked for a nicer way to spend the day.
IMG_4754.JPG
IMG_4755.JPG

Lovely pictures. I love your dress ::yes::

Wow! That's awesome! Pretty rare to have a character sighting around a resort like that!
We thoroughly enjoyed our tea. The ambiance, service and food all combined to make a lovely afternoon. We headed over to the dock to catch the launch to Mk and then transfer to Wilderness Lodge. We couldn't have asked for a nicer way to spend the day.
Looks like an incredibly relaxing and enjoyable afternoon!

Lovely dress choice and it went perfectly with an afternoon having tea at the Grand Floridian. :goodvibes I'm happy to hear the experience was enjoyable. How did you like the Berfordshire tea?

I'm sorry about your Aunt :hug:

Congratulations! I am dying to go back for Christmas, even if it's just a couple days!

I love that! I hope they stick around.

Perfect choice :thumbsup2

Lovely pictures. I love your dress ::yes::
Thanks so much, Kelly. It has been 10 months now since we lost her and I miss her every day. She was an amazing person. I am very excited for my Christmas trip....even though it is a short trip, I think it will be super fun! Thank you! The Dress Shoppe dresses are so fun and I find they are flattering for my body type too. :)
Joe and I have done this a couple of times and love it. I'm hoping to do tea at the Waldorf next...We shall see.
Ooooh! The Waldorf tea sounds awesome! Must check it out!
Wow! That's awesome! Pretty rare to have a character sighting around a resort like that!
Looks like an incredibly relaxing and enjoyable afternoon!
It was so fun and I just adore Chip and Dale! It really was a perfect afternoon. :)
Lovely dress choice and it went perfectly with an afternoon having tea at the Grand Floridian. :goodvibes I'm happy to hear the experience was enjoyable. How did you like the Berfordshire tea?
Thank you! We loved the tea...it was just the right amount of food too. I thought about upgrading to the tea with the fruit and cheese as well but am happy with the choice we made.

Quick December trip update!!

My FastPass day for my December trip was this past Monday and I am pretty happy with what I got. I have a 2 day one park per day ticket and a MVMCP ticket.

Saturday, December 14th @ Epcot
Spaceship Earth FP 9-10
Soarin FP 10:15 - 11:15
Living with the Land 11:25-12:25

I plan to be out of Future World by 11:45 at the latest and then head off to World Showcase for the Holiday Storytellers, Holiday Kitchens. my early dinner at Rose and Crown and the Candlelight Processional.

Sunday, December 15th @ MVMCP
Jungle (Jingle!) Cruise FP 3:25-4:25
BTMR FP 4:25-5:25
Haunted Mansion FP 5:25-6:00

Followed by general MVMCP shenanigans! Still debating if I should add the Fireworks dessert party or Tony's? What do you think?

Monday, December 16th @ Animal Kingdom
Kilamanjaro Safari FP 9:15-10:15
Animation Experience at Conservation Station FP 10:25-10:40
FoP FP 1:35-2:35

Probably having lunch at Satuli or Nomads.

Then I have to board the Tragical Depress to return to reality.

Looks like a nice itinerary and good FP+ for your park days!

I will have to live through your report since we won’t be going this Holiday season!!

I was delighted to see them and it was so fun to say hi!
IMG_4793.JPG
How fun to run into Chip and Dale at the boat dock. Wish Disney did more of these impromptu meets.

IMG_4748.JPG
Love it!!!!!!!! The perfect dress for tea.

The scone were lovely and fresh and came served with strawberry jam, lemon curd and clotted cream. It was my favourite part of the meal! There was also a jam tart to enjoy.
IMG_4752.JPG
Oh this looks so good. I'm 99% sure I've never had a proper scone and this looks divine. What a fun experience for you all.

I plan to be out of Future World by 11:45 at the latest and then head off to World Showcase for the Holiday Storytellers, Holiday Kitchens. my early dinner at Rose and Crown and the Candlelight Processional.
This is the whole reason I'd pick Epcot! Sounds like a perfect afternoon/evening!

Probably having lunch at Satuli or Nomads.
You know what my vote is for :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!