Congrats on not being sold separately! ~ a 20th anniversary trip report. New TR link 12/21

The Tony's add on for the party sounds like a good upgrade. I mean, yeah, it's a pricey addition, but you really don't see a lot of people complaining because they did it. It definitely gets much better reviews than a regular meal at Tony's!

The only way I can really afford Tony's is that I am there on my own. Solo trips are a great time to check things out and see if they would be a worthwhile expenditure for the whole family. If I had my DH and boys along for the ride, it would be $500+tax in USD just for the add on PLUS the cost of the party tickets. So we would be looking at over $1000 USD for a 5 hour event which is just not feasible especially with our exchange rate right now. I love my sweater and can't wait to get the ears! Are you doing the party this trip?

If I were going solo I would do more too. I'm taking DD to drop her off for DCP in January. It will just be the two of us and I'm thinking about doing something special just not sure yet.

We are going to the party but we're going on the 17th. So excited! Only 39 more sleeps until we arrive.

I was actually just reading some reviews from the Tony's party last year and people who have done that and the dessert party - during the party lol - said Tony's is way better and totally worth it :goodvibes

Adorable sweater!!! Your trip is getting close now!

I am so excited for this review!
I am excited to relive the whole experience through writing about it. :goodvibes
Love the Christmas jumper and excited to hear about Tony’s plus the upcoming birthday dinner :goodvibes
Thank you! I really liked the sweater too and thought it would be so cute for the party. Now I hope it will be cool enough to wear it!
The Tony's add on for the party sounds like a good upgrade. I mean, yeah, it's a pricey addition, but you really don't see a lot of people complaining because they did it. It definitely gets much better reviews than a regular meal at Tony's!
That's was pretty much how I felt. It's definitely worth trying and I think it'll be fun!
If I were going solo I would do more too. I'm taking DD to drop her off for DCP in January. It will just be the two of us and I'm thinking about doing something special just not sure yet.

We are going to the party but we're going on the 17th. So excited! Only 39 more sleeps until we arrive.
How exciting that your daughter is doing DCP! There seem to be quite a few after hours events in January.....maybe you will get to do one of those. I am also getting very excited for this trip, 36 sleeps and counting!
I was actually just reading some reviews from the Tony's party last year and people who have done that and the dessert party - during the party lol - said Tony's is way better and totally worth it :goodvibes

Adorable sweater!!! Your trip is getting close now!
That's great! I am so glad to hear a good review of the Tony's party, thank you! I love the sweater too, as soon as I saw it I knew I had to have it. 36 sleeps to go. :)

Celebrating Bill's birthday Disney Style!

We were up bright and early to head off to Magic Kingdom! Today we were finally going to get to experience Keys to the Kingdom and we were so excited! Our tour started at 9 am and we were there at about 8:40 am to check in. The tour was incredible....we learned so much about the 4 keys ~ show, courtesy, efficiency and safety. It was fascinating to learn how the 4 keys impacted every decision made every day across the parks. We toured Main Street USA, hearing all the details behind each storefront. Then we headed on to Jungle Cruise where we had the interesting experience of getting stuck and having to be towed back to the dock by another boat. Luckily we had an awesome skipper who ad libbed the whole adventure and kept us entertained. We then headed back stage to see how the parade floats are cared for and found out some back stage info on Splash Mountain. Coming back on stage, we headed to Pecos Bill's for lunch where Bill and I went for the Southwest chicken salad and loaded up at the fixings bar.
IMG_4794.JPG

We also received our Keys pin at lunch...I was so happy to add this to my collection.
IMG_4795.JPGIMG_4796.JPG

After lunch we headed off to ride Haunted Mansion and tour through Fantasyland. Did you know there is an entrance to the Utilidoors right by Friar's nook? That's where we headed next. What was we saw and learned was incredible and our heads were swimming by the end of the tour. If you have not had the chance to do "Keys to the Kingdom" yet, I highly, highly recommend it.

We headed back on the launch across beautiful Bay Lake as we wanted to rest up before our dinner at Victoria and Albert's that evening. I decided to see if I could go for a pedicure at Salon by the Springs and Bill opted for a nap. Soon we were dressed in our finest and ready to head over to the Grand for the meal of a lifetime
IMG_4817.JPG

We decided to splurge on a Minnie Van for our night put and loved the service. Our driver was amazing and we felt very well looked after.
IMG_0966.jpeg

Upon arriving at the Grand Floridian we walked through the lobby and stopped to listen to the orchestra for a minute. Would you believe they were playing the song for our first dance at our wedding ~ Love You Madly by Ella Fitzgerald
What a perfect, magical moment!

We were warmly greeted and welcomed back to the restaurant as we entered Victoria and Albert's. The Maitre D led us to a lovely table set to the side with a view of the harpist. Our menus for the evening were presented to us and were given the water and wine menus. We chose Badoit water from France and decided to go with the wine pairings suggested on our menu rather try to navigate their extensive wine listings. We had a team of three servers looking after us this evening......two experienced servers and a new cast member they were training. I can tell you the service was out of this world...never fussy but charming and attentive to our every need without being over the top. Two weeks before our dinner reservation, I had received an email to inquire of food preferences and allergies and our menus for the evening were personally customized based on that discussion. We were full of anticipation and excitement as we looked at our choices for the evening.

Our first course was an Amuse Bouche of Imperial Caviar with a summer melon terrine. This was paired with a Billecart-Salmon Brut Reserve NV champagne. I had never tasted caviar before and was a little apprehensive but it was absolutely delightful.
IMG_4798.JPG

Our next course was the delectable Black Label Jamon Iberico, Baby Tomatoes, served with a drop of 100 year old Balsamic. This was paired with a Matthiason White Blend, Napa 2015.

IMG_4802.JPG

Our first bread course was a traditional baguette served with unsalted butter. We had sea salt to add to the butter if we wished.

IMG_4799.JPGIMG_4801.JPG

Our third course was the Glacier 51 Tooth Fish which is sourced from an island near
Antarctica. This was served with Alaskan king crab and white asparagus in the most exquisite sauce I have ever tasted. The pairing here was a Domain Bois de Boursan, Chauteauneuf-du-Pape Blance, Rhone 2017.

IMG_4803.JPG

~ continued in next post ~

Today we were finally going to get to experience Keys to the Kingdom
Nice!!
we learned so much about the 4 keys ~ show, courtesy, efficiency and safety.
Ohhhh… I knew abut the 4... but not that they were called keys. Huh!
We toured Main Street USA, hearing all the details behind each storefront.
That right there, alone, would be worth it to me.
Then we headed on to Jungle Cruise where we had the interesting experience of getting stuck and having to be towed back to the dock by another boat.
Really! I guess you're skipper steered left when she had to steer right.

:rolleyes1
IMG_4794.JPG
wowza!
Did you know there is an entrance to the Utilidoors right by Friar's nook?
Nope!
Victoria and Albert's that evening.
Wonderful! (I did eventually figure out where you were going. ;))
Would you believe they were playing the song for our first dance at our wedding
OMG! Really??? What perfect timing!
I can tell you the service was out of this world...
It's such a fantastic meal. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Looking forward to seeing what else you had!

For our fourth course, we were presented with a chicken dish. It was the Poussin Ballotine with Ramp Gnocchi and house made ricotta. This was served with the Pulenta Estate Gran Malbec X, Mendoza 2014.
IMG_4804.JPG

Our fifth course was where our paths diverged. Bill went for the Lamb Loin with dates and Garbanzo bean croquette while I enjoyed the Loch Duart Salmon served with the same sides. The wine pairing here was a Jarvis Cabernet Franc, Napa 2013.

IMG_4805.JPG

Our third bread course was offered now...a truffle brioche served with truffle infused butter. It was heavenly!
IMG_4806.JPG

Somehow I managed not to take pictures of my meat course. I went for the Kurobota Pork with Bone Marrow Pain Perdu and Chanterelles while Bill opted for the Miyazaki Japanese Beef enhancement. Our pairing here was the Jayson Pahlymer Bordeaux Blend, Napa 2016.

Our cheese course was next and tonight's offering was a Mimolette with Red Apple compote. This was paired with a Famille Perrin Muscat Beaumes de Venise Blanc 2016.

IMG_4807.JPG

Our dessert paths verged in different directions as I went for the Peruvian Chocolate Souffle and Bill had the Bahibe banana torte. This was served with the gorgeous Sulawesi Island coffee, brewed tableside in the inverse vacuum pot. We were also offered a selection of chocolates which were boxed up for us to enjoy later.
IMG_4810.JPG

This was a sensational meal. Yes, it is expensive....very expensive. But with the ambiance, service and food quality, we felt it was worth every penny. We had a phenomenal evening and certainly celebrated 20 years together in an incredible way.

IMG_4811 (2).jpeg

Our third bread course was offered now...a truffle brioche served with truffle infused butter. It was heavenly!
I looooved the bread service!
coffee, brewed tableside in the inverse vacuum pot.
::yes:: I don't drink it myself, but I did see someone else get it... I thought it was so cool that I wished I did drink it!
This was a sensational meal. Yes, it is expensive....very expensive. But with the ambiance, service and food quality, we felt it was worth every penny.
:🇾🇪: Totally agree.
I'd do it again... I just have to save up a few more years! :laughing:
We had a phenomenal evening and certainly celebrated 20 years together in an incredible way.
And congratulations on celebrating 20 years... you certainly celebrated in style. :)

Ohhhh… I knew abut the 4... but not that they were called keys. Huh!
I didn't trealize that either.....so much interesting information!
That right there, alone, would be worth it to me.
Agreed!
OMG! Really??? What perfect timing!
I coul not have been more perfect and magical!
It's such a fantastic meal. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Looking forward to seeing what else you had!
It was our second time dining there (last time was in 2010) and we would we definitely go back. It is an experience like no other.

I didn't trealize that either.....so much interesting information!
I think I really need to do this. :)
I coul not have been more perfect and magical!
:goodvibes
It was our second time dining there (last time was in 2010) and we would we definitely go back. It is an experience like no other.
Yes it is. Just... wonderful!
I dream about that truffle brioche!
:laughing:
hank you, it was Bill's birthday that day as well. I warned him he is not getting a birthday dinner like that next year!
However... you could go for your birthday... :rolleyes:

Oh Susan what an amazing experience. From the Minnie Van to the Music to of course the food its like the night was literally made for the two of you. Perfect way to celebrate 20 years!!!

Oh Susan what an amazing experience. From the Minnie Van to the Music to of course the food its like the night was literally made for the two of you. Perfect way to celebrate 20 years!!!
Thanks Kari! It really was the most perfect night....we were thrilled!

Wow, that sounded like an incredible day! I think for Disney loving couples, you can't beat that for an anniversary celebration. Might have to run that day's itinerary by my husband for a potential anniversary down the road...:rolleyes1:laughing:

How amazing the orchestra was playing your first dance song in the GF lobby. That gave me goosebumps.

Your V&A dinner experience sounded incredible; the restaurant even makes the bread look and sound fancy! :rotfl:

It sure looked to be a very special day and evening. I loved the KtK tour, so much interesting things to see and learn about.

The dinner looks and sounds amazing, what a special way to celebrate your 20 year Anniversary. I love your outfit and purse so nice.

Wow, that sounded like an incredible day! I think for Disney loving couples, you can't beat that for an anniversary celebration. Might have to run that day's itinerary by my husband for a potential anniversary down the road...:rolleyes1:laughing:

How amazing the orchestra was playing your first dance song in the GF lobby. That gave me goosebumps.

Your V&A dinner experience sounded incredible; the restaurant even makes the bread look and sound fancy! :rotfl:
We really couldn't have asked for a more perfect day. :goodvibes When I heard our song playing, I turned to Bill and said "can you believe this?" It truly was magical.The great thing about V&A's is that it is not intimidating at all, they take such care to put you at ease and explain everything beautifully. You and Alex should definitely put it on your must do list!
It sure looked to be a very special day and evening. I loved the KtK tour, so much interesting things to see and learn about.

The dinner looks and sounds amazing, what a special way to celebrate your 20 year Anniversary. I love your outfit and purse so nice.
Thanks Caroline, it was so lovely. Like you, we really enjoyed KttK. I was happy to bring my Bambi Dooney out for the evening, it is one of my favourites. I found the dress a few months before our trip and was really happy with it. I was able to wear it again to a family wedding this fall too.

Would you believe they were playing the song for our first dance at our wedding
That's incredible! :lovestruc What a perfect way to begin your evening.

We had a phenomenal evening and certainly celebrated 20 years together in an incredible way.

IMG_4811 (2).jpeg
Gorgeous picture! And wow! What a meal. It looked and sounded absolutely delicious. So glad you had such a lovely anniversary :goodvibes

What a magical day! The tour sounds like it was lovely and the dinner looks out of this world! A fantastic treat for your 20th anniversary! And what luck to hear your wedding song being played as you walked into the GF!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter