Confused by Disney Rewards offer

disneybliss2

DIS Veteran
We applied the general public offer to our reservation when it was extended through 8/14. The offer was 30% off a mod. (we upgraded from Pop due to the discount). Anyway, the offer from March till June 3 is 30% off value, 35% off mod. etc. The extended offer on the Disney site shows 25% off value, 30% off mod. etc. It was extended but with 5% lower discount. Then I saw where Disney Visa card is offering 35% off a mod.--even better. I just called to receive that discount and knew I would have to also pay/book using my card. The cm I spoke w/ said I'm already getting a 35% discount. ?????? Did I just get lucky the first time and happen to receive the first offer open to the public of 35% instead of 30%, or does this cm have things incorrect? I don't know the rack rate for my resort or I could calculate it to see if it was 30 or 35%. I just want the better deal.

I don't know which moderate you chose or when you're going but you can check the room rates on the WDW site. Just make sure to choose the correct time of year for your visit.

We applied the general public offer to our reservation when it was extended through 8/14. The offer was 30% off a mod. (we upgraded from Pop due to the discount). Anyway, the offer from March till June 3 is 30% off value, 35% off mod. etc. The extended offer on the Disney site shows 25% off value, 30% off mod. etc. It was extended but with 5% lower discount. Then I saw where Disney Visa card is offering 35% off a mod.--even better. I just called to receive that discount and knew I would have to also pay/book using my card. The cm I spoke w/ said I'm already getting a 35% discount. ?????? Did I just get lucky the first time and happen to receive the first offer open to the public of 35% instead of 30%, or does this cm have things incorrect? I don't know the rack rate for my resort or I could calculate it to see if it was 30 or 35%. I just want the better deal.

You can get the actual price if you just book on the WDW site without going to the discount screens.

I'll do that to see the amount. Has anyone else incountered this situation when trying to apply the Disney Visa card offer?

The discount is the same as the GP discount no one has been able to get the extra 5%. I have call Disney and Visa reward, they cannot explain. There is thread already started. The title is ANyone else realize Disney Visa is SAME as general public code?

I found rack rates and calculated it. I am getting a better deal than I realized I was. If that's the case, I'm not concerned about pushing getting a better deal--I was already getting it and didn't realize it.

SUPER SORRY about starting a new thread on this same topic.

The public deal is 30% off the room but if you stay more than 5 nights you get 35% off the room instead.:woohoo:

It's listed on the special offers page on the Disney site.

If you use your Disney Visa rewards card you can get a 0% financing for 6 months.:thumbsup2

The public deal is 30% off the room but if you stay more than 5 nights you get 35% off the room instead.:woohoo:

It's listed on the special offers page on the Disney site.

If you use your Disney Visa rewards card you can get a 0% financing for 6 months.:thumbsup2

This is only true before 6/3. If you go after 6/3, the percents are different. I started a thread earlier on this as noted by another poster.There is an error either at disney or visa. AFTER 6/3 Deluxe rates post at 35% end of story. They don't care how long you stay for, all you get is 35% on general discount AT DELUXE. Per visa, they claim 40% if you stay 5 nights or more.I AM staying more and still I am only given 35% off. They say the codes are the same - they are not. I have a calculator and know how to use it. I am only getting 35% off...

They didn't lower the codes by 5%. They stopped offering an extra 5% for staying 5 or more nights. (I know effectively it is the same thing if you are staying 5 or more, but it may help to look at it that way.)

My experience, for the most part, Disney rewards discounts have only given a time advantage to card holders, with the exact same deal being offered to the general public a few days later. I just figured that in this case like before the deals were meant to be the exact same. If you compare booking on the disney site for 1 or 5 day after june 3, it will tell you you are using different codes, but your pricing is the same. 5 or more days still comes up using the same code as before June 3. This may well have led to some of the problems. I think this is a matter of sites not getting updated properly. however as always they have left themselves that opening of "most nights" so i doubt they truely fall into false advertising.

I'm in discussion with guest services about this right now (they're getting back to me). They also told me that "most nights" technically means until June 3rd. Then why even put that the offer goes until 8/14!! It clearly states that the 40/45 discount goes from 4/11-8/14/10. If they want to get "technical" about it - April til June 3rd is 54 days and June 4th til August 14th is 72 days. I know 5% is not much of of difference but now it's just the point of it!!! Has anyone ever spoken to a manager at guest services??

Even if that do not correct the site they need to inform the CM's instead of making them look foolish by insisting they are giving you the extra 5%. As a former math teacher when I got off the phone after giving the CM a math lesson all I could think of is another failure in our school system.

I agree. It's just amazing how they just go according to what their system says irregardless if it makes sense or not.

But....I have great news. Guest services called me back and they are honoring the 40% for deluxe (vs. the 35% GP discount). They said since the Visa site referenced this, they would honor it. I was truly amazed!!! :cool1:

Good for you, Chrismom!!! DH makes fun of me over hear griping about the 5% (we are on a split stay between YC and AKL so the net to me on the 5% would be 100.00). He told me he will pay me the 100 bucks if I quit complaining about it! NOT THE POINT I tell him. I think what annoys me the most is several of us have complained you would THINK they would update the website properly - either way.Nopt still shows 40%....Hello???????

I am on the phone (and have been for 34 minutes and counting). This is the second CM I have spoken to that says there is NO 40% discount offered with the QNY code that is listed. Does anyone know who in the world I need to talk to??? Is is clearly listed on the following website that there is a 40% discount!!!
http://disneyrewards.disney.go.com/offers/wdw25percentjan10.html

That would save me a total of $122.75 (enough for a great TS dinner).

I've never had trouble with the CMs being very helpful, but the two I have spoke with today are acting like it is major trouble for them to try and help me.

I am on the phone (and have been for 34 minutes and counting). This is the second CM I have spoken to that says there is NO 40% discount offered with the QNY code that is listed. Does anyone know who in the world I need to talk to??? Is is clearly listed on the following website that there is a 40% discount!!!
http://disneyrewards.disney.go.com/offers/wdw25percentjan10.html

That would save me a total of $122.75 (enough for a great TS dinner).

I've never had trouble with the CMs being very helpful, but the two I have spoke with today are acting like it is major trouble for them to try and help me.

This is the same problem I was having. The Visa website which clearly states the 40/45 discount (5 or more days) until 8/14/10 references the QNY code. This is the same discount code the general public is getting with the 35/40 discount. So, when the cm adds that to your reservation, it's only bringing up the 35/40 discount and they can not override it. I happened to get a very nice cm on the phone who actually asked me what website I was looking at and she brought it up. She then spoke to a guest services agent who told her that since it says "most nights" it doesn't count up to 8/14/10. I then asked to speak to a guest services agent and told her about the website. She said she would research it and get back to me. She did and said that they would honor it. It seems that Disney and the Disney Visa website have conflicting information. I was very surprised they honored it because at first it seemed like they were trying to get around it. I guess it all depends on who you speak to. I saved $300.00! Good luck!

I just ran the numbers using the Disney site special offers and they are only 30% off a Mod after the beginning of June. They definately need to get their act together with Visa since the Visa site clearly says 35% off but then they throw in those disclaimers about availability.:mad:

The gift card deal appears to be the same after June 3rd. It was close when we ran the numbers for our May trip so June and later would definately be better with the GC offer.

Chrismom - are you staying Club Level? When I initially inquired and started my initial thread last week I was told the Visa promo did not apply to the CL removes at YC. Don't know if that is true or not but I do know CL can be excluded from discounts. I would give another run at it, but before I cause a fuss wondered if you were staying CL....

Chrismom - are you staying Club Level? When I initially inquired and started my initial thread last week I was told the Visa promo did not apply to the CL removes at YC. Don't know if that is true or not but I do know CL can be excluded from discounts. I would give another run at it, but before I cause a fuss wondered if you were staying CL....

No, when I first booked my reservation, I had 1 week at BLT (1 bdroom villa) and 1 week at BC - standard. Right before they called me, I switched to Poly/BC - regular rooms, not CL. So, I ended up getting 40/40 instead of 45/40.

Maybe that is the difference then. When the CM runs the code under the general public he agrees 35%. When he runs it under the disney visa code, he agrees 35% however cannot get me a room under that visa code. He says it is because Club Level....Ok now I feel better!!! :) I couldn't have gotten the 5% anyway!!!Maybe if I changed resorts but for my date YC CL only was available under general public code....

A footnote to this discussion I just went to the Visa Rewards site and the extension into August has been removed. On the Visa site it list the promotion until June 3rd. As least they have removed the false information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter