Confused about transportation

LuluLovesDisney

<font color=red>If you're not outraged, you're not
Hello! :flower:
I have a Disney Land and Sea Cruise booked for Dec. 26 '05 to Jan 2 '05. We used the Disney inclusive airfare, then found out that we could arrive late the first day and effectively lose our first day at Disney. We decided we would extend our trip by 1 day by travelling on Dec 25. We found that travelling on the 25th would also greatly lower our airfare costs. I'd like to cancel the airfare portion of the trip but I would like to know how that will affect my transportation situation. I heard it might be better to not use the Disney bus since I'm staying at the Poly and that's the last stop. I am so confused about all this! I know I can shuttle to Disney on Mears but what about going from Disney to Port Canaveral? Will I need to rent a car? Can I get a one way rental? Would a limo be feasible? Also, what about luggage? How would Disney take care of my luggage? :confused3
Anyway, in summary- Land and Sea Cruise, staying at the Poly. What would you do about airfare, transportation to Disney and to Port Canaveral? THANKS!
Aloha,
Lulu :flower:

Disney has a new service starting called "Magical Express" that may work for you. I would definately cancel your air with DCL and book your own flight the day before. I believe as long as you are staying at a WDW hotel they will transport you from the airport to WDW for free. Not sure how that works when you are part of the land/sea package, but call WDW and ask.

You can still buy one-way transfers from WDW to the ship....that is no problem....just tell DCL you don't need the round trip transfers.

Here is a link to some information on Disney's Magical Express....

http://disneymeetings.disney.go.com/dwm/services/detail?name=DMEAttendeesFAQDetailPage

Worse comes to worse, if they don't let you that service with a land/sea pkg...... you could also cancel your WDW portion of the L/S and book it separately from your cruise. Sometimes that comes out cheaper!

Yes, you can still book the transfers and not the airfare. Basically, anyone gets free transportation to the park from the airport when they are staying at the resort. Your bags will be taken to your room.

If you do have DCL transfers, they will pick your bags up at the resort at 8:00 AM and you won't see them again until you are on the ship. That is a big plus. However, you will typically get to the ship between 12:30 and 1:30 which is a minus (however, you can go to the parks in the AM).

I thought that the Polo was one of the earlier stops - leaving around 11:30 AM. I believe that the expense resorts are first and the cheaper ones are later (but all leave by 12:30).

Have a great vacation!!!

I'm traveling in May and I booked my airfare seperate from my land and sea vacation...I was unsure of whether or not I could book Disney transfers without booking disney air so I called and the CM explained that it is not a problem to book that way but what you must do is call DCL with the flight information no less then three weeks before your vacation...simple as that!!! So go ahead and find your self cheaper/earlier/more convenient plane tickets :flower:

If you have any questions feel free to ask

We are doing land/sea in June. I booked my own air. We are arriving about 10:00am so we will have most of the day at a park. If you don't book your own air you don't find out your flight times until right before your trip and will probably arrive late in the day. I went ahead and did use Disney transfer (Mears) from the airport to the resort. Because we want to get to the port early and don't know what time the Disney transfer goes from our resort, we went ahead and booked a towncar for that leg of the trip. This is also through Mears and only costs $50 extra (not including tip). When we go from the port to the airport we are using regular Disny transfers again. Disney and our travel agent took care of everything. Hope this helps.

Thanks for all the help guys. I'm going to book the flight and call DCL and see what they can do. :flower:

We were planning on using transfers and through the threads found out it was cheaper to rent a car. Transfers for 2 adults and 2 children between the airport, park and cruise and back to the airport through disney transfers was $194. We rented a car through budget ( 3 one day rentals for $120). If you are looking to save money this might be an option and on your time frame.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter