Confused about Contemporary views

Abra Cat

DIS Veteran
Can anyone tell me what buildings the various CR views are in? I see they're listed as standard view, garden view, garden wing, and tower (the ones in MY budget, anyway). Is "tower" the only one in the main building, or are there standard view rooms there, too? In other words, can I request a standard view room in the main building? Also, what's the difference between "garden view" and "garden wing?" :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 Thanks in advance!

Thanks, cobbler. I had looked at that FAQ sheet already, and somehow I missed the paragraph about where the rooms are located the first hundred or so times I read it... :rolleyes1 :blush: Do you know though, whether the parking lot/MK views are considered standard views?

cobbler said:
Tower is the main bldg. Then they have that broken down to MK view and Bay Lake view.

Not sure about the wings.

Here is an FAQ sheet from Deb's site
http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/faq_con.htm

And a pic of the resort map
http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/contmap.jpg

I haven't stayed there yet so my knowledge is limited. But I do know that there is a seperate price tier if you want an MK view in the Tower. I think it is $50 more per night then a Bay Lake view.

Abra Cat said:
Thanks, cobbler. I had looked at that FAQ sheet already, and somehow I missed the paragraph about where the rooms are located the first hundred or so times I read it... :rolleyes1 :blush: Do you know though, whether the parking lot/MK views are considered standard views?

I have had the standard rooms twice and both faced the parking lot. Both times were in the South Wing, so we watched the monorail go in and out of the main building. Standard rooms are all located in the wings. The wings are the only place to find the "cheap" seats, which is all we wanted to pay when staying there.

Were you happy in the garden wing?

n2mm said:
I have had the standard rooms twice and both faced the parking lot. Both times were in the South Wing, so we watched the monorail go in and out of the main building. Standard rooms are all located in the wings. The wings are the only place to find the "cheap" seats, which is all we wanted to pay when staying there.

Also, another question (sorry!)-- I see that there is no laundry room in the tower building. Is it a long trek to the garden building laundry rooms? I don't much like the thought of lugging my bag of dirty laundry through the lobby and across the resort!

We stayed in the North Garden Wing for 7 nights in May 2004. It was DW, DS (5) and DD (5). We enjoyed it very much. We are staying in a wing again this year (4/23-4/30). We were on the first floor about 2/3 of the way down the wing. Our view was of the lake. It was the standard view room.

The walk to the food court and monorail weren't bad. The monorail worked out great. We watched the fireworks from the 4th floor roof one night but it was crowded. We watched from the parking lot after that.

The only issue we had was on the first night it sounded like people were warming up for some foot stomping music at Hoop-Dee-Doo Review or were having sack races up and down the hallway above us. It was quite loud and went on rather late. We called the front desk and they checked on it. It stopped but it started again the next night. Had to repeat the call. After that it wasn't a problem.

Abra Cat said:
Also, another question (sorry!)-- I see that there is no laundry room in the tower building. Is it a long trek to the garden building laundry rooms? I don't much like the thought of lugging my bag of dirty laundry through the lobby and across the resort!

I like the CR, but I'm the only one in the family that does. My first visit there went well, but it took 3 different rooms before they could find us one that didn't wreak of smoke. It all worked out in the end. The second trip was a diaster--sort of everything went wrong. There is a laundry room in the South Wing that was seldom busy. We now belong to the DVC, so will be watching for a DVC to be built at the CR--which has been rumored for a long time. I love being able to walk to MK, that is the draw for me to the CR. Not really the resort.

Abra Cat said:

We always have the resort do our laundry so I don't have to go through all of that on vacation. I do enough laundry at home. ;)

DVC Sadie said:
We always have the resort do our laundry so I don't have to go through all of that on vacation. I do enough laundry at home. ;)

OT-How much does the CR charge to do laundry...do you remember? Was it by the piece or by the pound? I was thinking about this just today because it would lighten our suitcase load if we could have some of our clothing laundered while at the hotel but I don't want to waste time doing laundry on my vacation. Do you remember the price being reasonable or very pricey?

Laundry sent out at WDW is very expensive. I still do it every trip. Our first trip I didn't even know the GF had a laundry room. Now I know where it is but each building only has two washers and dryers. I think we spent about $200 a week on laundry. I'm hoping POR has more washers and dryers than GF!

DisneyMomx7 said:
Laundry sent out at WDW is very expensive. I still do it every trip. Our first trip I didn't even know the GF had a laundry room. Now I know where it is but each building only has two washers and dryers. I think we spent about $200 a week on laundry. I'm hoping POR has more washers and dryers than GF!
Wow. I was thinking about it, but man, I just can't bring myself to pay that much to do a couple of loads of laundry. Guess I better pack some laundry soap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter