Confirmation gift for 14 year old young man?

mominwestlake

DIS Veteran
My dh is a Confirmation Sponsor to a 14 year old young man in our parish. He wants to get him a gift but we are stuck as to what. He'd like to give him money plus a small gift. Any ideas? The young man is interested in reading and science. I don't think he is interested in music or sports.

My 14 year old was just Confirmed last Wednesday! Here's one of the things I got him:

http://www.catholicposters.com/shop/product.php?prodId=747&cat=32+33+47+

It is perfect for Confirmation! Matter of fact, I got one for him in red and one for his sponsor in black.

I've done business with them for years...great service!

In case the link doesn't work, go to catholictothemax.com, go to the clothing link and pull down to Catholic t-shirts. It's near the bottom of the page.

Congrats to your husband and his candidate!

For my kids Communions, I've gotten them medals on chains with the Saint they're named after.

The tee shirt is something my son wouldn't wear. But I suppose some kids might?

On a book idea- what about a book that your DH really enjoys. So that he is sharing his intersts with the candidate?
I think a medal is also a nice idea.

How about a gift card for his local movie theater so he can treat a friend to a movie and some snacks? Maybe a gift card for Barnes & Noble, or whichever chain bookseller is nearby? Is there a local science museum? They may be having a great exhibit he's interested in. :thumbsup2

Wow, they're confirming early these days. Back in my day, most had to be 16 or so. I remember when they started confirming 15-yr olds, which was considered young. I would do some sort of a gift card- 14 is a pretty tricky age as far as gifts go. Particularly, for a young man. I got my 14 yr old, male cousin some iTunes gift cards and T. Bell ones for Christmas last year. I just didn't know what else to get.

When I had my Confirmation, I (and most of the kids in my class) received either a gold ring or a gold chain w/a saint medal or a cross.

We had our confirmation in 7th grade --- we were all about about 13 years old. This was 30+ years ago, so I'm not sure about the age now that they do it.

We did a share of Disney stock from oneshare.com. With the code mousesavers you can save $10 off the price. :thumbsup2

There are other companies to pick from. AIG would be a great one since they used to be a 1k stock are are sitting around 40 now (and creeping up every day), or something like Coka-Cola, or another company that the child may think it's "cool" to own a piece of.

The service fee is up there though at $39 (plus the share price) but for a special gift (and something memorable) we thought it was well worth it!

My DS14's favorite Confirmation gift was a watch with all kinds of different features on it...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter