Concierge - room & luggage delivery?

vtwep

DIS Veteran
Hi - are the concierge rooms typically fairly early? And will luggage be delivered fairly quickly? Is there a "standard" experience with this?

We always arrive at the Port at 11:00 and are one of the first to board the ship. Our concierge room has been ready when we get to the lounge every time. There is a "check in" process in the concierge lounge that you need to go though before going to the room. That takes about 30 - 45 minutes but there are free drinks/food while you're there. Luggage started showing up early afternoon. There was one bag that took longer than the other 3.

We've done concierge on Dream twice. If I recall correctly...both times we boarded as rooms opened anyway.

Neither time did we get luggage any earlier than the two non concierge times we sailed Dream.

In our experience, the luggage is not handled differently for Concierge guests. On our last cruise, we received it after the muster drill. It had been picked up in our room at the Hyatt. As for the rooms being ready, they usually are ready before 1:30 but not when group 1 gets aboard. As stated, you have time to meet the hosts in the lounge for your initial briefing or to grab lunch before getting access to the room.

Luggage doesn't get there quickly, but the room has always been ready for us. We'll be boarding after 12 in a couple of weeks just to miss the insanity that is the Concierge Lounge upon first boarding. We're going to go straight to our room, put our bags away and then hit the lounge after everybody else has gone to lunch.

The rooms have been ready after boarding and lounge check-in. We like to get there early and board with the first few families. A nice feature of the service as you don't have to lug a piece of luggage around, can get settled, change clothes, etc., and enjoy the first few hours stress free.

Luggage came later.

we were the first to board on our dream cruise, went straight to the concierge lounge..
since we wanted to eat lunch and the rooms weren't ready yet, we left our carry on luggage in the concierge lounge and headed for lunch.
After lunch we picked up our carry ons and went to our room.
i don't recall when we got our luggage....

We had a slightly different experience last August. We boarded early, enjoyed the concierge lounge for about 45 minutes with delightful snacks and beverages, and found our luggage waiting for us in our room. I think it's just luck. It was our first time sailing concierge with Gold status, and, if I could justify the 5-figure price tag, would be doing it again for our Christmas cruise this year. Alas, with a kiddo in college and a school salary...

Thanks everyone! This definitely gives me a better idea of what to expect. Appreciate it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter