Concierge Responsibilities...

cinmell

DIS Veteran
I'm sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, but aside from assisting with PS and providing continental breakfast, snacks, etc., what exactly are the responsibilities of a concierge? We've stayed in tower club at CR and really didn't use them for PS or anything else other than some drinks in the morning and in the afternoon. We were thinking of switching our GF LV to concierge but have heard so many bad reports. Is this service worth the extra money? What is reasonable to expect the concierge to assist with?

This is something I would be interested in also. We will be going in May 2003 and are considering concierge. I just want to get an idea of what I should expect for the extra $$$ each day.

Thanks

This is from Disney's website regarding concierge service at the GF:

Concierge Service
Some rooms offer concierge service at the Royal Palm Club and Sugar Loaf, which includes personalized front desk and guest services. Make-up mirror, turndown service, and lounge with continental breakfast, midday snacks and afternoon tea are provided by both Concierge levels. Sugar Loaf also provides a Twilight Refresher in the evening. Wine, cordials and dessert are served at the Royal Palm Club only

at AKL:

Concierge Service
Some rooms offer concierge service which includes curbside check-in, robes, make-up mirror, turndown service, and lounge with continental breakfast, midday snacks, evening beverages, wine and hors d'oeuvres.

at Poly:

Concierge Service

Some rooms offer concierge service, which includes personalized front desk and guest services, robes, phone in bath area, data port on phone, coffeemaker (upon request), pantry service (upon request), turndown service, and lounge with continental breakfast, midday snacks, evening hors d'oeuvres, and evening cordials and dessert.

at Contemporary:

Concierge Service
Some rooms offer concierge service which includes personalized front desk and guest services, turndown service, refrigerator, coffeemaker, and lounge with continental breakfast, midday snacks, evening wine and cheese, and evening cordials and dessert. The Tower Club offers limited concierge service, continental breakfast, midday snacks, and refrigerator (upon request).

at YC:

Concierge Service
Some rooms offer concierge service at the Regatta Club, which includes personalized front desk and guest services, robes, make-up mirror, turndown service, and lounge with continental breakfast, midday snacks, evening wine and cheese, and evening cordials and dessert.

at BWI:

Concierge Service
Some rooms offer concierge service at the Innkeepers Club, which includes personalized front desk and guest services, turndown service, and lounge with continental breakfast, midday snacks, evening wine and cheese, and evening cordials and dessert.

Interesting how all of these are different, but they all start off with "personalized front desk and guest services".
IMHO, I identify a concierge as a red tape cutter who has a rolodex full of contacts and can pull a rabbit out of a hat. Priority seating reservations should be a snap; special requests that don't cost the hotel anything (like extra bathrobes & slippers, calling around for a lost item, moving a reservation to another hotel, etc.) should be granted without batting an eyelash, particularly when the hotel is charging a much higher rate for this room type than they are for a standard room. Hope this helps!

The concept stems from a perk that frequent guests at major hotel chains get. A special lounge with drinks. A person in that lounge to take care of dining or recreation arrangements. Most of the time these services are provided if you are a business traveler and have accumulated so many points with the hotel. Disney (being Disney) said "Hey...we could sell this to people!"

If you take advantage of the food available to you it is worth it. Some resorts have adults only floor which is a great selling point. The concierges can make reservations for you, but I always seem to make them myself.

We like the separate floor concept and the lounge. We figured we're saving a little money when we go this route.

Thank you so much for your replies. I guess the only thing I need to decide on is how much time we will actually be spending at the resort. We typically go pretty much all day, and I don't know if we would be able to take advantage of a lot of the food. It does sound like it would be worth while if I can work out a good schedule for our days.

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter