Concierge level at Grand California?

jsgrant5

Mouseketeer
I have a friend who called me last night saying she has 260 points that expire on 11/30. (of course our next trip is planned for 12/10). Trying to figure out if I can swing a quick trip to use her points. Wondering how many more points it takes to upgrade to concierge? And that is assuming we could even book a room as I am sure they are all full

The Villas at the Grand Californian - the DVC units - cannot "upgrade" to Club Level.

Owners of qualified points can book the hotel side of Grand Californian on points, including the Club Level. For December, that starts at 92 points per night on a weekday, and is 109 points per night on a weekend. Even in Super Value Season, Club Level starts at 73 points per night.

Subject to availability, and if the points are qualified - if they are not direct points, they aren't.

https://secure.cdn1.wdpromedia.com/...esort-hotels/2018-DLR-Pt-Cht-FINAL-071217.pdf

Yeah, I agree. You can check for it, but at this point you are almost certain to NOT find DVC Villa availability at VGC. On the other hand, IF THEIR CONTRACT WAS PURCHASED DIRECT FROM DISNEY, then there is an EXCELLENT chance that you can use DVC points to stay in a regular hotel room at Grand Californian. The points to use it for a hotel room (in the Disney Collection) are very high. but the trade off is that it actually works. Disney is always happy to suck up your points. Here is a picture from our hotel room balcony. This was a prime HOTEL location, which I paid for with points. It was NOT a DVC Villa. This is the Brisa Courtyard, and I swear that Monorail was 20 feet away. It ran through the building right next to our room.

Brisa Monorail small.jpg

Attachments

• Brisa Monorail small.jpg
    Brisa Monorail small.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter