Concierge Extra's

They can book excursions and make reservations for you. I have had concierge service both times on the cruise but I didn't really use the service of them because I did everything myself before we went on the cruise. I know there is a lot more they do but I am the type that has to have everything done before my trip...haha

separate check in line at port
separate seating area in port
board after family of day
private reception with food upon boarding
private reception one night (with character greeting)
shower gel
solar aloe
robes and slippers (not to keep)
DVD player list of DVD's to watch
popcorn with DVD's
daily plate of goodies
lithograph
ability to have room from main dining rooms delivered
continental breakfast in room on last morning
priority tendering
I'm sure I've forgotten somethings.

Oh yes on the last cruise we rented a dvd and popcorn came with it. We really liked it.

I forgot soda/water. They would stock the fridge daily with whatever we wanted. They brought a case of water the first day!

We took a port upgrade to a suite, so we weren't able to take advantage of any of the services ahead of time, but I understand they are there for you from the time of booking.

But we took full advantage of them once onboard. Other than a Palo reservation, we had not made any reservations from home because we had literally been too busy to sit down and decide ahead of time. Once onboard and in full vacation mode, we were ready to make decisions. The concierge staff took care of everything for us -- booked our excursions, made ressies for martini tasting and tea with the Mad Hatter. All tickets "arrived" in our room, so no need to stand in line, pick them up, etc.

Of course, for us the biggest perk was when we were stuck the extra day in CC... we did not need to stand in line for phone calls to change our travel plans -- the concierge staff took care of that for us. After seeing how long some folks stood in line and all of the miscommunications going on that day with the cruise staff, hubby and I guessed that that alone was worth the price to upgrade. :rolleyes:

Overall, I would book a suite again in a heartbeat if I could afford it. Never thought we were the types to be impressed or get excited about that kind of service, but it turned out that we really liked it. :cool1:

In addition to the other things mentioned, we also got video arcade cards for all of the kids we were sailing with, even those not in our room.

And after we got home, we received a nice note from the concierge along with some free 8x10 photos they found of us. That was a nice surprise!

I haven't read through all the responses but we got the special goodies each night, arcade cards delivered twice. The amounts appeared to be different each time with 2 cards per kid at 10 minutes each the first time and 2 cards per kid with 30 minutes on each card the second time. The nice suprise was the lithograph (SP?) that we received on our last night that is actually numbered and done by a well known disney artist, I loved that we had priority on getting off the ship at ports. This was helpful in GC when we needed to get to our off ship vendor for our stingray city excursion. Also during the the 8 night extended cruise, our concierge immediately took care of changing our rental car that we had and would have changed our hotel/airfare had needed assistance with that. We also learned details before the CD made the announcements as to what was going on during that delay. It was nice but not sure it's worth the $4,000 price difference from the cat. 4 when you have 5 people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter