Concierge Dream boarding question

jegsnakkernorsk

long time lurker
I understand Concierge get to board early-on in the boarding process.

Are concierge rooms available when you board?

Is the concierge lounge open?

What should we plan to do when we first board?

We went to lunch at CABANAS first then went to the lounge. One of our rooms was ready and other was not. (this was before the 1:30 designated time) We then sat with the concierge and went over our excursions and he tried to accommodate us on reservations (some worked, some didn't) Had a few more snacks and then rooms were all ready. very seamless. personally, I think the Cabanas for lunch first was a wise move, as the lounge does not have a lunch per se, and to go to Cabanas after the lounge (opposite ends of the ship) would put you right in the middle of huge lines of people.

Ppiew: what time did you go board the ship / get to Cabanas for lunch? Was it ok having your day bags with you or did you drop them off at the concierge lounge first?

We went to lunch at CABANAS first then went to the lounge. personally, I think the Cabanas for lunch first was a wise move, as the lounge does not have a lunch per se, and to go to Cabanas after the lounge (opposite ends of the ship) would put you right in the middle of huge lines of people.
Thank you so much for the tip!

Ppiew: what time did you go board the ship / get to Cabanas for lunch? Was it ok having your day bags with you or did you drop them off at the concierge lounge first?
Good questions...

I cruised concierge level in January. I was the first person to board after the B2Bs and the Family of the Day (11:30 or so). I went straight to the lounge, spoke to the concierges, had a snack, left my bags and went exploring. My room was ready long before my bag got there, but the concierges had delivered my carry-on, so I was happy.

I cruised concierge level in January. I was the first person to board after the B2Bs and the Family of the Day (11:30 or so). I went straight to the lounge, spoke to the concierges, had a snack, left my bags and went exploring. My room was ready long before my bag got there, but the concierges had delivered my carry-on, so I was happy.
Nice!

When we sailed concierge on the Dream back in September 2011, we were in the first group to board. We went directly to the concierge lounge and met the staff, booked our Palo/Remy, had some champagne and left our carry on bags behind their desk.

Then we went to Cabanas for lunch - it was only just starting to fill up.

Then we went back to the concierge lounge for another glass of champagne. Our room was ready by about 1:15 so we moved our carry ons into the room and went off to explore the ship (it was our first time on the Dream).

There is not a "meal" served in the lounge, but you could certainly eat enough to be full and just skip Cabanas. Since it was our first trip on the Dream, we wanted to check out the buffet. Our next trip is in April and we may skip the buffet and just hang in the lounge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter