concierge bedding

dbanzai

DIS Veteran
For our next trip, we're planning to go concierge at GC. We will be likely 3 but nobody is likely to be willing to share a bed. In trying to book via DVC, we were told there are no concierge suites or rooms with three beds and no day beds available. The woman did say there may be sleeping bags available but nothing else.

Now this weekend we stayed at the DLH and had a nice couch in the room. One that my traveling buddy said he could sleep on no problem. The DVC woman said there weren't any such couches in the room. Is this true or are we likely to have a sofa?

I can't answer the couch question. But I do know one of the room options is a queen-sized bed and bunk beds. So that might sleep 3 depending on how big the bunk beds are? :confused3

The bunk beds are designed for children, and might be okay for someone about 5' tall. That's probably not a viable option for adults.

Even if you can find a room with a sofa bed at GCH (and I have no idea if they exist or not) you would probably have the configuration of a sofa and a king bed, not a sofa and two queens. However, to be absolutely sure, perhaps you should call the GCH front desk.

Just be aware that room types are 'requests' and not guaranteed.

They did mention bunk beds, but the youngest of us is 31 at this point.

They do have sofa beds in rooms w/ queen beds, but I was refering to a regular, unfolding sofa. It was long enough and wide enough that one of us could sleep comfortably... And that was after my tall buddy tried it out.

We just stayed at the GCH earlier this month on the concierge level. It was me, DH and our two DDs, 8 and 4 yeas old. Our room had two queen beds and a daybed/couch which housekeeping makes into a bed each night with the turn-down service.

I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure that the 2 queens and a dybed type rooms are only available with a standard view facing the valet parking area with the DLH in the distance.

Have a great time!

Jennifer

Jennifer is correct. The 2Q and day bed is only in a standard view, but they are on the 6th floor. Also, there are suites that have 2 queen beds and a pull out sofa in the living room so that 3 adults could sleep. But if that is the route you are going, it might be cheaper to just get 2 connecting rooms, then everyone will have a bed.

Once the choice is made ... be SURE to call the hotel and have them note your request on the reservation and advise that it is 3 adults that all need their own bed. I would suggest calling Vacation Planning (714-300-PLAN) and then make your priority seating, etc at the same time. Free service to DLR hotel guests.

Jennifer is correct. The 2Q and day bed is only in a standard view, but they are on the 6th floor.

We have always gotten that room configuration with the 2 queens and a daybed. The concierge rooms are only on the 6th floor but I think that all or most of the rooms directly above the check-in desk are that type and on all the floors.

Have fun!

Jennifer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter