concert ticket for infant

surfergirl602

<font color=deeppink>Well you're one step ahead of
I'm looking for american idol live tickets... It never occured to me whether or not I can hold our 12 month old on my lap or not. Do I have to buy a seat for her? Anyone know where I can find out this information?

Thanks!

Contact the concert venue - they may even have this policy posted on their website.

i dont know but maybe you can check with ticketmaster? they must have some sort of faq:confused3 :confused3 but i must say that a concert is super loud. are you sure its a good idea to take a 12 month old to a loud show? not sure i'd be too thrilled to have a baby next to me at a concert. no flames or attacks from me....just sayin

You have to check with the venue....at the one near me, 12 months and older needs a separate ticket. But I would not bring an infant to the AI concert, it is EXTREMELY loud. When we went 2 years ago, we were in the 4th row from the top of the Hartford Civic center and my head was throbbing for two days afterwards. Last year we were in a lower level and the noise level was even worse.

I would not bring an infant to the AI concert, it is EXTREMELY loud. When we went 2 years ago, we were in the 4th row from the top of the Hartford Civic center and my head was throbbing for two days afterwards. Last year we were in a lower level and the noise level was even worse.

I agree. We went last year and my then five year old twins and three year old sat with their hands over their ears the whole time. They want to go again this year, but have asked if I would bring the "fireworks earplugs"! I am not sure why this concert seemed much louder than others I have been to.

Usually it varies on the venue for how old the child need to be to have their own ticket.

Much too loud for a child's ears! She'd probably end up crying and you would have to take her out anyway, that's a long time for a 12 mo old to sit on your lap.

I saw a Mom at a concert last year with an approx. 12 month old baby. I was sort of shocked, but then saw her put some big headphones on the baby. They looked like they were made for a baby, and they were big, (reminded me of the kind I had in high school 30+ years ago).

The mom was with someone who was photographing the band, it seemed, so maybe she takes this baby to concerts alot, who knows. At least she protected his ears, but she left at the intermission anyway. :confused3

I would get a baby sitter. I've taken my kids to lots of events as babies (inlcuding Cirque do Soleil) but I would not consider a concert. As others said it is much too loud.

I would want my baby scared by the scream David Archuletta fans!!:lmao:

i dont know but maybe you can check with ticketmaster? they must have some sort of faq:confused3 :confused3 but i must say that a concert is super loud. are you sure its a good idea to take a 12 month old to a loud show? not sure i'd be too thrilled to have a baby next to me at a concert. no flames or attacks from me....just sayin

ITA- A concert is very loud. Use the price of her ticket to pay a babysitter. I know that most venues do not allow a lap child because they would prefer children were not brought unless they are old enough to enjoy it.

I've actually never been to a concert with a baby anywhere near me and I've been to a lot of concerts.

Also, no offense...but I don't want to be the "lucky" one who sits in front of your family. I've paid a lot of money too to see the concert without a fussy baby behind me.

A rock concert is definitely not a place for infants. Be considerate to the baby and your fellow concert-goers, get a babysitter.

I also concure that a concert is no place for an infant.

I think you need a ticket for the baby, but I would call the venue to check. I believe I had to figure this out once when DD was a baby, and we needed a seat (ice show or circus, can't remember which one). I'm pretty sure the policy at these events is that everyone must have a ticket to enter.

the main reason you would need a ticket for an infant (or other small child) is that they have occupancy rates. each person must be accounted for and that is done by ticket sales
( I know this is mostly for smaller venues , but I bet the larger ones also need to know who is in their building)

yes, please find a sitter, your baby cannot tell you if the sound is hurting their ears & if they don't like it you may end up in a lobby somewhere & miss the concert.

At my college football statidum if the baby is out of the womb, it needs a ticket LOL!

Dude, if you seriously bring an infant to a concert and sit down next to me I will ABSOLUTELY freakin' raise hell.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Concerts are not for infants, the decible levels are way too high.

And I didn't pay a ton of money for a ticket so I can listen to a screaming pooping wriggling baby next to me :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Unless it's David Archuletta.:lmao:

Dude, if you seriously bring an infant to a concert and sit down next to me I will ABSOLUTELY freakin' raise hell.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Concerts are not for infants, the decible levels are way too high.

And I didn't pay a ton of money for a ticket so I can listen to a screaming pooping wriggling baby next to me :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Unless it's David Archuletta.:lmao:

HAHAHA Just had to say that....I agree....been to two AI concerts and no way is it a place for a baby....The only consolation in being NEXT to a baby at one of these is I seriously DOUBT you would hear the poor thing crying...it is that loud.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter