Compromise is a Disney word: Taking one for the team over Thanksgiving 2016* August PTR link! 5/28

Who did you meeeet???? That was a cliffhanger!! I am determined to find character training someday.

Three Kings is one of the main kiosks I wanted to visit, but we only ended up with a couple Caramel Kiss drinks from Germany and a Fire Nog that didn't even taste like it had liquor in it :sad::charac2:
I did not plan well for holiday kiosk food at all in December!

The costume on the Moroccan storyteller is gorgeous!

I'm so glad you got to see VoL in their Dickensian costumes. They're so beautiful.

Off topic...I'm officially flying solo in May! MIL decided she would rather us just give her money for Scotland instead. We told her we had to know tonight, because I make fast passes in the morning! I have so many thoughts...I don't think I can avoid starting a PTR for much longer.

I look forward to reading about the various options at the Holidays around the world - despite being there in December I didn't partake in them.

The CM said she wouldn't make it weird that they were playing a couple in love but um..........it was weird.

LOL That's strange, too bad she didn't just grab someone from the audience regardless.

I know, I know, shameful they've been so many times and have never heard them! Honestly Steve and I only heard them for the first time in Aug. and I couldn't believe I'd waited so long.

Yeah, Aria has never seen them either. Actually I'm not sure if I have. Not really my thing. But it reminded me of a thread I read last week where someone was planning her solo trip and intended to watch the show 9 times over 2 days of EPCOT touring. She said it's her favorite thing at Disney.

Omg I'm so anxious to hear who you met! We've yet to stumble across any character training.

I love Voices of Liberty, and this is a really nice picture...but it made me laugh...
IMG_4877_zpsce9kbssv.jpg
...at the girl sitting on the floor who looks like she's covering her ears! :P I mean, maybe she's just making a fishy face, or maybe she has sensory issues with sound or something...but it looks like she really doesn't want to be listening to them!

Yay another update...I really would like to see the Storytellers again. That's my main reason for my HOPEFULLY December 2017 trip. I also want to see the Candlelight Processional again.

I'll have to remember this "secret" character location for future trips.

I've had the Gray Goose Slushie once before...and I do recall it being good...so that might be in order for our May trip, especially since we are staying so close to EPCOT. I think that park will get more of our love for this May trip than it has in a while. Back in November we didn't even get to the World Showcase are much at all, other than Frozen ride and the Mexico pavilion (and I didn't even get a drink there either).

Following along!

Btw Josh has the same Lion King shirt as Ricky :laughing: I bought it for him and when we went to the park it seemed like every single guy in the park was also wearing it.

I have this shirt and wore it in November when we were there. I stopped counting at 28 other guys wearing it that day. A cast member passed by me and said "hey, cool shirt" first thing in the morning. By lunch time I realized he was trolling me....lol!

I have this shirt and wore it in November when we were there. I stopped counting at 28 other guys wearing it that day. A cast member passed by me and said "hey, cool shirt" first thing in the morning. By lunch time I realized he was trolling me....lol!
That would be a good game counting the people wearing that shirt :rotfl:

Josh will not wear it at all anymore! It ended up my pjs :laughing:

She needed volunteers from the audience to play a couple getting married, but the only ones who volunteered were a mom and her 17 year old disabled son. The CM said she wouldn't make it weird that they were playing a couple in love but um..........it was weird.

:rotfl: How would a mother and son playing a couple in love not be weird? So awkward.

We also never got to any food booths in Epcot over the holidays! I was so full from breakfast and lunch.

Off topic...I'm officially flying solo in May! MIL decided she would rather us just give her money for Scotland instead. We told her we had to know tonight, because I make fast passes in the morning! I have so many thoughts...I don't think I can avoid starting a PTR for much longer.

Yay a PTR! @xlsm I know our trips only overlap by like 2 days and we probably both have a lot of plans going on but since you're flying solo I'd love to meet up for a drink or meal or something!

Yay a PTR! @xlsm I know our trips only overlap by like 2 days and we probably both have a lot of plans going on but since you're flying solo I'd love to meet up for a drink or meal or something!

Yes! As soon as I figure out a few more details, we can try to make something work!!

I love the Storytellers great pics. I agree the grey goose slushie and the orange one are so good.
The Voices of Liberty are amazing.
Looking forward to your next update :D

Last edited:
which gave Steve and I a few peaceful minutes to ourselves.
Nice!

But eventually they came back (they usually do, don't they :rolleyes:)
Yeh, why can't they get lost once in awhile....lol. ;)

one of our favorite drinks, the grey goose slush:
Very yum! On the June list, though I have had it before.

The CM said she wouldn't make it weird that they were playing a couple in love but um..........it was weird.
Yeh, um, weird.

cheese fondue while Ricky ate every bite but one of my Sachertorte, or chocolate cake.
Both sounds very good! But the cheese fondue sounds really good right now. I'm so over trying to lose weight......

But this time I saw someone..................and I knew I new him but my old brain wasn't quite functioning right.....
Ah, a cliffhanger.....

That whole post makes me def want to go to Disney in December! One year...

The boys ate their food inside at La Cantina rather than bringing it over to us, which gave Steve and I a few peaceful minutes to ourselves.
I love that they can go off by themselves and feel they will be ok.

I thought she was very good! Very animated and happy to be playing this part. Not quite as fun for kids as Norway but more interesting than a couple others.
I know my girls will love these. Another couple years might give them a little more patience to watch a couple in one visit. But so cool.

Steve and I only heard them for the first time in Aug. and I couldn't believe I'd waited so long.
We have not done this yet, either. In fact, we haven't even stepped in foot inside that building at all! Bad I know. But it is easy to skip over it with all the other countries and food.

My sister has FOB so this successfully freaked her out when I sent it to her.
hahah what a good sister you are! haha!!

Ricky was still starving since they'd only shared an order of empanadas, so he grabbed a hot dog from the booth next to us.

What is with boys and their endless pits?! Seriously, only a boy could share an order of empanadas and then 'snack' on a hot dog!

She needed volunteers from the audience to play a couple getting married, but the only ones who volunteered were a mom and her 17 year old disabled son. The CM said she wouldn't make it weird that they were playing a couple in love but um..........it was weird.

Awkward turtle indeed.

I was in love with their Dickensian costumes and the boys paid attention the whole time! No complaints, score!

AHHH their costumers are GORGEOUS! I'm so glad you got to see them!!

DIS-MEET AND DAT-MEET
and then some more storytellers

**Hey guys, I'm going to respond to all your comments but I had this post almost done and wanted to post it first so I didn't lose it :thumbsup2**

I left off with a mysterious character meeting down by the American pavilion. I knew I knew who this awesomely cool guy was but for the life of me I just couldn't place him!

Do you guys know? YES, Launchpad McQuack from DuckTales! So absolutely cool! I have never ever seen him anywhere! I was trying to tell Chris how rare he is while running down there before the meet was over but he wouldn't come. I know Chip n Dale were also out as well and I think Baloo. Watch this spot carefully guys, every time you walk by!
So that was DAT-MEET. What about another DIS-MEET? Sure! Tammy, @wdwnut61 here on the boards and I had tried meeting up another time or two during our trip but it hadn't worked out, but as luck would have it today we were both in Epcot and in WS at the same time. So we decided to meet by the Christmas tree outside the American pavilion *can I note here that I don't think I've ever spent so much time at the American pavilion lol?* But first Steve and Ricky did this:

Yeah he gave our 14 yo a sip of his beer, sue me and take my Disney $ :P Isn't the drinking age in Florida 13? After he got our son drunk he came over and took a really nice picture of Tammy, her sweet daughter Kathy who was traveling with her, and yours truly:

Two Dismeets in one trip! Which is why I'm really, really, really, REALLY bummed that I'm missing 500 of you guys on our March and May trips. Anyway I chatted with Tammy and Kathy for a few minutes and to tell the truth, Tammy's the one who "helped" me remember who Launchpad was, so many thanks @wdwnut61 :worship:
After Tammy and Kathy went to do more WS exploring we took a few PP pics:

You know the boys LOVE having Tinkerbell in the picture lol!

And here's another fave of the boys:

Now it was time to continue with the storytellers! Last year on Black Friday, I was recovering from the dreaded stomach bug that ruined our Thanksgiving day. I made it through until about 5pm when I got hit again, effectively ruining Via Napoli dinner for me and sending me back to our resort by 6. Chris came with me but Steve and Ricky hung around WS a little longer and watched Father Christmas in the UK, so Chris and I still needed to see him:

I liked where his "stage" was set up, back where British Revolution plays. It meant there was lots of room and pretty much anyone back there was there to see him so not lots of people trying to get by. I'm glad we saw him because I could check him off my list but I'd have to put this storyteller at the bottom of the "interesting" list. Now we had one more to go until we could say we've seen them all! If you want my opinion this doesn't really classify as a storyteller per se, but it's fun and entertaining for the short while they're on the stage. I give you the Chinese New Year dragon:

Wait, this wasn't a real dragon??

Holiday Storytellers complete! I had wanted to do Norway and Germany again even though we'd seen them before because Germany was back in 2012 and Norway is my favorite, but the schedules just didn't match up time-wise and at this point the boys were ready to go. I don't remember exactly what time it was but definitely late afternoon, and I wanted to pack up a bit before our dinner reservation since tomorrow was our last day :( One last picture before we moseyed back to the Beach Club, and take not of the line already formed for the first Candelight Processional of the season:

Steven Curtis Chapman was the narrator and this line was for the 5:45 (5:15?) show. It couldn't have been any later than 4 when I took this. When we'd walked by I did notice people on line already with their CP dinner package stickers on already which was crazy! We saw Neil Patrick Harris narrate back in 2012, did the 6:30 (6:15?) show after doing the dinner package and got in line 45 minutes before the show started. We were way back but still got a great seat.

We killed some time at the resort packing and going on our electronics-can you figure out who did what? We had a 6:30 dinner reservation that 3 of the 4 of us were really excited about!

UP NEXT: A DELICIOUS DINNER and WE FIND SANTA JUST CHILLIN'

LAUNCHPAD!!!!

That's what I shouted when I saw the picture.

For real.

I. Am. So. Jealous!!

Duck Tales and Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers were my faaaaavorite after school shows.

Your Epcot photopass pictures are really good! Love your mistletoe one :lovestruc and the one of your three guys :hug: So cute!

Hooray for DisMeets in November, and boo to missing out on a meet for us in May :sad:

We didn't watch the UK storyteller, but we could hear him while we were waiting for our buzzer to go off for Rose and Crown. Goals for the future!
I love the Chinese Dragon costume. It's so cute! The day we saw it, the sun was blazing down and it was so hot...I felt really bad for the guys inside.

I can't believe the line for CP dining packages was that long already. Wow. I'm so glad we did it once, but I am not anxious to do that again any time soon, unless someone truly amazing was narrating. I'd probably do it again for NPH, but not just any old narrator. I know I would not wait for Steven Curtis Chapman (no disrespect to those who would/do, but...no.)

I didn't know who Launchpad was either :rolleyes1 But you have great luck with meeting characters in that spot!

Ooo bad Steve :rotfl:

I can't believe we're missing meeting you too! But one day we'll be there at the same time!

The miseltoe pictures are so cute I'm mad we didn't get any! Maybe this year...

When we went there people were lining up for CP so early it was crazy!

Watch this spot carefully guys, every time you walk by!

OOO I'm adding this to my 'to do'! How cool!!

Which is why I'm really, really, really, REALLY bummed that I'm missing 500 of you guys on our March and May trips

Same girl, same.

. I made it through until about 5pm when I got hit again, effectively ruining Via Napoli dinner for me and sending me back to our resort by 6.

OH NO!!

Of course this update is my favorite because we got to meet :hug:
Great job with the picture Ricky and I love all the Magic shots.
The one of you and Steve under the mistletoe is my favorite you should get that framed
We're going to keep an eye out in the American pavilion for any special characters so cool you saw Launchpad
Love the Chinese dragon I wish we could have hung out longer next time drinks for sure :drinking1
Kathy and I had to make our way back through FW and catch the monorail to the Poly. Love O'hanas and love the Lapu Lapu even more :D
IMG_7511.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter