completely off topic, anyone know anything about irish dance shoes?

nicurn

<font color=red>"dark side" scrapper <br><font col
Hi guys, anyone know anything about irish dance shoes for kids? I've been online at different web sites and I'm more confused than ever. My 8 year old has now been dancing for almost a year, she wants to keep doing it and therefor needs "correct" shoes. I have no idea what the differences are between the various soft shoes, they all look the same to me. (of course, next week is her recital and I'll be taking pictures then, already have the paper, the stickers, just need pictures..... that kind of brings me back on topic right? :D ) maggie

Yes! She probably needs "Gillies". They look very similar to ballet shoes, except they have very long laces that tie up and around the ankles and lower calves. They will usually cost between $30 and $40 dollars. I guess you are supposed to wear them pretty tight. You can go to www.hardshoe.com, and I know they have samples to look at. Unless she is going to take a "hardshoe" class, (like Riverdance) then she will need the high-heeled hard, tap-style shoes that cost $125!

I am sure you will get some good info from her instructors as well.

Hope this helps!

oh, yeah, we did the "Mom, where are my ghillies?" routine every Saturday for about 3 years. I love Irish dancing and think it was really good for dd.

I don't think there is much difference in the soft ghillies, like posted above.

Wish dd hadn't quit---although driving across town EVERY saturday was a pita.

ok, so are gillies the same thing as antonio pacelli side loops? or antonio pacelli gazelles? What the heck is the difference? thanks, maggie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter