Completed on 7/14! June 2016--Poly Villa Mother/Daughter trip with FOOD!

View attachment 178031 View attachment 178032 View attachment 178033 View attachment 178034 View attachment 178035 View attachment 178036 View attachment 178037 View attachment 178038 View attachment 178039 View attachment 178040 We then headed to Epcot. We had a 1pm reservation for lunch at Les Chefs de France. Now I did not have this originally on our meal plan, but mom was all jazzed up about it and requested I make it happen. We got to Epcot via the International Gateway and it was finally HOT in the parks. We had lucked out the first couple of days with low heat, low humidity, and low crowds, a trifecta! Not so much luck this time. We made our way to Germany so that I could drool over all of the caramel delights in the Karamel Kuche. We then started back towards Les Chefs. I 'had' to stop and get something to drink, so Grand Marnier slushy it was! It was cool and just tasted enough like baby aspirin to be delicious! View attachment 178031 We then finished our drinks and headed into Les Chefs. We were seated right near the windows outside. We could see the waiter acrobat in front of us, it was perfect. I was only going to have soup and a salad, but mom convinced me to do the prix fixe meal. This was a mistake. it is too much food and we barely ate it. The server kept asking if everything was okay! lol I had the onion soup, the macaroni and cheese, and a chocolate swan mousse. Mom had the lobster bisque, the beouf bourginoune and a chocolate dessert. It was all fine, nothing too spectacular. In my mind it was far too expensive for lunch, but he...when in France...

J'adore le fait que "Chefs de France" ont leur menu en français. (I love the fact that the Cefs de France menu is written completely in French!) Great pictures, thanks for sharing!

Glad you enjoyed Skipper Canteen so much! We are going in October and I am a little nervous about the menu (though I wonder if it will have changed by then) for some of our pickier eaters, but excited nonetheless! :)

Glad you enjoyed Skipper Canteen so much! We are going in October and I am a little nervous about the menu (though I wonder if it will have changed by then) for some of our pickier eaters, but excited nonetheless! :)
Our skipper said that the menu change was on it's way. He said he was super excited about it, which I thought was weird. I hope you enjoy it. I really did!

Okay...back to the reviews! Thanks everyone for all the nice comments! It is fun reliving this trip! We had an absolutely delicious lunch at the Boathouse at Disney Springs. I was super excited to try the restaurant as I'd heard nothing but awesome things. It was dead when we went in there, and we decided to sit inside as it was 98 degrees on that day. We had an 11:30 lunch and checked in at 11:20 and were promptly seated. Our server was Christina, and she was wonderful, attentive and friendly but not overbearing. Both mom and I didn't know quite what we wanted, but I tend to go really light when it's that hot. Since we are from Cape Cod, seafood is something I can have fresh all the time, so that didn't draw me in. She started us off with two really soft rolls that were delicious. I want to say it was flavored butter, but I honestly don't remember I then decided what I wanted to order. I went with my tried and true chicken Caesar Salad. It was awesome. I love a good anchovy bite in my dressing, and that's exactly what I got. I do believe it was one of the best chicken Caesar salads I've ever had. I went with unsweetened tea and it was fine. Mom went more adventurous and had the fish and chips. It was the perfect size, not too big and not too small. It was cod, which we are used to and it looked great. Mom said the breading was almost cornflakey. Neither of us went with dessert as there were so many options at Disney Springs we wanted to try. Thank goodness Christina was on top of her game and asked if we were paying with our magic bands as this could cause a problem with their system. She said that their restaurant(not owned by Disney) and the Disney server don't always communicate. She took the numbers right off the back of our bands, and when it was time for the check it was easy peasy. Such a WONDERFUL experience. It was cheap too, based on what we got. We both payed exactly the same. Just over $20 with tip. I would definitely go back to the Boathouse.IMG_4810.JPG IMG_4812.JPG IMG_4814.JPG IMG_4817.JPG IMG_4818.JPG IMG_4821.PNG IMG_4823.JPG IMG_4826.JPG

Last edited:
We exited the boathouse and it was HOT! 100 degrees without factoring the humidity meant it was time to head to the pool. On our way out, I just happened to make my way to Sprinkles:-)worship:) I had to get a look at this place and the cupcake ATM! We headed in and I checked the menu. I knew what I wanted, salty caramel. I went up, ordered, paid with cash and exited to wait for my deliciousness. It was $4.95 for a cupcake, a little steep, but worth it. The problem came when my mom ordered. She wanted the ice cream with the cupcake. Since all she had was her magic band, I left her to do her thing and then went and took pictures. Once I got my cupcake I went and sat on the deck under an umbrella. What a beautiful sight, the cupcake and the scenery. About 7 minutes later, my mom showed up without a delicious treat. I asked what happened and she was PISSED. Apparently, not all Disney Springs businesses will take magic bands. In Sprinkles there was one employee who was authorized to take magic bands, and she couldn't get it to work. They tried three times, and then told he to just pay cash. She didn't have cash, and instead of coming to get cash from me, well....I'll leave it at that. She refused to let me go in and pay for hers. I kind of understand my mom's frustration. Once you check in with Disney and are staying on property, they pretty much tell you that you can use your magic band for everything and make that convenient. They don't really tell you that only 'some' places at DISNEY springs will accept it. But then again, I always have a little bit of cash on me because I'm a realist! lol My cupcake was amazing. It had a bit of sweet and salty and all around moist and wonderful. I thought the butter cream was great, not too overpoweringly sweet. The cake itself was just what you wanted. It was not very sweet but moist and flavorful. Yum!
DSC01091.JPG IMG_4795.JPG IMG_4800.JPG IMG_4828.JPG IMG_4829.JPG IMG_4830.JPG IMG_4832.JPG

That night we were heading to Epcot to ride Frozen Ever After(opened the day before) and Soarin' Over the World(some kind angel gave us two paper fastpasses). We also had an ADR for Via Napoli. I couldn't wait to eat the pizza. I am such a huge pizza fan, and I knew, or at least I thought, that my mom would really enjoy it. I know it's not food related, but the new Soarin' and Frozen Ever After are AMAZING. I would NEVER wait in the stand by line(it was 5 hours long the day before), but if you can get a fast pass for either, DO IT! So well done. Imagineering at it's BEST! So once we rode both, we made our way to Italy. Mom was not loving the heat, so we made quick stop in Germany. She had a bottle of water and I may have had a tall schofferhofer grapefruit beer. It may have been amazing! We got to Italy and made our way to the Via Napoli check in line. This could have been the longest and most crowded of all the lines I was in the entire week! lol We sat down and I immediately knew what I wanted. I ordered the blood orange acqua fresca, and we were going to share the quattro fromaggo pizza. I had it a year before, and I knew I would love it. Mom on the other hand, well she claimed it had too much cheese. I'm sorry. What? Too much cheese? Is that even possible? What is she a communist? Oh well, I enjoyed the heck out of it, and she barely tolerated it. To each her own.
IMG_4852.JPG IMG_4858.JPG IMG_4873.JPG IMG_4874.JPG IMG_4875.JPG IMG_4876.JPG IMG_4877.JPG IMG_4878.JPG IMG_4880.JPG IMG_4881.JPG

Enjoying your reviews! That nutmeg drink at Trader Sam's sounds yummy!
I honestly wasn't sure if I was going to like it. I can be odd about that stuff, but it was AMAZING. If we didn't have plans for Skipper Canteen that night, I would have sat there and gone broke ordering those all night. It was just a great place.

View attachment 176724 View attachment 176725 View attachment 176727 View attachment 176728 Once mom woke up, we headed to a new counter service for breakfast(I'm on vacation. Don't judge me for two breakfasts :rolleyes1). I was looking forward to this as I've heard great reviews. We got there and it was SLAMMED! This was the first crowded restaurant we'd seen all trip. Like you had to stalk a family at a table and hope they'd get up. Mom ordered the French toast. The woman didn't ask if she wanted fruit or if she wanted sausage or bacon. I got the steel cut oatmeal. Moms came with no fruit(she wanted fruit) and sausage and bacon was thrown on top(she only wanted bacon). It was also super dry. Meh. My oatmeal, on the other hand, was awesome. It was just sweet enough and the oats still had a bite to them. I swear it was quinoa oatmeal. All in all, it was fine. Nothing too special, but not as bad as Cap't Cooks! :drinking:
That oatmeal looks delicious!!!!!!!

It's just bizarre that Sprinkles only has certain employees allowed to process the magic bands. Your reviews are great!
Thanks! I know...only 1 girl who could do it, and she couldn't even make it work. It was so frustrating/strange. Oh well....bring cash is the lesson learned! :)

The trip reviews are sadly coming to a close! :( Thursday, June 23 was an up in the air day. I figured we hadn't spent much time in DHS, so I made some fastpasses for that am. We were tired from our late night in the Magic Kingdom, so we didn't get to DHS until 9:15 ish. We headed for Starring Rolls. I don't know why, but I always have to go here and get a chocolate croissant and a chocolate milk. It's one of my traditions I guess. The rest of this morning did not go so well. Let's just say it was over 100 degrees with humidity, and when we got to our first FPP at Toy Story and the FP line was over 45 minutes, I put myself in a time out and went back to the resort!lol IMG_4893.JPG IMG_4894.JPG IMG_4895.JPG IMG_4896.JPG IMG_4897.JPG IMG_4898.JPG

It was the longest wait ever for our bus back to the Poly, and when we arrived I broke off and went on the monorail to gather my thoughts! lol I just needed to recenter my Disney Self! I ended up at the Contempo Cafe again. I know we weren't a huge fan of the breakfast, but I had heard the lunch and dinner were better. I was pleasantly pleased to see the bakery section was a true selection section. Cap't Cooks is such a let down in this aspect. I, not shockingly at all, chose my dessert first. I was drawn in to the Churro Cupcake. I grabbed one and put it on my plate before I realized there were three other delicious looking cupcakes to choose from. Damn! I then went up to the counter and ordered my meal, the italian sandwich. I LOVE italian subs! It is my thing. I also got an honest tea. I got my napkins and found a seat. I grabbed a seat so that I would have a beautiful view of the Mary Blair artwork. Is there anything better? Within ten minutes, the sandwich was brought to me. It was GREAT. It had a bit of bite from the vinegar and the assortment of deli meats was great. It also had toasty bread which is my fave. The cupcake was ...well...AMAZING! :love: It was not OVERLY sweet...I mean it was sweet, but not terrible. It had a nice cinnamon taste and the cake itself was not dry. The frosting and the filling were spot on! All in all, this was exactly what I needed to get my Disney mojo back! I promptly went back to the hotel and took a 3 hour nap! ha!IMG_4651.JPG IMG_4933.JPG IMG_4935.JPG IMG_4937.JPG IMG_4938.JPG IMG_4939.JPGIMG_4940.JPG IMG_4942.JPG IMG_4943.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter