Completed 4/13 - Coooo-rrect! Mom/Daughter Do WDW—A Feb 2019 TR

Discussion in 'Disney Trip Reports' started by Araminta18, Feb 20, 2019.

1. disneyAndi14

disneyAndi14 DIS Veteran

I really enjoyed your report, what a fun mother/daughter trip. This is something my daughter and I do together several times a Year!

Araminta18 likes this.
  2. StarWarsMomofGirls!

StarWarsMomofGirls! DIS Veteran

Sounded like you guys had a great trip. So glad that your mom got to come with you. Sounded like she had a great time! And 7 kids! She def deserved it!

Araminta18 likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Araminta18

Araminta18 DIS Veteran

Thanks for reading! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. :) Also, it's a grey day here in VA as well...may the sun return for us both soon! :)

Thanks for reading! Glad you enjoyed it :D

Thank you for reading! Right? Disneyland here I come.... :) I hope you have an amazing trip with your Dad!!! :D

Thank you for reading! I'm glad you enjoyed it. :) LOL definitely needs to be part of the perfect son-in-law...if he comes in between a mom/daughter Disney trip, can he be all that perfect? :rotfl2:

Thank you for reading! I'm glad you enjoyed it. How fun! I wish I could go with my mom several times a year; I'm sure you and your daughter must have awesome trips!

Thank you for reading! We definitely did have a great trip. :) Right? All the more reason to go more often, though...bwahahahaha :D

5. SweetSerenity

SweetSerenity Thank you evenin' star!

Always love your reports. Hope mom and I have as much fun as you two did.

Araminta18 likes this.
  6. Araminta18

Araminta18 DIS Veteran

Thanks for reading! I hope you two have a fantastic time!! :D It was really special to share the trip with my mom; I'm sure you too will have a great time. :)

7. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton DIS Veteran

What a great trip! I'm glad you both had an amazing time!! Hopefully you can plan another girls trip soon!

Araminta18 likes this.
  8. SimplyGoofy

SimplyGoofy "You are not Mickey Mouse... you are a rat!"

Thank you for an excellent trip report - I'm glad I stumbled across it! I'm glad you had such a fantastic vacation with your mom!

Your mom definitely got pixie dust everywhere she went... an upgrade to club level, cupcakes and treats right and left, Fastpasses popping up without long wait times (and hard-to-get ones to boot) - amazing!!!

You and your mom sound like my kind of people with your love of thrill rides. I'm impressed with how many attractions you experienced during your trip! You certainly put in a lot of steps... goodness, 58 MILES?! I know I've seen folks include their daily step counts on their TR's, but I don't think I've seen anyone add them all together.

They started rolling out the morning extra hours on one of my last trips, and I thought it seemed silly to pay extra for a few extra rides. However, your after hours at the Studios may have changed my mind as it looked like SO much fun! I know you said you preferred MK for the after hours, but I think HS may be my first choice as you could get so many rides on TOT and so much time in Toy Story Land. If it would ever work out for me, I would seriously consider this!

You're the second person who wrote about their breakfast at the Garden Grill and that fantastic cinnamon roll. I think I may need to put that on the list for a future trip!

I don't remember the annual passholder entrance at the parks, but perhaps I've just never noticed as I've never had an AP! You mentioned going through this entrance with your mom at AK - did she get an AP, too? Or do they allow a passholder to bring another person with them through the line?

Thank you for your helpful tips on grabbing the next FP+ while in line! You could change existing Fastpasses on the app but not collect new ones when I was last there without visiting a kiosk - yes, it's been a few years! I hope I'm as successful as you were!

Thanks again for the wonderful report! I hope you'll write another after your next visit!

Araminta18 likes this.
  9. dizneefan13

dizneefan13 Earning My Fins

Loved this TR! What a wonderful time with your mom. Nice upgrade to the suite. Too bad the bed was so squeaky!

When is your next DW adventure? I'm sure you're at least thinking about it. :smickey:

Araminta18 likes this.
  10. iivye

iivye DIS Veteran

Wow, what a trip! I'm not sure you can ever bring her back since there is no way any trip could top how magical this one was. Thank you for sharing!

Araminta18 likes this.
  11. Araminta18

Araminta18 DIS Veteran

Thanks for reading! I hope so too--but maybe Disneyland this time... :)

Thank you for reading! I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

Right? 58 miles sounds like a ton, but luckily it didn't feel like all that much.

So, I get irritated about the "pay to play" aspect, but the Disney After Hours events and the early morning events do come with practically no crowds, which is worth it for ride junkies! It's amazing how much you can do without the crowds. I hope you get to try Disney After Hours some time!! :)

AP entrance: I brought Mom through with me. She doesn't have an AP, just me so not sure if I snuck her through or if that's allowed, but we did it a couple times and never had any kind of an issue. :)

Yes! Definitely be looking for more fastpasses on the app--you can get so many (and sometimes awesome ones... :D)

Ha, I definitely will write one for my next trip, whenever it ends up being...I love having the record for myself, and hopefully others find it somewhat helpful or entertaining! :)

Thanks for reading! :) Yea...I have never been on such a squeaky bed! But at least I slept well. :D

Not sure when next DW adventure will be--I'd like to get one more trip out of my AP before it expires in September, so maybe this summer, a solo trip? Nothing planned though. :(

Thanks for reading! :D Right? Either I have to bring her with me every time as a pixie dust magic, or we can just never go back 'cause there's no topping it....one or the other! :)