COMPLETE! Spring Break Shming Break--No Lines for Us! Girls Trip--March 2017 TR

I love your park days so much glad you enjoyed AK. EE is awesome if you go again with DH Finding Nemo the musical is a great show. I hope they continue with the Express buses they are such a time saver. Your meal at Yak & Yeti looked so good.
We loved the Brown Derby always a great meal. Sorry to hear about the obnoxious group behind you on the Great Movie ride. Glad it didn't mess up your video. I love how your hanging on for dear life in your TOT pic :rotfl:
Great pics as always and love all the details :goodvibes

Another awesome update! I loved the scared kids on ToT. I'm glad you enjoyed AK. It's a underrated park.

Thanks! Ha, aren't those kids great? Every time I look at the ToT pics, I find more hilarious scared children. :) And yes! I liked AK much more than I expected--definitely spending more time there next trip (whenever that is!) :)

I love your park days so much glad you enjoyed AK. EE is awesome if you go again with DH Finding Nemo the musical is a great show. I hope they continue with the Express buses they are such a time saver. Your meal at Yak & Yeti looked so good.
We loved the Brown Derby always a great meal. Sorry to hear about the obnoxious group behind you on the Great Movie ride. Glad it didn't mess up your video. I love how your hanging on for dear life in your TOT pic :rotfl:
Great pics as always and love all the details :goodvibes

EE is awesome! I'll try and get my husband to go for it, but he probably won't. 7DMT is about his limit. Doesn't mean I won't enjoy it again and again though. :) And yes--Express Buses are amazing...

Isn't Brown Derby great? I'm such a fan. And I too was super glad the group on Movie Ride didn't mess up my video--I would have been annoyed!

I hang on for dear life in all my ToT pics--it is after all the tower of TERROR! :D

Departure Day :( -- Sunday, March 19th, 2017

Aw, our last day! So sad. :( But we were excited to sleep in a bit! No need to rope drop this morning—we’d hit every big ride we wanted to in all the parks, so no need to rush to ride rides before crowds hit. Also, we really couldn’t do rope drop, since we had to pack up and check out and all. So, it worked out. :)

Anyways, we slept in, packed up, dropped our bags at the check-in desk and our carry-ons with Bell Services, and then got in the line for the bus to Hollywood Studios! I’d made our fastpasses here 60 days ago, cause I wanted to make sure we could ride Toy Story and I assumed we wouldn’t be able to ride it on Saturday without a fastpass. But we did! So S and I talked Saturday night about what to do Sunday morning, and she (to my surprise) wanted to go back to HS. More Tower of Terror and Star Wars and Toy Story were her jam. :) So, off we went!

On the bus ride over, I started thinking about how we didn’t stop by the front desk and formally “check out” or anything, and I couldn’t remember if we needed to. Or not. Seriously, I couldn’t remember. So when we got to HS, S went on ahead to Tower of Terror (it was 9:30 or so, and our fastpass for Tower of Terror was good from 9:05 am to 10:05am) and I stopped at Guest Relations to double check if I needed to physically check out. For all you who are curious, they will auto-check you out at 11, so no, you do not need to physically stop by the front desk.

With that resolved, I headed down to Tower of Terror and ran into a photographer and decided to take advantage. She had no line and I still had a few minutes before the fastpass would expire. So I got a few pics in front of ToT, and then because I had my Beauty and the Beast on Broadway shirt on, she did a few magic shots in front of the BatB theatre. That was super nice of her—I didn’t even think to ask for them!

ySqpPpsr1eJVEjsZXQa1sme0IrGvAzx02cZF8va5NqfW2dFygIK9u7p8RU6gTyqZAvheX2YIjO92Jk5MuFTTpP7plwT42LAlpLi547GJmi1vpruPUy9pzBjNz3FgqwMtlMuUJZXBy3OabMRComSfsv2LTex3agayKxfKxo2LdnDeM1o6Q0AQ3tfBJqk2_ZOowvIs28Bk9-PKmNTTwiBzOBAKcUIpI24hfxffKB7tWp_Kn1OvhLXKxpWjCkjZeMbV8VCce0-nfNekyK1Qsp3rec8F3cXVEAYa_3xOIle7vEHtoNk4oFN2MjePsvbfcfw9flDda_2y1FFI9QtBbpIXWQTJhjVhU04UeXf6RMuuX9aJ0FGP0ezLn8_h-W-QVHsBBiCoNK13dY-S3lIzIShoBPRcw5yXsDD57_M6zJAuCD4TAkcaspTAA-am5N7zIDi6NGcSW7nol0vcG-oE1LyTQtCU76U3ZkImd6WIIEUuXJA7Vy_shif9gNoY4F36DFRMm-bRCvWYllb1CLUsQ5Vv6GvFOvBajZGIAnKf20cp5oZJSPWMmDF-ikoQ0PHtk3Lb7CPftQmT5HI_kOUrF88H-tlniMhLan0hdfovYlVL0AIajo3A__L5-JUs=w426-h638-no

_11zqo0Tjr7OAXEcQd-6Oouuvdv44z-0L9jQQmpGWTpm-8YvCIaz9355xxXvMIw1jYZmVxPng558wvkrpc3fVUC0Mzs-vgmosgRaFRFj0vw6ASPyymJxIjYahi1JVtXj9hPDXQwTEUoeMBBI8RNEitnmPu2EpvmfInyxA5_lTfzMD91FaAVpVHi2cMdE-ym6mjBoSYnypDVU73OenKKjCoAvle6GQ0lW2eu52nb4erhSEP9VolGT2Y4StySv7FI6FPOFmvyH1PCOuVQfQ4Nuqbji6hcemPzZ7RSjQR3E4c24LrDaCVXKPpweSl4Q4FryJPTVeKj4kjNA0kBIoVJ7QXLkUXXg5gKZActirgoQH7UnFgdOVd_umi9hW4oe28QJcwauOQIjiC_O57dX7lAHny_fgvFaj8pIOt5JV3gVF6vw3ANl0ZjSjqFV_HAoJAU-Zvbas3ZYacfEYFLOn-Eym21fU0p1E3yh5X6nvxGVU7TtNoId9gK0tfkOG1WtyC_caubs1QX3Iadcal8E2tw-AW0gOZGUL0nF0MLsnTG2-9ZC6v1giCxKinY4r2EfNVELmqIJO9x_76UGd8-_cAnrT614T1F6JhuzAr4B7xZlHQG7glDReR3C8W_u=w957-h638-no

Y-xysADkfjTfMNEmGzrxaOwdAeBoxx4F5kx-TGEYt9zZWUelGpOy7RVuD0LAPRAukKpck9S_jMkcggDHoU8dU43pjPjkxRL4O0pmWv_MtB2Bj-HaW_GdOZ-ea6O2OZbhFqoIn_2lBY45urWbVL1UbaPWBe5YFB9V-afj6lhm3KBiwoXvg3lJdWXOg6V73oL10qAkJ8EOQLhlW5lkOWflB8L_6OlqnZAuJWAw7iKkYfEFY8dVUOExFgPhlNu18YJAg5AC_POJ3cpsIEFZk2Uyf7clGsituG_wh5Oe08C1u_a9l9c_XRWmg--2adoPwnyNrXSSs7LSnrJmL9cdfHWfs8o5ppwJCT-ve3YzR6KrR3tlVXwau4jLckcNMhF_AQV2n2s8WTEJDFIBckN2PyMtgZ-D5g88h7YYiF5KlBiNbcj8L_oMZYprVA4lfDkMY3CE3HFul0VW0GnesuqrK1oUh5avdQTqPJRTBFAxe-GFZkTJiQUVRKvAgeLygCsmbEN1NljxY7LEouqoVIbN3kS4FccE5sJ6ESQBPfkfW-V0hpbWx9muSQSVfsPvjd33c9Qf7Ky91Yh9FTgtk-PW-DV4fDHqfCkm_Nid27iq4q6Ng58LB4T9lhDFyyE-=w957-h638-no

Then I met up with S and we got in line for Tower of Terror and embarked on our journey into the Twilight Zone. Another fun picture, though the only kid is blocked by the head of someone in front. S’ok, still lots of funny expressions going on! :)

_FYo5-nohSnrk3uUoxEkQPpSFUZIECPuJ4Y5jXaQibd1CJ7KA5oipeFKgBMbo3PWie0Z-dgEVJz0QqiQdB1s76W2s8dcjl5sYzFM5c-5fItSm1J2qYWflSjnixjb_ZS7Vl15LmITxMQtQu4IpdV32T9olyA5dmEZY7PZtCnBBeVmMlhMaqr5Y-KABVr0dpOLfKey8JxR1yQK2JbiVSB2DPWz3lyv4l3X-hoBq8gUzkGk3YTLFC-7K5xtJOvp4iWbzqaeAJ1mHB3btvC1FSiYSFeRY6dhuNi7K2oOgL6-ORieT5eyfT0o67hDGYUf3XH2yfyS9GGDhoTx72tVZWc81UWw7pylawQg0oBWUL7POLXUymUj4BTZ-5lFjLKcF280krLscsJe4GMSBrrRQflx_MV5CbeXhF1VoQEBudly4nw4BIvLr8iCYJDhqb7H8FoOobAQJaKhdnFbd1ntfKVP3GWWhPyMaBTRrMTLa8GX7jqDptrd0fMXn5OM1xuvfdL5kU-7nt4YCb1_exx0amgZNIdo1ki1J-sQehkCtfwaAecNIz7yVgZGFW93kG1seqb-op51T7Vdq1s_SWrgGGDFvcoHQNSSwEYm78xj9OfbjGHV63AdfmgQc18h=w961-h638-no

From there, we wandered over to Pixar Place for our Toy Story fastpass. For some reason, S and I got separated here, and I can’t remember why. I know she stopped and got a cream cheese pretzel, but I can’t remember why we split up. Huh. Oh well. We met up at Toy Story, and all was well. I liked watching the Army Men out playing while waiting for S. They’re one of my favorites, as they just get to walk around and mess with people and play with the kids. Super fun to watch.

vnJ6NwC-vbyqog9G7UUzA7sWfSdO7HJ4xN8CDGjsLKymdHTp-akP2jF-Q6Ch1hfJpNgOABWjPXrJbA3e97kh75lZVA_d7VOUa9ABPr6IuDwADddmev3o2QdnAwMu-LIRdARmdbWu1r1Kgy2E_65c5L49xjafv2KamDj-jjbxDAVq_s88rBHPFzNREOIywgsk5ob8p5ZXYylQRZ9l_BPb6cgKkoIJuIePrToUW7Rnmqh19ovFkAFm_ZMxDiSaeuX6ub5FH4N85V-0O5MCzzFcjQvp4pxw0hPMOwXiaX2U7yY0tCsu5q5OmNEulYFiMIy2mBb-5Kw7VjUabn5gCyU2XxrUA7yq1VADlk9disvAoUI4IzK5bYVeqFo0SJwIOZJoDr4KlSY9nHUcXF8biBisNpL3YkhiQNZ0NS01ytub49ktlFyO07WRrsXhzQ33JJ7P4e2FAdmBCjMoIBV-Q25SnYjLJ9F388ZtzuW7WFYQGSdehMAsK5DnvJVw_mPOLF_YfFAjJp2Kr-rJADh140bCnq9zRmAr_aD-vfF3KbdMxVmxZPukpfvR5HVowTjw2nVvzW5fJ_hvrxg-yW43srRXxkSiExaFrEtOxDoEBHefY-Qum6SgbfMcMD34=w479-h638-no

S beat me at Toy Story again. Clearly, I lack skills. :)

3P76Y2GtgemfDJq2c36ngU8CDB9oniclualXxspC8_kEXtu6JglrF_vG72Ob-o2TwLTDJOg9L74gOH9-dDl_Sq12XjKd6To5yB9MuaHo6ktrXN_5cRaqw0lzBpCOoF8Fi7_pvWc8uiWyLmxw5JSB4O3DJrUppXiv2ulASs4DGi3ZeYxF35jTNqxve1YQpN7_Brmpte6o9xyvVGoYEMu_hCKFQsCb_QQY7z8Q4yP-pCnIU79qL-oBKRwFqD-NYEl7_QR94XoSg5OorVG784CMous980JWpgXHKdfHfvGgdall8cAmDLqecnzCJuna3xIqvVhYQEpT34iklzrOAk29LqKOrEGyYUwj5AQf03awstXcdJwbTtPOc32bZk73MlJQ4qHSsTreKQTsQiVspOiwWSewewJ6vQEQDbCxXi_5F-lY3DrdrZIp5-qoisOJAe_ppImWOmMSs-JflDY_PheKCpdV_mXp38-e8LnGI6HlC6sJ6G4R2bDVlA75qWRfswVuIz1KqZsh1dTYthlL2MwPG5FpoTXYtAJ0MEMm6BEAqIRcB5WCtszcHPBQHe6VKEtj6YnYpdEkDq9dU8MpjUvCFXyL1sj2IUqVRGkFBiMy83Tsm6q3TBRUb6ty=w851-h638-no

Then I used my SDFP to move our Star Wars fastpasses up so we could just go right over there. That was also another big benefit of SDFP—if you ride right at the beginning of your fastpass window, you can book a SDFP for right then and not have to wait for the full hour to elapse. Much more efficient. :) So we walked over to Star Tours and got right on with our SDFP. This time we went to Hoth and then Coruscant—a much better trip than the previous one with Jar Jar! S liked it a lot better too.

After that, I wanted to get a cream cheese pretzel that I’d heard so much about, so we walked back to the stand by the Great Movie Ride and S went to use the restroom. I waited in the line but by the time I got to the front of the line, the head made a frozen lemonade sound much more attractive. So I got that instead. :)

So, happily eating my frozen lemonade, S and I meandered down by Rockin Roller Coaster to catch the Express Bus over to the Magic Kingdom! We had a 12:55 reservation at Be Our Guest, since S had missed our dinner there Wednesday night (due to her rescheduled flight). I really wanted her to at least see the theming and all. We caught the 11:50 bus, and I went down to the Fire Station on Main Street to get more Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom cards and I don’t remember where S went. Maybe just looking around on Main Street? Or maybe up to BOG already? Don’t remember.

Anyways, we checked in at BOG, and since we’d preordered, went right up to the register to pay. Which is usually faster but I dunno what the lady ahead of us was doing, but literally 5 minutes of her at the register. Doing who knows what. *sigh* We were hungry by then, so this is probably colored by me remembering being a bit hangry.

But she finally went away and we paid and found a table. S decided she wanted the ballroom, and there were, of course, plenty of tables. I got the roast beef sandwich (super yummy) and S got the braised pork. Then for dessert we got the chocolate cupcake and the master’s cupcake. Everything was awesome. I’ve seen lots of complaints about BOG being a glorified cafeteria, etc, and such, and I know it is a bit expensive (I think our bill for 2 drinks, 2 cupcakes, and 2 entrees was $53), but in my opinion, the food and the theming make it one of, if not the, best QS at Disney. The price doesn’t bother me ‘cause all of Disney is expensive, and if I’m at Disney, I’ve saved up so I can splurge a bit. Basically, I love BOG and think it’s worth every penny.

uVhYXATSa87tTeKqsmAA3wB_MmSsjEbVSxOyL_2jexPOAOLwlycTR11H-TfUjKtXaYF4mraQRFyTqntEfCVpdxflWJ2RN6CW9nSlUym2PsqG0zZ1viiH6Su_GBfI6e9qosmiSrbvkBRw0LGO0bFJSSTKy7BunnWO7G_rvvy_OMkx7GaDR2plhSpfFSm0fpOFXHnAgBl3-eGcRXeL1Zo80ZO9zgrZALkHmGy34IlwwWe2LEsB_KsWYcbOhF-Lyo3KY-ObiE7kn5nbhRbYE6WSGRIlQ5sMX3DFvm7GjS6auTgbbQVCRM81qZ77pnVJHk_cQ3vtrd15VZ-tfb-jwaOLTywtCfhPZt5xFhQQTVBtbKFHAXkEHJCLqBktWqHYP3Sx5xpqLafRVvy8F14dc5dT2yVQAU7NAkJ1IjwrP8W7YBklWCDSpgGbEAHCMVdkII8v8MoAxzsOsVynpo4iqzanTr3Vony0Dk8wpT-vsxqex0AtmfN8AErPX8lO8vV0YrRzUNyydBleerGyyyPpxxdsCT2LH7kTZZShrdgnzXW5Q_fXxcLD-ZTc_OwhMGDSdF3TdgP1JU5gbRtvpZCdgqG6z0AxupzUgFtqxS4sCPdV5PJGlWHaqi0GLOGt=w851-h638-no

_Em6rR6xv33WU_zgVvgPiiELx7caPe0UFmIJDNzNBpu3GIGwq-dlPyC9A4J439oH1_9zTI8rY4gRmSUG9Akzp1LYEXFVTE9z0h5S_WFdUIeA5EnbyQwaxdTzovhijn9oZooIV05l41aFcPvIMl4_HbeTUhJOXNFheMRVHDJfKBLYmBYTFAkJrgNr53kpFjzJ24BPB3UBdKz6qBvKkI3P7_AfRI5MmEeX-zZ0g1RWO0X7O6IcwvjMHd40rE67uFhhPMFDrrxsHiAQRqeZmQ38y12n17-oxmlTAS6F4w11Zv2FAfx_OKEEuN7H8_CgqGu4MVvluKEC7tueaqG-8Fgdd2UioLgOw9YOz3UNN-7-WUMtUoBFHCUNflXjwMjM1pDquKM1FTYTNZ0ihZmvEFGDMxMU6gHECoj-drGp_a_OAEFt6Odxc0Um19Lb6cXAV31Er10DruyX2AnN3qQVrDUb4J9axRl3nLx_slar4Z428n3uEdXnZAiA41abvC1TTGv3jtwdhjQogpnmW4PMTgwqp2erCA7f99aDpERfjTYnIBDAybOmJa3YgNzLt7cUfrAkhY49sC8Wa3bg3qFRSb5-AehgeWZ33u0bVEMKCra_iLqmH9N5gTKTwZ_J=w851-h638-no

After lunch we split up for good. I had to be back at the hotel by 3:30, cause the Tragical Express was picking me up at 4 pm, but S wasn’t getting picked up until 7, so she had a bit more time than I did. I was gonna stay at the Magic Kingdom, and she was heading over to Epcot. We got her a fastpass for Soarin’ from 2:05 to 3:05, so after we finished eating, she headed over to the Express bus and headed over to Epcot. Me on the other hand, I got a fastpass for Seven Dwarves Mine Train! For 2:25 to 3:25.

We finished lunch around 1:30 or so, so I took advantage of the time and played more Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom! Played around a couple of the lands (I kept running into the same couple of people for that hour—it was kind of fun), and then back up to Fantasyland for my fastpass!

XSlrfV7Iu2rELQSIePRt33mYmJ3DyVxva6wd5TNGXSgFX1bSp8rQMlqk0FgvR7FCStgK71grax405-RdtPIeTAGGxHwPV7aTfGBGBcGX3A5lA4ds_Dw62dUhiA4SQcoRgKyekKvniXZ8SqHrZwIhRNWs_RqfFpTk9RSoaabSABffhyE9N1zUgy2_SGDa9KhxK30pxhNI57kZL7SpDvwvtRGZ8lkqxqP26bA0v-JW_E5yPM0oI6z3NqvdNBcICLB7YevMmmMaPp0-Vsaaqz4M-ENakAp4EkHV-8gmwzUB97fkDs9xjHfnYr3VAoYDls4lhg8FgmWrJGSy8FpDMl2KdTiqeOWza-1KpsgRqsBBH6TaQEBkb_910LyqGpEX_m5h-O_-JccNiZaoltivethfqR7ElqYW6-txmDkkshvpiAkMMpjYxDqZQPUk72pCmc010UY-IkePCsiDBqYSQOw84QBdZMOJ8YWbbdmaN-AiSDNM_XDC9S9SSqk7EwyWd5X428Q7g7-85DtFawj_h8M2y9H7-_7aeXGswioYEPWk4SRmJqdLAjoNV-zM5oWDARWiOE2U0thISbHk-wYOVO6-gLFT4-Q7YYpB7lU_qbuhIerD0REO2ls8kXmk=w426-h638-no

ML6-OMrphOtkC5LkASDv_ZhAePNc7AmO92HdZP-JDIsXQfEtS1sd5fPJgxeiHN8xaHmjFVfdx_R62QhzfV8zJtRJoNuq3dCzR1dSW_lhNXelpNDyfP6j2Sr4d_10KC2RMcfImy2Is2r4PKYEV964UQzF6blzuSK1kQl6-RgjBp2xVLvJ8825irw5Kz94zUnmbZbfsnvS-_ritH4k5Ua3ahN9GFjlsK6FAUNpIFMyh3Jld1Y4FLT6cpv940KBkqMDeCU1gsZ43rkNnxSNsxK025XH_opt9BV7jOzLulrBave7hWn8QuuE1wLHNgXMsD73wjrXwiCHLunde9bNxbv5XxEYPjk6iy4NUwMMwZJo_xuso4FYrKGRLK9pYzC7gfwiFv2ja4K_ZiojehaFdnoMo2UURYiZ5RtiqHSwuveWUp-lGr_0nK2by4h6PIofsY72xqnn81sutbxFJ70K6Q_7_Ah0ITusEev51b9NWVOch2svVL15Fvv4R-Bx5RLPLpgW0ymLchx_Fu6xq_kg3mlTserTCCmRem_0hQ-ZiFRs0MtlST83v_8MTAsn-nh5qBxkkQ7bEzjjp-4tztdA6Mm_4lakTXEdSz7cVnEL-BkP4vhcu2D82atIEmzk=w957-h638-no

It was a great last ride for my trip. Afterwards I headed out of the Magic Kingdom and over to the bus stop. S, on the other hand, had Frozen for her last ride. After she checked in at Soarin, I kept checking the app for her and within 10 minutes got her a fastpass for it. She was quite pleased, and I was really happy I was able to find one for her.

Then it was back to Pop and then onto the Tragical Express. All went smoothly--no excitement or anything to report. Before I knew it, I was on the plane and then landing in Dulles. No pictures, cause sadness. :( I was super happy to see my husband again, but Disney! I already wanted to go back.

Steps Walked: 14,275/5.9 miles

SDFP: Used it to get 2 Star Tours SDFP at 10:20 so we didn’t have to wait for the full hour after our Toy Story fastpass. It ensured that we had plenty of time to make our BOG lunch reservation.

Express Bus: Used it to go from HS to MK for lunch, and then S used it to get to Epcot for her Soarin’ fastpass. Made it super easy to plan our morning at HS and then be sure we’d make it over to our BOG lunch reservation, and then for S to hop over to Epcot and make the most of her time there.

UP NEXT: The End! My final thoughts

Last edited:
Final Thoughts:

Whew, a whirlwind trip. I was really nervous planning this trip, as everything seemed to point to crazy crazy crowds, and I wasn’t sure how much S would like Disney, and I didn’t want having to deal with crowds to ruin her Disney experience. But all my crazy planning paid off, and with the addition of SDFP and the Express buses, everything worked out. We only waited in one standby line (Tomorrowland Speedway :) ), and the rest of the time was fastpasses, SDFP, or EMH/rope drop with rides being walkons. We had great food: ate around the world and had Table Service in every park (Be Our Guest dinner, Spice Road Table, Skipper Canteen, Cinderella's Royal Table, Yak'n'Yeti, and Hollywood Brown Derby). We rode every ride we wanted to, including the headliners, multiple times. We had great cast members and one not-so-great cast member, but on balance, a fantastic fantastic trip. The best part though was the crazy planning made it so we could just go with the flow—we had options. S still isn’t a huge Disney fan, but she enjoyed the trip and had a great time—I consider it a success!

Anyways, thank you for following along! I hope you enjoyed it, even if the pictures kind of petered out as the report went on. I could say I was focusing more on being in the moment than experiencing it through my camera, but mostly I just forgot. :) But I hope it was enjoyable anyways. I guess I just have to go back and take more pictures next time, huh? Hmm..I wonder if I can convince my husband that a Fall trip is something we need to do.... :) Hmm...we'll have to see!

Final stats:
Steps Walked: 116,832/47 miles even

SDFP: 24 SDFP used

Express Bus: Only 7 times. TOTALLY worth it.

Great pics as usual love your Magic Shot with Chip so cute. Thanks for making me laugh with more pics of you riding TOT or should I say clinging on for dear life :rotfl:
Glad S got to see inside Beasts Castle and enjoy a meal there.
Your ride photos from 7DMT are great. Looks like your riding companion was really enjoying himself :goodvibes
I have enjoyed reading your trip report and sad it's over. I'm so glad you had such a wonderful trip thank you for sharing it :hug:

Great pics as usual love your Magic Shot with Chip so cute. Thanks for making me laugh with more pics of you riding TOT or should I say clinging on for dear life :rotfl:
Glad S got to see inside Beasts Castle and enjoy a meal there.
Your ride photos from 7DMT are great. Looks like your riding companion was really enjoying himself :goodvibes
I have enjoyed reading your trip report and sad it's over. I'm so glad you had such a wonderful trip thank you for sharing it :hug:

Had to give you one last Tower of Terror picture! Maybe one of these days I'll be brave and put both hands in the air... :)

Thank you! I've enjoyed writing it and appreciate your comments :). I'm sad it's over too... guess I'll just have to start planning the next trip!!

And Happy Easter to you as well!!!

Had to give you one last Tower of Terror picture! Maybe one of these days I'll be brave and put both hands in the air... :)

Thank you! I've enjoyed writing it and appreciate your comments :). I'm sad it's over too... guess I'll just have to start planning the next trip!!

And Happy Easter to you as well!!!
If you ever plan a trip for Thanksgiving or Spring Break again let me know would like to meet up and say hello :goodvibes

Loved your report! I love Saturday for a solo trip and your report has me very excited (and less worried about crowds). Thanks for sharing!!

Araminta18, LOVE your trip report! you are an awesome narrator and I love your pictures, too. Your love for Disney is palpable and I love when someone can convey that and give good tips after their vacation.
DH and I (baby boomers) are going for our 2nd WDW vacay in November for 12 days, I can't wait! I am busy scouring the forums learning all kinds of tips and tricks. Thanks so much for talking about the SDFP. We will definitely give this a try! Its one of those things that sounds complicated, but really isnt. Two people = four bands. :)
I hope to make a trip report when we get back and I hope its as wonderful as yours! Thanks for sharing your happy memories. :hippie:

Araminta18, LOVE your trip report! you are an awesome narrator and I love your pictures, too. Your love for Disney is palpable and I love when someone can convey that and give good tips after their vacation.
DH and I (baby boomers) are going for our 2nd WDW vacay in November for 12 days, I can't wait! I am busy scouring the forums learning all kinds of tips and tricks. Thanks so much for talking about the SDFP. We will definitely give this a try! Its one of those things that sounds complicated, but really isnt. Two people = four bands. :)
I hope to make a trip report when we get back and I hope its as wonderful as yours! Thanks for sharing your happy memories. :hippie:

Aw, thank you for the nice compliments! You're too kind. :)

Oooh, sounds like fun! Are you going to the Christmas party? 12 days will be awesome! Lots of time to do everything you want and enjoy it thoroughly. :) and yes--SDFP is awesome! The complicated part is figuring out which bands you can use, but once you've got that figured out, it's super easy, and makes dealing with the crowds SOOOO much nicer.

Please do post a trip report! I love living vicariously through other people's trip reports. And like you said, learning new tips and tricks! :)

Bwahahaha! We're going back to the World Sept 2018! Gonna try renting DVC points and hoping to get a studio at Boardwalk... I know it's over a year out but I'm super excited!

Enjoyed your report. Thanks for sharing. We also think Everest is an amazing coaster. I haven't eaten at the Brown Derby since 2008 so I was happy to read about your experience there. Do you think you'd go back? I can't even remember what I had when I went, and my wife hasn't been keen on making reservations again.

Enjoyed your report. Thanks for sharing. We also think Everest is an amazing coaster. I haven't eaten at the Brown Derby since 2008 so I was happy to read about your experience there. Do you think you'd go back? I can't even remember what I had when I went, and my wife hasn't been keen on making reservations again.

Thanks for reading! As for Brown Derby, I'd definitely go back. My first trip (in 2016), it was my husband's favorite restaurant, and eating there this time around with the Fantasmic! package wasn't quite as good, but I'd certainly go back. It is a bit louder than I'd like at a Signature restaurant, but the food is good and the service was good both times I was there. The cobb salad is awesome; maybe convince your wife she can just get the cobb salad, if she's worried about spending money or worried that the food won't be good? Even reviews that are negative about the Brown Derby usually say the cobb salad is great. And it's a huge portion.

We only waited in one standby line (Tomorrowland Speedway :) ), and the rest of the time was fastpasses, SDFP, or EMH/rope drop with rides being walkons.

I'm really happy to hear this. I'm anxious about the crowds and heat for our upcoming trip but your report is reassuring. Just takes planning. I'm really hoping to ride TSMM more than once...I hope this is possible...I wonder if there are ever any SDFP's for that lol. Your trip sounded amazing though.

I'm really happy to hear this. I'm anxious about the crowds and heat for our upcoming trip but your report is reassuring. Just takes planning. I'm really hoping to ride TSMM more than once...I hope this is possible...I wonder if there are ever any SDFP's for that lol. Your trip sounded amazing though.

Good luck! I was surprised--TSMM had a good amount of same-day availability. The SDFP trick is changing in a few days, unfortunately, but once you use up your original 3 FPs, you can book 1 more at a time on the app, and you'll probably be able to find more TSMM FP. Just keep refreshing. :) Have a fun trip!!

Whew! I fell victim to the photobucket ransom. I *think* I successfully re-uploaded my photos elsewhere, but let me know if you still can't see them. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter