Comparing Princess Breakfast's

HollyJoy

DIS Veteran
Ahhh.. such a dilemma! Of course my girls want to have breakfast at Cinderella's castle... just because it's in the castle. We are on a limited budget, so we can't do both. Could those of you who have been to both give me your pros and cons of each? Are they the same price? I know that the Royal Table is harder to get PS for, so that may make our decision when we call! HELP!

We went to both breakfasts on our last trip. We did CRT first. We had a 10:15 PS and arrived 15 minutes prior to our PS. We ended up not getting seated until about 10:45. The restaurant is upstairs and everyone waits down in the throne room until their name is called. There are only a few benches along the walls, so most people are standing...it gets very crowded. Once you are seated, the drink orders are taken and the food comes out quickly. That was great, speed is important when dining with kids, right?:rolleyes: On the other hand, it would have been nicer if the Princesses were not so speedy. Mary Poppins visited first and she spent the most time with DDs (they loved her even though they didn't know who she was!:D ) The other princesses there were Snow White, Belle, Sleeping Beauty and of course, Cinderella. It would have been better if they were more staggered. They came one after the other right as we started eating. They stayed long enough for a few words with the girls and a couple of pictures. Have your camera ready! You can't beat the atmosphere of the castle though!! Food was okay for being preplated, but DH was disappointed our server didn't ask if he wanted seconds of anything and he felt funny asking. It felt a little rushed.

I think the PSB in Epcot was a little more relaxed. We had a 8:30 PS I think. We were seated almost immediately. Like CRT, drink orders are taken and food comes quickly. Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Belle, Jasmine, and Mulan were there. The Princesses came to the table at a much slower pace and I thought spent a lot more time. They visited with the kids, gave hugs, etc. and then posed for as many pics as I wanted to take. :teeth: Food was good, served family style and our server offered to refill plates for seconds and even thirds once he saw they were empty.

Overall, I think I liked PSB better because it seemed more relaxed than CRT. But, then again, CRT is in the castle....DD3 had to eat in Cinderella's castle!

Hope this helps!

See, I think that's the only thing that's giving CRT an edge, is that it's in the castle! I hate to do a breakfast so late.. I think 10 is late.. especially since we'll be going in December, and the park hours are shorter. Ugh. Decisions, decisions!

Thanks for your input!

When we do a character breakfast, we always do a later time so it can serve as brunch. We arrive at the park at opening, ride some rides, then eat. Then, mid afternoon, have a snack! Works great!

Remember that if you can't get a PS for Cindys, you can ALWAYS eat lunch there! SHE won't be there, but eating in the castle is still fun!

=)

We did both this past April (along with the dinner).

We also did both last year. They are priced the same. CRT charges a deposit when you make the reservation. PSB had a CC number to charge in case you don't show. I will rate them in 4 categories: Food, Atmosphere, Service, Princesses

Food: Both are all you can eat. PSB is served in a skillet, CRT is served preplated. I like the cream cheese french toast at CRT. PSB had wonderful cinnamon rolls to start. The eggs/bacon/sausage are about the same at both. PSB's cheese hash browns are very good. Both meals had fruit on the table to start. The childs preplate is different than the adults at CRT - DD8 prefers the french toast to sticks on CRT server was very helpful - the other could have been scrooge.
At PSB refills on everything were offered multiple times. At CRT we had to ask.

Atmosphere - CRT is in the Castle. The location is very special to every little girl. PSB is also in a castle but does not feel as castle like. The one thing about CRT is you feel like you are eating to "Beat the Clock". It has a real feel of get in, eat, 1 picture, 1 autograph, and get out. PSB is much more relaxed. The food seemed to come more at our pace. Refills of drinks and food were offered. The princesses interacted a lot more with DD.

Service - Both times at PSB we have had very good service. CRT had 1 awful experience and 1 good experience for breakfast. (Lunch had a much more relaxed feel - we loveded it). At CRT the management seemed to be running around trying to locate empty tables, etc.

Princesses - PSB has a wonderful selection (including Mulan). CRT has Cinderella. Like I said above PSB has much better interaction. My DD likes to talk for a few moments. On of the princesses noticed she was missing from the tee-shirt DD was wearing. She talked about missing the photo shoot that day - it was so funny.

We prefer the breakfast at PSB.

We are another family that prefers PSB to Cindy's. We have done both, but won't be returning to Cindy's. We felt crowded and very rushed at CRT, but at PSB we were much more relaxed and so were the princesses. The food is about the same both places, but we prefer the food at PSB.

If you eat there lunch or dinner are there characters ??
thanks Diane

I am new and wondering in the parks do you get a chance to see either mary poppins or cinderella or is the breakfast castle the only place??
thanks Diane

We have seen Cinderella at Toon Town Fair, the dinner at the GF, CRT, and in the waiting (Throne) room after lunch at CRT.

We also saw Mary Poppins at Toon Town Fair and breakfast at the GF. Mary Poppins was also at MGM under the big hat one day.

Lunch and Dinner at CRT are not character meals. We did see Cinderella in the Throne room after lunch but it was an unexpected suprise.

She told me today that she really wants to see Aurora( sleeping beauty) and Belle so I guess either breakies would be okay. So now it just depends on how hard it is to get the crt one compared to the one in epcot.
thanks Diane

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter