Companion Restrooms ???

6ofus

Earning My Ears
Can someone please tell me how the Companion Restrooms are set up ? Are they just large
stalls ? I need private change space for an
8 year old - I would need to lie him down.

The ones I have seen would require you putting him on the floor to change him. May I suggest seeing if you could change him at the Baby Care Center or at First Aid. It would be easier on both of you.

Pooh Bear

The baby care center at Epcot is great for this - it is right next to the First Aid station. In the other parks, the First Aid station is the place to go. Sometimes we find a quiet back corner, just change in the open using an umbrella as a screen, but not so much anymore that he is bigger.

Sometimes the floors are just too messy... we use them if it isn't too bad, but otherwise the First Aid station is the place to go. They have sinks and cots in there, and privacy. :)

galc.gif
DIS disABILITIES Discussion Board FAQ under construction!
"My brain takes a vacation just to give my heart more room..."
teri@iluvdisney.com

I totaly agree with Teri. The Comp. bath rooms are really just a very large bathroom stall. Great for someone in a chair that needs someone to help them.

We just got back from WDW and used a lot of the companion bathrooms. They are not all even set up the same as far as whether or not there is space between the sink and toilet where you could park a chair. Some are huge rooms and others are just barely big enough for a sink, toilet and wheelchair.
Some have a baby changing table built in, but the table would probably not be long enough for an 8 year old and the table was waist height for me (and I'm tall), so it would be hard to get him up there. We did spend some time in MK's first aid area and saw 3 people come in to use the cots for diaper changing of bigger kids with disabilities. The cots at MK and Epcot at least, are in cubicles with 3 walled sides. The walls aren't full height, but come up higher than I can reach. They have a privacy curtain across the front and each has a fairly large wastebasket. The staff was very nice and even greeted one family by name when they came in (apparently they had used the area quite a bit).

SueM in MN
Co-Moderator of disABILITIES

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!