Comp Upgrade to Suite at Aoa - Anyone?

mnmhouston

DIS Veteran
Just curious is anyone has received or heard of someone receiving a comp upgrade from standard to suite at AoA?

I suppose anything is possible, but I would think it would be more likely to be bumped over to Pop than to be upgraded from standard AoA to suite, if they overbooked.

The price differential is just way too great, and their booking level is pretty steadily high. Price-wise, it is more efficient for them to upgrade someone to a moderate standard than to a suite.

I suppose anything is possible, but I would think it would be more likely to be bumped over to Pop than to be upgraded from standard AoA to suite, if they overbooked.

The price differential is just way too great, and their booking level is pretty steadily high. Price-wise, it is more efficient for them to upgrade someone to a moderate standard than to a suite.

I hear ya...a girl can dream!

Just wondering if there were any experiences like this out there.

Just curious is anyone has received or heard of someone receiving a comp upgrade from standard to suite at AoA?

About two weeks ago, I had some friends who were booked in a little mermaid room and they were offered an upgrade to a Cars suite. They were very happy!

Not the same thing but we were there in September and were at POFQ ( we had three adults and 2 kids) and just didnt realize that the room would be too small... We brought my mother who has cancer and thought it would be fine... Turns out, it wasn't. I called the FD trying to see if POFQ had suites and it turns out, they don't. He then called me back and said that they talked to AOA and were moving us to a CARS suite at no extra charge. You dont even know how happy I was. So much more room and to think, we might have been stuck in that small room the whole time... Totally my fault but glad Disney was so accomodating.

I went Feb 17-26. We had a problem with the room at the Pop. I asked if we could switch to the Little Mermaid. They said yes. When we went to check in they told us they were putting us in the Car's Suite. We were thrilled. We did not ask for an upgrade but we got it. I think they have limited rooms at the Mermaid and they book up fast.

We were upgraded in December from a Little Mermaid room to a Cars Suite. We never asked for it and were pleasantly surprised.

Wow! This is the first time i heard of being upgraded at AoA! I guess Cars is the least popular suites! Although when we went over to explore one day, I thought the theming outside was very cute.

We are booked in a LM room for 1 night prior to our package starting at AKV! Airfare was cheaper to fly down the night before and didn't want to have to pay for en extra night of the dining plan since we won't arrive till 8:30p. As much as I love the little mermaid I wouldn't mind the upgrade to a suite! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter