Coming to you Live from Disney World!-Take 2 AUG/SEPT WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Let's begin the new thread with a couple of updates that I was unable to post last night after the old thread hit page 250 and automatically closed.

The first is a short one from Mommyof3inVA from their lunch at Magic Kingdom's...

Casey's Corner

She said, "my husband had the bbq hot dog and I had the plain hot dog but added melted cheese. They were delicious! :thumbsup2

Forgot to take a menu pic! Sorry." :)

3 April Game Points Earned

Yay for a new thread! Can't wait to see what's in store!

Plus, I hope we are still going in October! Just booked a three-night getaway at POR for Columbus Day weekend. :)

Thanks again, Barb, for all that you do!

When I started reading these boards I was always shocked when I would see a 2nd or 3rd thread on one topic and now I have finally read every page of a thread with this one. heck I remember Barb's personal dinning report that lead to this thread! I will add my thanks, along with the rest, to Barb who keeps it going I may not post a lot but I read this thread every day and it keeps me in my happy place even with a child reaching the terrible twos! Can't wait to see more and will be happy to contribute again if it lasts till December!

One more update from last night, this one from Rarity.

She said, "Tonight we had dinner at Yak & Yeti, and it was our first time eating there....

"DSis had the Duck with Anandapur Glaze (as you can see, she was inhaling the yummy scents, lol)....

"The duck was perfectly cooked - moist in the inside and crispy outside."

"I had the Beef & Broccoli Stir-Fry....

"It was very good; the meat wasn't too tough, as can happen with stir-fry."

"And of course we couldn't leave without trying the Cream Cheese Wontons...

"It was as good as I've heard. I even liked the grilled pineapple, and I normally hate pineapple."

"I also thought I'd share a photo of us with Rafiki...

"He was so much fun to meet. We were starting to hit our wall (it'd been a long day - up at 3am, 6 hours driving, and straight to the park), and his antics gave us our second wind. We meditated and practiced some yoga poses. I'll refrain from sharing the pic of me trying to do a split with him."
;)

2 April Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for sign, menu, pic of DSis, and pic with Rafiki

Just a reminder that next up to the Disney Dining Plate is...

:cheer2: FancyNancy :cheer2:

FancyNancy will be at Disney World from 4/27 - 5/3 and has volunteered to do live updates for us!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP, FancyNancy!!! :cool1:

Hi
Thanks Barb for keeping the thread alive. I really enjoy reading it!!! I look forward to it everyday.

Now let's begin today's updates, starting with our First Update of the Day sent to us by Rumpletinker this morning from...

Starring Rolls Cafe

Chocolate-Peanut Butter Cupcake

"Delightful as always!":thumbsup2

1 April Game Point Earned + 1 Bonus Point for First Update of the Day

Next in was an update from Rarity and her DSis from their lunch today at the Dolphin resort's...

First some menu pics...

"We split the Build Your Own Burger and added chili, bacon, and cheddar cheese."

"It was cooked a perfect medium and very good."

"For dessert we split a Create Your Own Sundae with banana walnut and peanut butter ice creams, hot fudge, and peanuts."

5 April Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for sign, menu pics, and pic of DSis

Hi All!

I did make a special trip to the BoardWalk Bakery this afternoon specifically to get pictures of an open BB. I will skip ahead in my updates to Barb and send those over to her stat.

We can't let this thread NOT have food scoop!! ;)

Then we received a couple of updates from Hannikins, the first from their dinner last night at...

Cinderella's Royal Table

"My wand!"

"Bread for the table."

Royal Tasting of Cheese - a trio of cheeses with accompaniments

Soup Of The Day - Italian Pasta

Roasted Beef Tenderloin - Sliced Roasted Beef Tenderloin with Duchess Potatoes, Asparagus, and a Chasseur Sauce

"Jam and Key Lime Cheesecake - didn't tasted any lime!"

Chef's Dessert Trio - Cinderella sent her Chefs around the world to discover new desserts. They are happy to share three of their favorites with you.

"Overall we enjoyed it, the character organisation was a little rubbish though, all characters started in the same place. So if like us you were at the end you waited ages, the small children near us were getting rather unhappy, waiting well over an hour!"

3 April Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for pic of Hannah & pic of Ariel

Hi All!

I did make a special trip to the BoardWalk Bakery this afternoon specifically to get pictures of an open BB. I will skip ahead in my updates to Barb and send those over to her stat.

Yay! I've been searching all day for someone to have posted the new menu :cool1:

As of today, Hannikins is now visiting Universal Studios.

Breakfast this morning was...

"A roll from Cinnabon at Universal, yummy!"

And then lunch was...

"A chicken tenders meal from the quick service opposite Spider-Man."

Thank you so much for these threads. I'm a big time lurker but love staying up on new options for dining. We have a *VERY* special anniversary trip coming up this fall and we really want to try some new places along with our old favs and this thread is super helpful! :goodvibes

I found my way to the new thread :wave:. I wonder how long it will take to fill this new thread? The many new food updates are wonderful. How am I ever going to narrow down my list for my next trip? Just when I think we are set I see another update and start making changes....

Barb, I have to add my thanks and admiration for all the hard work you put into this thread. It's the best thread on the DIS! :worship: My youngest DD (who did the live updates with me in February) was so excited to see we came in 2nd place. You made her night with our recap.

Hi All!

And here is DeeDee's update from the newly reopened today...

DeeDee said, "I can add commentary later, but thought everyone might like to at least see the pictures tonight."

10 Bonus Points Awarded :thumbsup2

DeeDee (buzz1121) also sent us a couple of updates earlier today.

She said, "Breakfast yesterday was from...

Roaring Fork

"DH was kind enough to pick up the food and bring it back to the room. Unfortunately, I was getting ready and the only picture I was able to take was of my own breakfast."

Mickey Waffles with Strawberries & Whipped Cream (plus banana added) and served with bacon

"I did ask that a banana be added to the strawberries and cream waffles. This was done with no issue at all. Once again, my breakfast from Roaring Fork was delicious!"

Thanks DeeDee for the pictures of the BW Bakery and the close ups of the desserts. Salted Caramel Ganache is on my list for the summer.

Thanks Barb for this wonderful thread. Keep up the great work.

Definitely an awesome upgrade to the bakery! So many things I want to try! I want to go there now!!!!

Salted Caramel Ganache
Peanut Butter and Banana Pie
Blackberry Macaron
Lobster sandwich- Yikes at the price on that! Would make a great counter service. This is going to be the new counter service place I think!
all salads
Salmon Sandwich

Then DeeDee sent us this update from DHS'...

Sci-Fi Dine-In

She said, "We were at Hollywood Studios for the morning. DD chose Sci-Fi Dine in for lunch. The kids enjoy the old movies and advertisements."

First some menu pics...

"DD and DS selected popcorn chicken and fries for their meal."

"They ate all of their food, which I take as a sign that they enjoyed it."

"DH and I split a bacon cheeseburger with fries."

"The burger and fries were good."

"For dessert we split an...

Out-of-This-World Turtle Cheesecake - with Heath Bar, Pecans, Chocolate Chips, Caramel Sauce, and topped with Whipped Cream

"The cheesecake portion was very good, with a good amount of caramel to add to the bites of cheesecake. The one odd part was the crust, which is made of rice krispies. They tasted a little stale."

"As with Kona Cafe, Sci-Fi experienced a menu update on Wednesday. The only change at Sci-Fi is a new dessert, the housemade candy bar. Our server noted that it was good but the outer chocolate ganache was a little too thick and rich for her taste."

"I was excited to hear of another menu update, as this thread should be having a variety of new food pictures soon."

3 April Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for menu pics

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter