Coming to Reverse Maleficent's Curse! A 16th Birthday to Disneyland PTR (COMPLETE)

Don't worry, I'm in a similar position. I'm 19 but living on the other side of the world kind of limits my availability to go to Disneyland! This time last year I was there, having a blast, and have been bugging my parents to go back with me for months (like...I want to be there now) but they're happy for me to go by myself, but I don't think I want to give up $3000 for a trip to Disneyland just right now, let alone going by myself! One day it'll happen, for both of us, and when that day happens, all the research, discussions and dreams will make it a great trip to remember :)

Well done on your role in the production too, and Quebec sounds amazing :)

Does that mean the trip is cancelled? That sucks :sad2:

Yup, sadly... unless my parents just decide to drop the vacation question, then DLR is back in the boat, but who knows if that will ever happen :/ So for now, it is cancelled.

Don't worry, I'm in a similar position. I'm 19 but living on the other side of the world kind of limits my availability to go to Disneyland! This time last year I was there, having a blast, and have been bugging my parents to go back with me for months (like...I want to be there now) but they're happy for me to go by myself, but I don't think I want to give up $3000 for a trip to Disneyland just right now, let alone going by myself! One day it'll happen, for both of us, and when that day happens, all the research, discussions and dreams will make it a great trip to remember :)

That's exactly how I feel. It's almost exactly a year until I was last there (WDW, not DLR) and I'm 100% sure I will come into school with puffy eyes thinking about it. I've had two AMAZING trips to WDW and just adding the one to DLR would be awesome, but it's just not going to work out right now. I hope you get to go on a trip soon, even though, personally, I would love to go on my own, but the prices... eck! Anyways... hopefully both of us will be going soon :thumbsup2 Disney Gods I hope you are reading this right now! ;)

Well done on your role in the production too, and Quebec sounds amazing :)

I'm SUPER excited for the musical and Quebec, even if I lost my permission to cross the border form for Quebec and my script :scared1: Yeah, not having great luck lately, but they are still awhile away and they'll probably show themselves soon enough (because if they don't I'm going to go insane AAACCCKK!!)

POST DISNEY 1 YEAR AND GOING STRONG

Alright, so I am SUPER sorry I disappeared for like months. I'm pretty sure I told everyone on their TRs why I disappeared so I won't repeat (if I missed yours please let me know). Anyways, the real reason I started this update was NOT about my absence, but for something a bit deeper. I'm sure those I've told or who read my TRs know what I'm talking about. The past week was the 1 year anniversary of my school trip to Disney and the last time I was ever there. So I really needed the DIS more than ever to commemorate this occasion as well as because I'm in the most un-Disney situation, the exact place I didn't want to be: In a ski lodge, snow piling up outside and it's not stopping anytime soon. This is the same place I ended up last year after my trip and I just didn't want to go back for that reason and because this week just hasn't gone right at all.

I'll explain... First, on the drive up my stomach wasn't feeling right and the whole drive became very uncomfortable and longer than usual. Then, throughout many decisions on what we did this week, I kept on being left out and it really put a damper on things. After that, I finally had a good day and I thought things were looking up. Then, on my last snowboarding run, I had a major wipeout and I'm healing today (the day after). Seriously, this was my worst wipeout ever. I mean, everything that could've happened did from nosebleeds to major headache. It wasn't fun and I just needed to talk about it on the one place that will help me in any way, shape or form, the beautiful DIS :goodvibes

Alright, so moving on from that I have some good stuff to talk about too. Firstly, because the whole Disneyland trip went out the window for my birthday I decided to find a "replacement" of sorts and decided on something I've always wanted to do and is MUCH cheaper. Did you guess what it is? Well, it is to see a...

BROADWAY SHOW!!

Yup, I'm actually really excited for this even though it isn't Disney. The only problem is I can't decide which show to see. Here is the list I came up with:

Phantom of the Opera
Wicked
Mary Poppins
Anything Goes
The Lion King

I have different reasons to each and it seems they all balance each other out. I did have a family vote on it and The Lion King won with Wicked and Mary Poppins, very close behind. But those were my favorites too (with Phantom, but that's because I'm nervous how long it will still be on Broadway). So now I want your opinion. Give me a list of each of these from 1 to 5, 1 being the one you think is the better of the 5 and 5 being the worst. My family has seen no Broadway shows together so if you have your opinion will help greatly. For those who aren't so familiar with the Broadway repertoire and these productions, here are some playbill covers to jog your memory or familiarity (though I know some you probably already are familiar with ;)) :

WICKED
Wicked-Poster-wicked-257210_450_497.jpg

MARY POPPINS
Mary-Poppins-Broadway-Poster.jpg

PHANTOM OF THE OPERA
215px-Phantom.jpg

THE LION KING
4.134218.jpg

ANYTHING GOES
anything-goe.jpg

PLEASE put together your lists for me because I'm so stressed about this decision (I'm so weird).

I also want to direct your attention to my signature. If you notice the Disneyland countdown and replaced it with another ( :( ). And this new one says 11 days until My Quebec Adventure. So, if you're totally flustered or need confirmation, yes I am going to Quebec with school in less than TWO WEEKS!!! WOOHOO!!!! So excited! I've been anticipating this trip since the beginning of the year and now it's here. I can't wait to experience it as well as share it with all of you when I get back. I just hope I can find my camera charger :/

Now, I must warn you, I will have a lot going on in this coming month of March. I have rehearsals for Anything Goes, my school musical and those are going to get ridiculous. I will promise to get on as much as I can, but it will be tough. And I will keep you up to date on that as well since I get to show you ridiculous pictures of me in a sailor suit :laughing:

Well, that is the end of my update. And I wanted to show you some photos I recently found from my trip last year that have never been seen before *dramatic music* to leave you with:

MewithDew.png

TrevnI.png

100MEDIA95IMAG0144.jpg

100MEDIA95IMAG0139.jpg

100MEDIA95IMAG0130.jpg

100MEDIA95IMAG0129.jpg

And as always, have a magical day! :maleficen

Mountain Dew!! My oldest daughter and my son love that!! I am a Pepsi person for sure.

Bummer about no more Disney, but a Broadway show sounds like a lot of fun too. And as hard as it is for some of us to believe sometimes, there is more to life than Disney! haha

The only Broadway shows I've seen are the Disney ones (we saw The Lion King and Beauty and the Beast when they came to Milwaukee and then we saw Mary Poppins in NYC when we were there a couple years ago). They were all great but I know Wicked is really popular too. I'm sure whichever one you decide on will be good. :thumbsup2

Bummer about no more Disney, but a Broadway show sounds like a lot of fun too. And as hard as it is for some of us to believe sometimes, there is more to life than Disney! haha

The only Broadway shows I've seen are the Disney ones (we saw The Lion King and Beauty and the Beast when they came to Milwaukee and then we saw Mary Poppins in NYC when we were there a couple years ago). They were all great but I know Wicked is really popular too. I'm sure whichever one you decide on will be good. :thumbsup2

It's sad isn't it? There is more to life than Disney... PISH POSH! lol

Well those are my top 3 so they all seem like good shows, especially since two of them are Disney produced. These decisions just seem to get harder and harder gosh! Well, thanks for your input, Sarah! :teeth:

WHEN IN NEED OF A DISNEY RANT...

Go to the DISBoards!

Yeah, just ending my title right there, even though I think "When in need of a Disney rant..." is nuff said and now for my rant...

For those who are on Twitter, probably know about this already, but first I must begin with a picture...

Anyone remember this infamous picture?

294.jpg

Well, that's Nate! Know where he is? Downtown Disney (well, Disney World) and know where he is right now? Disney World. Yup, so VERY jealous of him right now (and that is my rant right there), but he is already getting me a pin and a Mickey straw (since I lost mine on my last trip :( ), so I am helping him currently and I'm sending out a call for help from all you DISers...

I'm sending him to all these places to try out foods and stuff I know you've recommended and I've enjoyed, but I want to see what I really need to send him to get. I've already told him to go get a Dole Whip, Schoolbread and a lot of the classics, but if there is anything not well-known that you enjoy please tell me. He is only down there for one more day, but I'd like to help him make it a real nice day so I appreciate any help.

Also, I've also wanted to report about the on-goings in my world concerning Disney because things are starting to get me really hyped, but I don't want to get my hopes up too much, but my family has been happily talked about Disney. First, was in the car back from my trip up north (where I had a bad wipeout). We started talking about the last resort we were at (we were watching Princess & the Frog in the car and just got into a Disney conversation), which was Kidani Village AKL and how it would be awesome to stay at the Beach Club Villas if we go through the same person. I didn't hang onto this much, because my mom stopped me before I ran on, but then something else happened...

At home, we were watching Good Morning America when they announced the christening of the Disney Fantasy. My sisters got really excited and started really talking about Disney cruises. Then, they actually went to the website, I repeat, went to the website! It was amazing. I think the Disney gods were really working with me at this point.

Also, a bit before this (going out of order here, sorry), I was talking to my mom just casually about WWoHP. We've really wanted to go back and see this, same with Sea World. Then, she brought up the fact, maybe we will go back to Disney to see all of that. So I was just jumping out of my seat and after this, I was just back into the planning game. From now on, I will be planning anonymously instead of upfront with my mom about it, so I can really work on it in case my mom starts really thinking about a trip again and have the best possible deal. ::yes::

I will be working on trip planning for a Disneyland/SoCal trip and a WDW/Orlando trip, so if this summer we end up going to SoCal, I will absolutely be incorporating a Disney trip then and if we go back to my happy place next year, it WILL happen under my watch. So, I just wanted to announce that.

I also wanted to update on the Broadway show thing. I haven't talked to my parents on it since we are preparing for Quebec currently, but I think Lion King is the number one choice right now alongside Wicked, so I want to hear people's opinions on those and I thank you for your earlier opinions as well :)

For now, have a magical day (even though it is night)!

:maleficen

Oooo Broadway how exciting! I've seen Wicked, Mary Poppins and the Lion King (albeit not on Broadway, rather the main theatres in my city) and I have to say they are all great in their own ways! I loved Mary Poppins and Lion King for their Disney-ness and the music and dance was amazing but Wicked was magical as well! Good luck in deciding which one to see :)

Oooo Broadway how exciting! I've seen Wicked, Mary Poppins and the Lion King (albeit not on Broadway, rather the main theatres in my city) and I have to say they are all great in their own ways! I loved Mary Poppins and Lion King for their Disney-ness and the music and dance was amazing but Wicked was magical as well! Good luck in deciding which one to see :)

Thanks, it is very exciting! :) Wow, you are so lucky to have seen so many of these shows and I guess based on your opinion of each, this is going to be a tough decision... ugghhh... well thanks for your input! :teeth:

OFF TO QUEBEC... WHAT NEXT?

Alright, so unless you've been ignoring these updates completely or my very beautiful signature, it will come as no surprise that I am leaving for Quebec in just a day. So exciting! This is kinda the pinnacle for this PTR since I've been talking about it since I thought up my 16th birthday trip (that sadly won't be happening). But since that is not happening, I've decided to give you a quick run down of this trip:

DAY 1/ TUESDAY, MARCH 13, 2012-

This is the departure day, where I will be getting up early (nonetheless) to leave on a 9 hour bus ride to Quebec City. We will make stops along the way, of course, but it will be a long drive either way.

When I arrive, we will be checking in at our hotel and dropping off our luggage. Here is a picture of what the rooms I will be staying in looks like. We are staying at the Loews Le Concorde Hotel by the way.

2147_0_loews-concorde_fsa-g.jpg

(We will have twin beds but this is the best picture of a room)

After arriving, we will go to our rooms and get ready to for a tour of the Erablier Du Cap or the Sugar Shack. When we get there, we will have a tour of the Sugar Shack with a traditional French-Canadian dinner go... wait for it... DOG SLEDDING! Yup, dog sledding! I'm so nervous, but yet so excited! We actually get to learn how to mush and then ride in the sled :woohoo:

After that, we will go back to the hotel officially ending my first day.

DAY TWO/ WEDNESDAY, MARCH 14, 2012-

Another early morning, we will get up for breakfast at the Spaghetti House. I think this is the hotel restaurant, sounds really interesting. Can't wait to have a breakfast there :)

After, we are going to the Duchesnay Center for Cross Country skiing, which is another thing I have never done. This will be interesting to watch me fall all over the place. :laughing:

After a day of testing my semi-uncoordination. We are going to see the Montmorrency Falls...

montmorency-falls.jpg

Then, off for a guided tour of St. Anne's Basilica (to make my dad jealous lol)...

st_anne_de_beaupre.jpg

After that, we will drive home and stop by Marie's Bakery to get some Homemade bread and maple butter to try. Then, it's off for a nice dinner at the rotating dining room L'Astral atop our hotel...

3186737180_ec48c4a8c0.jpg

(It ain't no Garden Grill, but it still looks gorgeous)

Then, we end our day by walking to the Old City for a visit to the Famous Historic Chateau Frontenac. After that, we will be again in for a late night and finish our day.

DAY 3/ THURSDAY, MARCH 15, 2012-

On our last full day, we will have another breakfast at the Spaghetti House. After that, we will go on a 3 hour walking tour of Old Quebec. Then, we will leave for what the majority of our day will be at... the Val Cartier Sports Park. This is what I've really looked forward to. It is a huge sports park with a ton of tubing, ice-skating, etc. I'm very excited. I mean, look at this tubing slide:

VILLAGE_VACANCES_VALCARTIER5.jpg

(INTENSE!)

After that, we will go to the Galeries de la Capitale for our dinner that night, shopping and other fun. We also are going to see an IMax show here :thumbsup2

photogaleries2_30819_album-petit.jpg

Then back to the hotel for a good night's sleep... maybe...

DAY 4/ FRIDAY, MARCH 16, 2012-

Now, for our last day, we will be going to the Spaghetti House for another breakfast. After that, we will check out of the hotel and load our luggage then head off to Old Quebec for a Scavenger Hunt. We will get on the bus for the afternoon and then get back at Souhegan later that night.

And that is my trip! Short, but with a lot built in. I found my camera yesterday and will be using it a lot so I can write a nice little "TR" of sorts for y'all. Speaking of which, I have some sad news for you all...

Since, it does not seem I have any actual Disney trip in the works, I will not be continuing this TR after the Quebec trip. It seems this PTR is just taking up internet space for me and I think when a trip actually comes around a PTR that has gone over three trips cancelled thereafter would be too bittersweet. So, I will be around to tell you all about my special trip and maybe the play since I'm sure it will take awhile to get through this extreme trip. I do believe there will be a trip for my family and I coming soon because... I'm going to be onto bigger better things two years from now, so I'm sure my mom will be dying to take a few more Disney trips with her clearly obsessed son lol

All aside, I hope everyone has a magical day!

:maleficen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter