Coming to Reverse Maleficent's Curse! A 16th Birthday to Disneyland PTR (COMPLETE)

I understand Timmy. No wonder my school district starts in late August.

My school usually starts earlier, like Mid-August, but last year we had so many make-up days we had to start later to get the full summer vacation. :/ Hopefully not the same for this year.

If you work at Disney, what would you be?

Hmmmmmm... I think I would like to work at the Haunted Mansion or the Jungle Cruise (though I have yet to go on that ride), so mostly Haunted Mansion. I love that ride and I REALLY want to go into that secret hallway :goodvibes

FOR WE NEED A LITTLE CHRISTMAS... AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!

So, I guess you're thinking "he's falling behind again"... "Guess this will be Timmy forever" and I'm saying NO! NO! NEVER AGAIN! I guess it's just with Christmas and all the catching up I had to do I finally found time to update and since it's after the holidays I thought it would be a good time to give a RL update on my holidays, which I hope everyone's were as fun as mine were. I'll get into that later though...

So, about the trip AGAIN... it seemed to perk up a bit in terms of possibly going. I brought it up again and my mom was once again into it. For the longest time she kept on saying she had been to Disneyland and then... well, I'll let you into a little peek into our conversation:

"Yeah, I went there. I remember we went on the Elephant ride safari thing."

*gives confused look* "Ummm... wouldn't that have been the San Diego Zoo (she was not talking about Dumbo)?"

"Oh yeah... ummm... what did I do there? Uhhh... maybe I didn't go..."

*grins maniacally*

"Yeah that would be a fun trip!"

BREAKTHROUGH! Yes, my mom has finally come to the conclusion she has never been to Disneyland so it's back on the table again. I also showed her some ride-throughs and she got excited about those as well. I don't know how far this will go, but I'm persistent and I will find a way to go to the Happiest Place on Earth.

Also, as most of you may know, Disney announced on New Year's Eve night their new promotion of "One More Disney Day". If you don't know about it, here is a link to the site: http://onemoredisneyday.com/

Basically, on the Leap Year (well, day, February 29th), Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom from 6AM that day will have the parks open for 24 HOURS! Crazy right? I got so hyped then I remembered I wouldn't be going :( So, I went on the website and found out they are also having daily sweepstakes for this. Everyday from the 1st (which passed of course) till the 29th, you can enter for a daily sweepstakes as well as the grand prize of which you can pick among all these different prizes Disney is offering. One of them is a 4 night, 5 day stay at a deluxe resort and since that is what I was hoping to go to Disney for, I couldn't help but enter, which is a huge shock. I'm not a big sweepstakes person, seem a bit too much like lottery to me, but I'm desperate so everyday I'm entering and hopefully I'll get chosen one of these days and then I'll be planning a trip to WDW once again :D

Yeah, so a lot of good news for that trip. Now, onto some other news for my Quebec trip I've been talking about. Well... I'M GETTING MY PASSPORT! Yes, we went to send all our information in and just in the nick of time. The latest the lady said I would get it is February the month prior to the trip. *sigh of relief* With that all squared away I will be going to Canada indefinitely.

Now, onto the holidays since that's what this update is about. Now, Christmas, since that is what came first, started really much before the actual day. We had Secret Santa at school and I'd consumed a ton of candy over those days, as well as had a little Christmas feast in my advisory. Lots of fun there. Then, two days before Christmas, we gave out our family gifts. I got a new sweatshirt from my parents, Body Wash from DYS (?) and then we were awaiting the arrival of something else from DOS, which I will get back to later. I didn't give out anything since my dad was busy and didn't have time to bring me out shopping for my mom and sisters, so the following day, I bought them all iTunes gift cards since everyone in our house has an iPod (well mine's gone at the moment) so I got those. We also enjoyed a lot of great food over those few days, my mom baking her famous apple pie which I will get a food picture of one of these days. You MUST see this thing, it is MUY DELICIOSO! But I won't tease you too much.

Alright, now onto Christmas day. Just a little rundown on me and Christmas, I am a big fan. I've always enjoyed Christmas. The togetherness and happier moments of the year always happen around this time and I've just relished in it so much, as everyone else in my house feels the same way since our Christmas always starts at 2 in the morning with a little visit from St. Nick himself. I, being me, always get up a bit earlier to go check out what I got. I made a little web show when I went down there, but I can't find my sister's camera where the cartridge is in so I can't upload, but I'll show it to you later since it gives you an actual image of what our family room looked like at that hour. But here is what I got:

First and foremost was a whole lot of clothes, but I don't think they are interesting enough for pictures and I'd rather not dig through my closet to get them (since I'm feeling under the weather today). After that I found this:

0102121200.jpg

SEASON 2 OF GLEE! WOOHOO! I love this show for those of you who don't know, and I can't stand how people downgrade it so much because it really is good and the singing is legit. I don't watch it anymore since most of this new season isn't really so cohesive and as entertaining as the prior season and the first, but still I have another season of Glee to watch over and over again :)

Now, for the Big Kahuna, sitting in a box next to all these other amazing gifts was a BRAND NEW LAPTOP:

downsized_0102121201.jpg

Yeah, I had to jump on into that one. So... for those of you who have been following me for the past year or so know I've had laptop troubles. I've had a Dell Inspiron 1525 for 3 years and it had it's ups-and-downs and was working fine at the beginning of this year then decided to crash and burn. We got all the memory revived but after that, it was done for. So, for awhile I was living off my dad's old work laptop, which I didn't really like since it had crazy restrictions on it and stuff, which really bothers me. I needed my own! So now, I finally have one, all my own and it is a lovely working machine and amazingly doesn't overheat all that often :cloud9: LOVE IT!

Yup, so following that, I also got to look in my stocking, which I must show you all. First off, you should know my stocking was bought (or made) when I was a baby or prior to my birth so I didn't get to pick it out, it's just always been this way and nowadays we laugh at seeing what my parents had gotten me for a Christmas stocking:

downsized_0102121237.jpg

IT'S MICKEY! Yup, that's right. So basically I was born to be a DisNerd, know slight chance or anything like that. It was bound to happen. My sisters also have Disney stockings too, DOS has Minnie and DYS has Tinkerbell, but I had it first so more reason for me to become like I am today.

Now, inside of it, along with Candy I found this little beauty:

0102121237a.jpg

Luv me some iTunes! :D Nuff said there.

After all this, we all got to see our gifts, played a bunch of Just Dance 3 on the Wii (which is oodles of fun lemme tell ya) and some resting after an hour long night sleep, it was the following day and I went to my Uncle's for Christmas.

We always have fun at their house (we brought Just Dance 3 along and I watched Glee in the car ride there) especially because I get to have more of my mom's Apple Pie (so Divine!) and a lot of awesome food. We were a bit late since we had to drive my grandfather there so the food was already out when we got there and it was delicious. They always have these delicious potatoes and I had 3 servings of those. My family doesn't mess around when it comes to food. And the dessert... mmmm... yum! But I don't want to bother you with that since I have pretty pictures to show.

After all this, and some Just Dance 3 (some hilarious videos right there), it was gift time and this is what I got from my Uncle, the host:

0102121238.jpg

I actually asked for this for DIS-related purposes. For those of you who read my last TR know that I made a slideshow after and I'm clearly obsessed with making those, but I needed to update so voila! It is a bit slow at the moment, but I'm just trying to break it in a little to speed it, but I'll be using it soon enough :teeth:

Then, from my Aunt (not married to my Uncle, but my mom's sister), it was all about books there:

0102121240.jpg

I think Santa could learn a thing or two about what you can do with money for buying clothes and get all this great reading material :goodvibes

Lastly, from my grandfather, I got a little bit of money, always very handy :) And after that, everyone left... but it wasn't over for us yet...

The following day, we had a party at my house to see my dad's side of the family. This day didn't turn out to be as Christmas-y as planned, but that involved a lot of family drama which I won't talk about too much, but again, great food (more Apple Pie!) and it was great to see the family, even though it became a bit crazy. Anyways, onto the pictures.

From my uncle, I got...

downsized_0102121223.jpg

Yeah, some more laptop accessories. For those who are confused, one is a cooling pad I put on my lap, to regulate the laptop's heat, something I was very concerned about after my old laptop started to over-heat. Then, on top of it is a wireless mouse, which I definitely needed since the mouse pads aren't always user friendly or reliable :/

Moving along from my aunt (my dad's older sister), I got...

downsized_0102121241.jpg

A FLEECE! Now, I'm usually not one for clothing, but this was something I definitely needed. It was originally green, but when I wore it my mom and I deemed it a bit too small so she got a new one, but couldn't find green so we got blue. All-in-all, it's the thought that counts and the spirit of giving (though we didn't trade this one in).

Lastly, from my other uncle (the youngest in my dad's family)...

0102121240a.jpg

Again, iTunes gift cards are always nice to have :thumbsup2

Thus, that day ended the Christmas season for us. We had a lot of fun and I think we will definitely remember it for years to come. (I HAVE VIDEOS!) I hope everyone else had just as an awesometacular one as I did :)

Now, for New Year's, we didn't really do much actually. Usually we have a small little party at our house, but my parents left for a party so my sisters and I just enjoyed ourselves at home. Also, my sister and I had friends over the night before so we weren't in the mood to do much. Anyways... I was freaking out the whole night too, knowing they were going to reveal the "One More Disney Day" promotion and when I found out, I freaked out some more and now my year has been brightened and hopefully will not be Disney-less. Also, I was anxious to see what Lady Gaga was going to where lol

Today, I am not feeling well at all. I woke up this morning, my throat all flemmy, my nosing running and I'm sneezing up a storm. I also feel achy and just not myself at all today, which is sad because I was supposed to go running and driving with my dad :( Today is also the last day of vacation so school starts up again tomorrow and in the coming week (well the following week), I am auditioning for our school musical Anything Goes, always very exciting and then there is also more swim team and stuff going on, so I will be busy again, but I need more DIS because of that so I will be on more often and hopefully I will be bearing some good news.

Now, I'm going to get on with watching some Disney movies to brighten the New Year a little. Have a Magical New Year everyone!

:maleficen

Cool presents Timmy!! I got a pillow pet, Cars 2, Winnie the Pooh, ANT Farm, Demi Lovato and Scotty McCreery's CDs, the Disney Universe Wii Game, some Disney pins, etc.

Cool presents Timmy!! I got a pillow pet, Cars 2, Winnie the Pooh, ANT Farm, Demi Lovato and Scotty McCreery's CDs, the Disney Universe Wii Game, some Disney pins, etc.

Thanks Kaitlin! I was so grateful to have such a great Christmas (and receive awesome gifts). Ooooo... that's really cool, but ANT Farm? Sorry I'm pretty much avoiding Disney channel now WOWP is over. :/ But that's cool you got the Disney Universe Game! Oh how I would love to have that (even though I'd be the only one in my house playing it lol) Hope you had a nice Christmas and have a great new year too :teeth:

Thanks. You too Timmy. I'm sad that Wizards of Waverly Place is over

I didn't watch it a ton, because it happened when I was slowly floating away from Disney Channel and watching other (better) television, but that was one of the last I watched. It was trending on Twitter last night so I checked it out. SOOO happy Alex won the Wizard competition, if the other two won I would've been so angry. GO ALEX! :cool1:

AND THE RAIN, RAIN, RAIN CAME DOWN, DOWN, DOWN

So, this is just a quick update since I don't have a lot to update on since I really wrote a lot on the last one but I didn't want to leave this PTR untouched for over a week so I think I'll be doing more pre-reviews of Disneyland rides since I haven't done any of that and if I'm going to win that sweepstakes I should be looking at options, but before that I have another topic to address.

For those who were here before I made my PTR into a DL PTR, I was originally planning to go to WDW and with this Sweepstakes Disney is holding I'm actually reconsidering. While I think DL would be a better experience I miss my EPCOT, DHS and AK. I've also been reading SOOO many WDW TRs, there is so much I want to do that I've missed. I've also been keeping up with a lot of reliable Disney fan sites and there is so much going on I want to enjoy so I've put it back on the plate, but if I don't win or my thoughts change, DL it is! There are also some even bigger changes that will come with that...

I don't want to give too much away so I don't make a mega-update like that last one, but I think for this trip Nate won't be going. Though we're really good friends, stress hasn't been doing me good lately (especially during the past week) and trying to figure out with how we'll be getting him to WDW that would take a TON of planning. So, Jocelyn will be joining the crew again and she's very eager to go. Same with my mom! I've also wanted to add a third person, my friend, Margaret. The trip allows 4 so I added her and there is also this reason: Margaret is a Disney Hater. Yes, call it what you will, Mickey Hater, Anti-DISer, etc. She doesn't like the place. She had a bad experience and really believes that's what Disney is about. Jocelyn and I want to show her what Disney is all about and change her mind since we've gone many times and always have a great time. I will give her a better bio later.

And that's the crew... my sisters may end up going in place and it will be a family vacation whatever comes of it, but we'll see when the time comes and if we win (which is probably highly unlikely (NOT)).

Now onto my pre-reviews which will be for today: California Screamin' and Grizzly River Run...

I'll start with CALIFORNIA SCREAMIN':

tumblr_los69apjtF1qi7900o1_500.jpg

As I mentioned before this is me going out on a limb with this ride. I'm a ride wimp for most of you who aren't familiar with my TRs. The scariest ride I've probably been on is actually Tower of Terror and that's not a lot (unless you think EE is worse). I usually enjoy scary rides once I get on, but it's a process getting me on it, but I really want to go on this. It looks really cool and I love the whole theming behind the ride. I also want to ride that Mickey mouse loop :thumbsup2 So, I will totally be pushing myself here.

Now for GRIZZLY RIVER RUN:

grizzly_river_run-19630.jpg

I'm wicked excited about this. I feel like such a bad DISer for saying it, but I was disappointed by Kali River Rapids. I just wish you got more wet on it and it went faster and longer. It's just such a short ride. Grizzly River Run looks a ton better. It has the biggest drop for the ride of its kind in the world AND YOU SPIN GOING DOWN IT! Oh, I'm totally excited for this. I hope it lives up to my expectations ::yes::

So those are my pre-reviews, say what you have opinionated on these attractions, I'd LOVE to hear. I value other people's opinions more than anything.

Now, I want to update on my life since it kinda shows why I updated this update the way I did. I mentioned earlier in the update how my past week wasn't exactly a very favorable one. After my last update, I got sick and was out of school for two days and came back still sick. It really wore me down for some reason and it attributed to a tired weekend and some things happened I won't talk about but it wasn't good and I'm starting to get nervous about what happened. I won't say much, but I think I've gotten fully over whatever bug and I had. It's all good, if you want to know. :)

Yeah, way to end on a serious note, Timmy! Way to be! LOL Well, as I always end with...

I hope you all have a Magical Week!

OK, catching up. Looks like you got some nice Christmas gifts. YEAH for Glee DVDs. Gotta love it.

I totally get what you're saying about missing Epcot/DHS/DAK if you still go to Disneyland because that's exactly how I felt before my first trip. I had been so used to WDW that I feared DL would be boring. :rolleyes1 At the end of the day, a Disney park is a Disney park and it's great being at any of them!

Now onto those 2 rides you mentioned. California Screamin was pretty cool. Grizzly River Run was fun too, but I probably would've liked it a lot more had we not already been drenched from the pouring rain that day. When we got off I think my dad, sister and I all weighed about 50 pounds more because our clothes were soaked (this was in December, so we were in jeans, sweatshirts, and jackets!).

That sounds like great plans Timmy. Unfortunately, they don't have the Mickey loop anymore since they are re-doing California Adventure. I'm not going back to WDW until 2014 :scared1:

OK, catching up. Looks like you got some nice Christmas gifts. YEAH for Glee DVDs. Gotta love it.

Hi Sarah! Glad to see you back around these parts. Yup, definitely did. Glee DVDs are always awesome :thumbsup2

I totally get what you're saying about missing Epcot/DHS/DAK if you still go to Disneyland because that's exactly how I felt before my first trip. I had been so used to WDW that I feared DL would be boring. :rolleyes1 At the end of the day, a Disney park is a Disney park and it's great being at any of them!

Like I don't fear DLR will be boring, just the fact what is in WDW isn't in DLR and I want them to be there. Expedition Everest, my favorite ride, is not in DLR so that is what will always pull me back to WDW, but I still want to go. We'll just have to wait and see how events unfold.

Now onto those 2 rides you mentioned. California Screamin was pretty cool. Grizzly River Run was fun too, but I probably would've liked it a lot more had we not already been drenched from the pouring rain that day. When we got off I think my dad, sister and I all weighed about 50 pounds more because our clothes were soaked (this was in December, so we were in jeans, sweatshirts, and jackets!).

Thanks Sarah! That's good to know. Hopefully it won't rain while I'm there, but I guess Grizzly River Run is off the list. 50 pounds... doesn't sound like fun :sad2:

That sounds like great plans Timmy. Unfortunately, they don't have the Mickey loop anymore since they are re-doing California Adventure. I'm not going back to WDW until 2014 :scared1:

Thanks Kaitlin! Awwww... really I was so excited to ride that. They still have the loop there though... it just isn't Mickey, right? Either way it still seems like fun. :)

Your trip sounds like great fun!
I was adamant they still had the Mickey Ears on the loop on Screamin but I just looked at my photos from my trip and alas they weren't there. Definitely one of my favourite rides but it wasn't as much of a thrill than what I was expecting.

Yes, they still have the loop there. They just don't have mickey anymore.

Wow, way to be Disney people! Removing Mickey from TWO parks... not cool.

Your trip sounds like great fun!
I was adamant they still had the Mickey Ears on the loop on Screamin but I just looked at my photos from my trip and alas they weren't there. Definitely one of my favourite rides but it wasn't as much of a thrill than what I was expecting.

I'm so excited for it. Yeah, I saw earlier you had written about it still being there, but I'm sad to hear it truly is gone. I don't understand how even with the re-theming they get rid of that, I mean, that pretty much iconizes the ride. But either way can't wait to go on it :thumbsup2

Oh and :welcome: to my PTR!

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE AND IS A BLESSING

I seem to be making big decisions when it comes to all my online activities, though I think this one is a bit bigger. So... I've made a tough decision and hopefully it will be for the better. I've decided...

I will NO longer be pushing a trip to Disneyland and SoCal.

Yup... I've made it and it makes me so sad to actually announce it. As I've observed, the more I bring up Disney and having a trip, the more my parents get angry about it and are more averted to the idea. Though I personally don't want to wait a year or so until I go again, maybe my chances are better then. I don't know, but unless my mom asks where we want to go on vacation, I'll bring it up but as of now, I don't think there will be any further discussion, since I think that's the only way I'll be able to get to the next trip. So, I will be putting this PTR on hold. There will be no true planning from here on out within this PTR, I may post random life updates as well as a mini-TR from my Quebec trip, but no true Disney trip stuff, but of course, I can't fully throw Disney to the wind so there will be Disney talk when it arises and who knows maybe there is a trip on the horizon just waiting to show itself :)

Okay, now onto some updates on my not-so amazing life ;)

So... I did get into Anything Goes. I am playing the role of the Ship's Purser, not an extremely big role, but still I'm very excited. We've read through the script and the show is hilarious. If I can, I will have to get one of my stage crew friends to film me during rehearsal for you all when tech week comes around (which won't be for awhile), but that's something to look for.

Also, on an update of the Quebec trip, I got my PASSPORT!!!! Very exciting! I also have to pass in my room assignment requests tomorrow. I'm starting to get very anxious, but... only TWO MONTHS!! How time flies :teeth: It's also nerve-wracking since I'm having trouble picking who I want to room with. Hopefully I just won't be placed with people I don't want to be near at all or who could cause some trouble for me.

Well, that's it for this update. I will be catching up soon on all your TRs since I disappeared for a bit because of school work.

As always, Have A Magical Day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter