Coming to Reverse Maleficent's Curse! A 16th Birthday to Disneyland PTR (COMPLETE)

I second the video camera idea Timmy.

Thanks Kaitlin! I'm definitely using one :-)

We were there celebrating Kody's birthday and they spelled her name wrong. Even after I had called numerous times to make sure that the cake was going to be right. When the Mad Hatter realized that Kody's name was spelled right he made a big deal out of it. He ran to the kitchen and got a tube of icing and fixed it from a C to a K. He almost made it seem intentional so it was all okay. Had he of not done that we would have had a sad little girl on our hands.

Awwww... that's so funny. I love it when characters really get involved and make for some very magical experiences. I can only imagine how the Mad Hatter reacted :laughing:

If you get the chance to sit at Coca Cola Corner and watch the Mad Hatter lead Alice and others in a game of musical chairs do it. It is a great fun thing to watch.

If you get the chance to sit at Coca Cola Corner and watch the Mad Hatter lead Alice and others in a game of musical chairs do it. It is a great fun thing to watch.

I've heard about that... maybe I'll end up participating instead lol

Hi Timmy! Long time no talk. I love your PTR though. The Lion King poster pictures were very nice! I'm a bad Disney fan, I know, but...I've never seen it before. :scared1: I saw it on Broadway when I was 5 though, just not the movie! About your school trip, I love Manhattan but I'd go with Quebec! It's not like you get the opportunity to go there everyday. :) We need to catch up REAAAAALLY soon, I've missed talking to you!!

Hi Timmy! Long time no talk. I love your PTR though. The Lion King poster pictures were very nice! I'm a bad Disney fan, I know, but...I've never seen it before. :scared1: I saw it on Broadway when I was 5 though, just not the movie! About your school trip, I love Manhattan but I'd go with Quebec! It's not like you get the opportunity to go there everyday. :) We need to catch up REAAAAALLY soon, I've missed talking to you!!

Hi Stephanie! Oh my gosh it has been forever. Sorry I haven't updated in awhile. Thanks :-) Oh you MUST see the Lion King, the BEST Disney movie EVER! But you got to see the Broadway version and I REALLY want to see that *jealous* So that makes up for it. Yeah, that was my #1 choice, Quebec, Manhattan second choice... I'm supposed to be finding out next week or the week after. Depends on how long it takes my teachers to sort us out.

We really do... we still need to talk about that tumblr we were going to put together! *gasp*

Hi Timmy!! It's been a while since I last posted on here. :scared1:

Hi Kaitlin! It's okay, I haven't updated in awhile, but I'll update as soon as I can, once I've caught up on my TRs :thumbsup2

HELLO EVERYONE!

I'm SOOOO sorry I haven't updated this TR in awhile. I've been a bit busy the past two weeks with school work and some other stuff and just didn't have time to update. I've also been a lot more tired than usual so that hindered me from allowing extra computer time non-school related. So I wanted to let you know that, as to let you know I haven't forgotten about this PTR.

I also want to mention for those who were reading my April '10 TR and thinking I completed it, well... it isn't. I still had two more updates left, but I guess my absence proved to be the moment for it to be closed. I am amending that at this moment and it will be opened back up soon enough :thumbsup2

Now, onto this trip... as of this moment, there has really been not a lot of progress. Nate and I haven't talked in awhile so I don't know how things are going on his end and I haven't been on the Southwest site in awhile, either. It keeps on getting closer and closer to December, the month when I had hoped everything would be booked, so I guess I gotta start cracking the whip now, especially with the payments for my school trip coming my way and Christmas and... yeah, so I don't want to get caught in that when I ask, "So, are we going to book the flight?" :sad2:

Now, about the school trip, since I'm sure a lot are wondering and I've let it in the air since my last update, but yes, I did end up choosing Quebec as my number one choice, though I don't know if that will be the trip I go on. Manhattan was second of course than the one that goes basically up and down the East Coast, this Amazing Race-esque one and lastly DC. I'm hoping to find out this week or next week since that's when my teachers say they will have it decided by. I'm crossing my fingers they have been doing this when not grading our projects and essays.

Besides that, nothing has really been going on in my life lately. I mean, Homecoming was last week, but being me, I didn't go. I'm not a fan of dances, but maybe next year I'll end up going to them again, since I don't have the urge to go at the moment, unless it's something really big like Prom, but I'm not a Junior so... it's not my thing. But Halloween's around the corner so maybe I'll have some stories from that, though this may be my first year not trick-or-treating... sad isn't it?

Well, that's all that's going on at the moment. I want to tell all my DISFriends going down to the happiest place on Earth for some Not So Scary Halloween festivities to have an awesome time! I'll probably comment on your PTRs soon enough, but this is just in case.

Have A Magical Day!

:maleficen

If you choose Quebec, you will not be disappointed, I promise you that! It is absolutely beautiful!

Glad things are going well and hope even though you've decided not to trick or treat that you'll enjoy Halloween all the same (it's my birthday, you could celebrate that)!

Hope you have a great week hon!

If you choose Quebec, you will not be disappointed, I promise you that! It is absolutely beautiful!

That was my #1 choice so I can't wait to go! Hopefully if I do end up going there, it will snow since I've heard in some past years, the unpredictable weather has hindered the group from doing some activities, but we'll see :-)

Glad things are going well and hope even though you've decided not to trick or treat that you'll enjoy Halloween all the same (it's my birthday, you could celebrate that)!

I really hope so... I'll probably end up just walking through my town's center with my dad unless I have a lot of homework then I'll be home, but who knows. Oh, that's so cool! I wish my birthday was consistently on a holiday :goodvibes I'll totally be celebrating that :teeth:

Hope you have a great week hon!

Thanks! :) You too!

TRIPLE MOUNTAIN WHAMMY!

Hello ladies and gents who are hopefully still wandering the sad wasteland that is my PTR. Sorry I haven't updated. I was prepared to update awhile back, but I guess fate had other plans. I think the biggest bump in the road was the freak snow storm that passed through. I was without power for three days and so lost time on catching up on TRs. Along with my phone and iPod ending up in the watch, which stressed me out for awhile, so the reason why I'm updating tonight rather than when I got power back, but I promise the updates will be more frequent after this.

So moving on from my depressing life into updating on the trip. Well... while I thought things were looking up, they are looking down at the moment. My mom keeps on getting mad at me whenever I bring up Disneyland and a trip, saying how it's just not going to happen. I haven't done much of researching and crunching numbers, so maybe that's a reason, but I'm still pushing for the trip. Confidence is key, right?

I'll just continue now with talking about some more Disneyland attractions and I'm guessing if you read above, this post is all about the Triple Mountain Whammy:

tumblr_lm306bjRT61qhi766o1_500.png

WHAM! WHAM! WHAM!

Needed to talk about some Stacey with this, because she says it best right? Well, to make it more simple for people who still don't understand what I'm talking about, I'm talking about... Splash Mountain, Space Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Three classic E-ticket Disney attractions, though very similar to their Florida counterparts I'm very excited to ride them out in Disneyland.

First up, is Splash...

Disneyland+Rides+Splash+Mountain_splash-mountain.jpg

Splash Mountain has to be one of my all-time favorite Disney attractions. I just love water rides and Splash has to be the best. I know, the basic difference is the logs and the theme-ing and songs are a bit different because it isn't in Frontierland, but put in Critter Country. Also, all my friends and I really enjoy making some crazy on-ride photos and splash is probably the best to do it on. We are still planning it since our on-ride photos must be uniquely awesome :thumbsup2

Next, is Space...

Space-Mountain-adrenaline-at-Disneyland-PAris.jpg

Space Mountain is probably my favorite Disney attraction. It was my first roller coaster and totally deserves the top spot in my favs. I've heard the DL version is also much better than the WDW version so it will be tons of fun to ride this. Of course, we also have the on-ride photo to add to it. It will be interesting seeing how I enjoy it in the only other Disney park I've been to :-)

Lastly, Big Thunder...

BigThunder2.jpg

BTMRR is probably the Disney ride I've ridden the most. It is such a fun ride and the classics just don't come around as often these days. Sadly, this ride doesn't have on-ride photos, but still I'm excited to ride it. From seeing the pictures and videos of the ride, it does look a bit different and I've heard it's better as well. I can't wait to ride and see if I like it at DL more or less :)

Yup, so that's basically the update, sorry it wasn't longer. I'll just leave you off with some really cool remix videos of classic Disney movies. These are really cool, so definitely check them out-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Za-V_lhwGg&list=FLu7lKgJj1t3wRnMlV1Jdmig&index=6&feature=plpp_video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAwR6w2TgxY&feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs1bG6BIYlo&feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbD5ke7xqww&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_htoSaQFf4&feature=related

Hope you enjoy! :goodvibes

Have A Magical Day!

:maleficen

Love the update Timmy!! I have been to both WDW and DLR. Being from Southern California, I have been to Disneyland more. Your birthday is exactly two weeks before mine (only I'm a year older than you). One of my close BFFs has been to WDW but only once. The other has never been :scared1: I am not returning to WDW until 2014 (when I graduate high school).

Love the update Timmy!! I have been to both WDW and DLR. Being from Southern California, I have been to Disneyland more. Your birthday is exactly two weeks before mine (only I'm a year older than you). One of my close BFFs has been to WDW but only once. The other has never been :scared1: I am not returning to WDW until 2014 (when I graduate high school).

Thanks Kaitlin! Oh, I'm so jealous, I'm so far away from both, so it's a bit more costly and takes a lot more energy to make these trips happen. Oh wow, another May birthday! WOOT! :-) That's really cool your friend has been. Most of my friends have been and my closer friends have been enough to be able to understand what I do when I'm walking around the "World". :thumbsup2 That's when I hope to go back to WDW, since I graduate in 2014 as well :goodvibes The original plan was it was supposed to be a big DISMeet, but that's kinda fallen through since the people I planned it with, I haven't talked to in awhile. Oh well, maybe it will come back again :teeth:

You know I love the triple mountain whammy too! The other thing we found weird about the DL version of Splash Mountain is that it seemed much faster than the one in WDW. :confused3 My dad jokingly referred to it as the "Splash Mountain Speedway." Maybe they've changed it since we were there but it didn't seem to drift along like it does in Florida.

That snowstorm sure did wreck havoc for all of you didn't it? Hope things are getting back to normal!

I'm sure your mom is going to come around...we have a way of caving into our kiddies;)

You know I love the triple mountain whammy too! The other thing we found weird about the DL version of Splash Mountain is that it seemed much faster than the one in WDW. :confused3 My dad jokingly referred to it as the "Splash Mountain Speedway." Maybe they've changed it since we were there but it didn't seem to drift along like it does in Florida.

Haha yes, true to any DISer I'm sure :-) Oh that's interesting. Log flumes tend to move fast with the actual logs rather than the huge logs, I hope not though. I like to enjoy my Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah Ride :teeth:

That snowstorm sure did wreck havoc for all of you didn't it? Hope things are getting back to normal!

Yeah, it was unexpected and was so shocking with the damage, but these storms we've had the past few years have been awful, so we're starting to get used to it. Most things are back to normal except for the fact I was walking through little banks of snow while trick-or-treating tonight and it's FALL! Yikes! And the fact I wasn't trick-or-treating on Halloween. Scary stuff ;)

I'm sure your mom is going to come around...we have a way of caving into our kiddies;)

Oh, I hope so, but I think she just wants me to shut up about Disney at this point :laughing:

Sorry to hear about the snowstorm. I live near the beach so I don't have to worry about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter