Coming from the Great White North in August, what are we thinking? We're back!

Hello, is anyone out there?:confused3 Please don't tell me I'm posting too many pictures or I am boring you all to death:scared1: Or maybe everyone is away for the weekend....yeah that must be it:rotfl2:

Queenofallthings and Jasmine have never been here(in Norway) Finally something they have never done:cool1: That's what you have to love about Disney, it doesn't matter how many times you go there is always something more to do that's new to you. The pic are from 2004 in January and dh was ill that day so it was just dd8(3 at the time) and I and it was so cold that morning I had to buy her a blanket for the stroller:scared1: She had this sleeveless dress on with a mesh jacket. Didn't really keep her warm and the bus seemed to take forever, I thought we were going to be late. After picking up the stroller and the blanket I practically ran there and they were just getting a little girl prepared to open the reataurant. :woohoo: Glad we didn't miss it. I wa so nauseated due to my pregnancy that morning too but the food was good. The kids know this time queenofallthings wants a picture of herself with Belle before the children are allowed in the shot:rotfl2:

The staff outside the restaurant
DSC00270.jpg

The little girl who got to open the restaurant
DSC00271.jpg

The food between us
DSC00273.jpg

Snow White
DSC00274.jpg

Mulan
DSC00275.jpg

Mary Poppins (I love her in this costume)
DSC00276.jpg

Jasmine (she must have been cold too)
DSC00277.jpg

Princess Aurora
DSC00278.jpg

Maybe we'll visit this store and leave some $$$ behind.
JBsDisney2006019.jpg

Can you believe how empty World Showcase is?
JBsDisney2006022.jpg

More EPCOT
JBsDisney2006026.jpg

I don't have any pics of Tony's Town Square but I have been there before. When Crystal Palace was being refurbished the characters were there. The food was great.

I'm here. Yes, I was away for the weekend. Look for me on TGM too. I go by the same name.

We had to draw names and seating assignments for the window seat and who gets to sit with Auntie aka Queenofalthings on the plane trips. Things go much smoother when there is a plan in place for Mini-Montana. dd8 is really flexible and gives in to her sis all the time because she thinks that's the right thing to do.

We're flying with Airtrans and Jetblue so we pre-booked our seats. It was worth paying the extra money to avoid that southwest cattle call boarding (although when southwest came out with their flights it turns out I didn't do too badly in comparison so Yeah Me!). I thought my kids would never make it through that. We did it when our youngest was under 4 so we got priority seating but still it was stressfull.

My kids already know where they are sitting/beside who they are sitting and have inspected the diagrams of the planes to figure out their closest emergency exits.

We have plans and rules for everything. Many times my kids will say to each other "That's not the rule!". Apparently flexibility and fun do not mix well with my gang.

I love rules:thumbsup2 I'm a big rule follower myself.:rotfl2: Getting the kids to get on board...well we're getting there. I believe dd8 has inherited the rule gene so she's quick to point out when they are not being followed:love:

I'm still here too! We took a short 'trip' to Grand Forks for a few days..lol I am loving all of your pics! You guys must be getting sooooo excited!!

I'm still here too! We took a short 'trip' to Grand Forks for a few days..lol I am loving all of your pics! You guys must be getting sooooo excited!!

Excited doesn't even come close:banana: I mostly finished packing dd8 today. I just have myself left and some shoes, snacks and carry-ons to finish. I got my hair cut and colored today and went for a "tune-up" at physio. I have a bad back and am doing everything to make sure it doesn't bother me when we are away. Hope you had fun in GF. Did you buy anything for your trip?

:mickeyjum :mickeyjum :mickeyjum :mickeyjum
4 mickeys for 4 days left!

Thanks so much. I can hardly believe it:banana: :cool1:

So last night I was catching up on some tr's I have been following and I thought I would check on a blog I have been reading. It's for a friend of a friend's little boy who was battling a rare form of cancer. He turned a year old in April and he died on Sunday. I was just going to check and see how he was doing and I read that he had died. I felt so sad and planning this vacation seemed like I shouldn't be so happy. As I reflected I just remembered that we have to treasure every day we have with our children and families and do things like vacations. Do not put off until tomorrow what you can do today. I know that's for procrastinators but it fits so well into real life, you only have today, so live today to it's fullest.

Sorry to be a downer, I just thought I'd share. I'm not doing pictures tonight. Maybe I'll feel like it in the morning.

Thanks for reading:)

I was just going to write to tell you to have fun on your trip and all that when I read your last post. Yeah, I don't even feel like it right now either and I didn't even know the little boy. But maybe this week when the girls are making you dangle at the end of your rope just look at their sweet faces and be glad they're there to get on your nerves.

And make sure you go see the Finding Nemo show. Crush's "Go With The Flow" song gets me through a rough spot now and again. And that show always makes me cry even when I'm just listening to it.

I was just going to write to tell you to have fun on your trip and all that when I read your last post. Yeah, I don't even feel like it right now either and I didn't even know the little boy. But maybe this week when the girls are making you dangle at the end of your rope just look at their sweet faces and be glad they're there to get on your nerves.

And make sure you go see the Finding Nemo show. Crush's "Go With The Flow" song gets me through a rough spot now and again. And that show always makes me cry even when I'm just listening to it.

Thanks alot Hypermommy. I will remember that when I am at the end of my rope:rotfl2: Are you talking about Nemo the Musical? We have never seen it so we are going to try and see it, if I'm not a puddle of melting flesh, when we're there.

I am so tired tonight I can hardly stay awake. I think all the excitement and poor sleeps have finally caught up with me:scared1: I think my brain is on overload and I've misplaced two things that I did manage to find but not before some serious "I think I'm losing my mind" feelings:confused3

The girls and I had someone come to the house to do pedicures and I also got a manicure and a brow wax. The girls were so cute, being so grown up:love: Mini Montana went to bed crying with a tummy ache. She had some tylenol and fell asleep really fast. Hopefully it as nothing more than not enough sleep and lots of excitement:woohoo:

I'll try and post again over the next two days before we go. We are taking our laptop with us so you may see me check in once in a while:surfweb:

I'm going to bed now:rolleyes1

I am sorry to hear about your friends little boy.:angel:

I gave my kids a big just because hug today.

Perhaps you can find a way to honour his life while you are at Disney. On another trip report I was reading a good friend (her principal) passed away just before her trip. She decided to buy some extra glow in the dark bracelets to pass out as her tribute to him.

I am sorry to hear about your friends little boy.:angel:

I gave my kids a big just because hug today.

Perhaps you can find a way to honour his life while you are at Disney. On another trip report I was reading a good friend (her principal) passed away just before her trip. She decided to buy some extra glow in the dark bracelets to pass out as her tribute to him.

That's a neat idea. I believe they are setting up a recreation fund in his honour at the local community center.

I am sorry to hear about the little one passing!! That is such a hard thing to deal with. I too was following a blog of a little girl with cancer, and she too passed, I cried about it, even DH did. I am sorry to hear that you haven't been getting much sleep!! I hope that last night was different and that you will have a great sleep tonight!!!

Are you talking about Nemo the Musical? We have never seen it so we are going to try and see it, if I'm not a puddle of melting flesh, when we're there.

Yes, exactly that. First off... it's in A/C so definitely go see it. But another thing I just love about it is the music. The story's good enough -- you know... where the last words Nemo says to his father are "I hate you"? I've got a 15yo that we've been through some rough times with and every time i hear the music from that show I think of him. But the music is what MAKES the show for me. It just adds such an element. And the show goes on all around you at times. It's really, really good! Don't miss it.

In fact, just looking at the date, you might not get this until you get back. Have a blast!

I am sorry to hear about the little one passing!! That is such a hard thing to deal with. I too was following a blog of a little girl with cancer, and she too passed, I cried about it, even DH did. I am sorry to hear that you haven't been getting much sleep!! I hope that last night was different and that you will have a great sleep tonight!!!

Thanks so much. I went to log on to the DISboards last eve but the site was down:scared1: As you can see I am up in the middle of the night:confused3 I fell asleep fine but I guess I'm still too excited. It won't be this tomorrow when I have to be up in the night:lmao:

Yes, exactly that. First off... it's in A/C so definitely go see it. But another thing I just love about it is the music. The story's good enough -- you know... where the last words Nemo says to his father are "I hate you"? I've got a 15yo that we've been through some rough times with and every time i hear the music from that show I think of him. But the music is what MAKES the show for me. It just adds such an element. And the show goes on all around you at times. It's really, really good! Don't miss it.

In fact, just looking at the date, you might not get this until you get back. Have a blast!

I'm so glad I got your message. I look forward to seeing the musical. Thanks for letting me know it's in A/C.

I am hoping to get on here again tomorrow. I finished packing yesterday and the carry-ons are pretty much ready. The kids have more snacks than they need but sometimes food makes them happy. Poor Jasmine says she's too nervous to eat:confused3 How is that even posssible? I guess I'll eat her share:rotfl2: I can't believe it's here:banana:

I guess I'm shocked that I'm not still running around with a million things left to do. I made dd3's birthday invites last eve so they are ready to mail when we get back. The cleaning ladies are coming tomorrow so just some tidying up to do. We'll eat out tomorrow night and I'm getting the kids up early so they'll be ready for bed at 7:woohoo:

As I said we'll be taking the laptop so I hope to be checking in a couple of times when we're away, if I get a turn at the computer:rotfl:

As you can see I am up in the middle of the night I fell asleep fine but I guess I'm still too excited. It won't be this tomorrow when I have to be up in the night

Oh yes, you will be excited then too plus a little paniced making sure that you haven't forgotton anything.

As I said we'll be taking the laptop so I hope to be checking in a couple of times when we're away, if I get a turn at the computer

You just tell your family that "YOUR public are expecting you".

As I said we'll be taking the laptop so I hope to be checking in a couple of times when we're away, if I get a turn at the computer:rotfl:

Oh, come on, girlfriend! Yer the momma!! Surely your family knows that if momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy! :rotfl2:

Well sounds like things are nicely under control!! I hope you have a great day, and everything goes well for you tomorrow!!! I will pop in later to see if there is any more updates before your trip, so if I don't see you later Have an AWESOME time!!!! Can't wait to hear about it when you get home!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter