Coming from the Great White North in August, what are we thinking? We're back!

I thought you might enjoy seeing some photos of past trips we've taken to WDW.

This is Queenofallthings and Jasmine in 2006. I've never had a photo with this crew. I've never seen them out. This was at EPCOT
JBsDisney2006139.jpg

More 2006, this was a trip they did just the two of them. Look how happy Jasmine is that her mom is snuggled up to Prince Charming:lmao:
JBsDisney2006175.jpg

My favorite, Eeyore.
JBsDisney2006213.jpg

The Stars and Motocars parade. I loved this parade!
JBsDisney2006097.jpg

Chip and Dale or as mini Montana calls them sometimes Chip and Dip.
JBsDisney2006034.jpg

Face painting from Animal Kingdom I believe.
JBsDisney2006035.jpg

Am empty EPCOT .
JBsDisney2006023.jpg

Our 2004 January trip with my parents. dd8 was almost 4 here and out for the count.
DSC00215.jpg

Toontown play area.
DSC00202.jpg

Donald at EPCOT before there was Character Connection. She was showing him some leaves she had found.
DSC00217.jpg

Hope you enjoyed them, more to come soon.

HAPPY CANADA DAY EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope everyone has a great day:banana: :woohoo:

39 days, 39 days, 39 days:banana: :banana: :banana:

We are so excited. We went to Lower Fort Garry yesterday for a few hours. It's where the Hudson's Bay Company was a long time ago and everyone is dressed in period costumes and stay in character. When we walked into the store the store keeper said "I suppose you don't want to buy anything and since you are all dressed in your underwear you could probably only afford this tin cup.":lmao: The kids weren't sure what to think. Then we went to another area and the fellow there was telling us men made 2 shillings a day and women made 1 shilling a day. He asked the kids if they thought that was fair? They of course just sat there mute and I said "no, that's not fair at all! DD8 says "MOOOOOM" in her most disgusted tone:rotfl2: We brought the spray fans because it was such a hot day and they worked great:thumbsup2 The kids were a little cranky but kept saying they weren't hot:lmao: I still have to scan photos of our first trip together. Jasmine had just turned 10 and dd8(Snow White) was almost 2 1/2. We had such a good time on that trip. I am severely computer illiterate so I need dh to show me how to save scanned photos.:headache:

Enjoy your day.

HAPPY CANADA DAY to you guys too!! We were out at Victoria Beach this weekend. My BIL and his wife rented a cabin out there for a week, so we went out for a visit. How was the Fargo visit?? We got some great deals out there last summer!! Woo Hoo for 39 days!!

HAPPY CANADA DAY to you guys too!! We were out at Victoria Beach this weekend. My BIL and his wife rented a cabin out there for a week, so we went out for a visit. How was the Fargo visit?? We got some great deals out there last summer!! Woo Hoo for 39 days!!

Lucky you. You must really be roughing it what with the internet and all:lmao:

Fargo was fun but not as much to buy this time.:confused: I wasn't very happy. I did get some shorts for dd8 and some Hannah Montana stuff for mini Montana. I managed to max out my limit however:rotfl2:

Hit the Disney store this week and was thrilled to see they had T-shirts for $3.99.

I loved yours when you posted them and I went ahead and got the Mickey's for all the guys and the Minnie's for all the girls.

Hey diamonintheruff great choice on the t-shirts:thumbsup2 Wherever you took that photo, we have the same floor:rotfl2: ours is in the main bath and the rose color is paler but it's otherwise the same. BTW where is Port Hope:confused3

We are at 5 weeks today and I'm at panic stations:scared1: How does it get to be so soon? I'm excited but thinking when it's over we have a week and then the kids will be back to school. I have to print off the packing lists and get started on them, and organize dd3's birthday party. She turns four a few days after we're back. I also want all the school supplies labelled. I need to lose 50 lbs in 5 wks too:rotfl2: I'm thinking that isn't going to be happening but I do need to buy new runners and break them in before we go. The trouble with going in the summer is everyone is wearing all their summer clothes. Makes it harder to prepack. The last week before we go everyone will be down to one pair of underwear and a t-shirt and pair of shorts:lmao:
Wish me luck:woohoo:
I was at work the other day and everyone was asking me about my summer plans and I of course told them about 2 wks at WDW and every single person said "again?!" What is wrong with these people:confused3 don't they know what a magical place it is?:love: :cloud9: :banana: :cool1:
Talk again soon.

Oh I forgot to mention....I had a particularly trying day with dd's yeasterday especially mini Montana. My sister was over and when she was leaving she said to the girls "what are the rules about the pool at Disney?" And Mini Montana replied..."no whining, no crying, and no carrying on":lmao: :rotfl2: And dd8 replied " or we don't get to go in the pool" We are using that to the fullest extent so it seems like they get it;) Now if only I could find something equally as depriving here at home:rolleyes1

Peg,

You just keep right on embarrassing those girls in public. Did you ever see "First Wives Club"? I'll never forget a line of Bette Midler's -- "I'm his mother. I'm supposed to give him something to talk to his therapist about." See... it's your duty.

Didn't the kids just get out of school???? Wish we'd get rid of this 2.5 month summer we have around here. DS14 is homeschooled so I keep him busy but DS12 is convinced that he shouldn't have to do any learning on his sacred summer vacation. But something they're going to do this weekend is read the Declaration of Independence and put it in modern language. They both hate the idea. Tough. It's good for them to understand it. Besides, I have to give them something to tell their therapist, right? <evil grin>

Wherever you took that photo, we have the same floor ours is in the main bath and the rose color is paler but it's otherwise the same. BTW where is Port Hope

Too funny that you have the same flooring. That picture was taken in the hallway to the back door.

If you take the 401 east from Toronto you'll hit Port Hope in about an hour. Provided it's not rush hour.

I had a panic about the time last night too. I started making some to-do and to-buy lists.

The trouble with going in the summer is everyone is wearing all their summer clothes. Makes it harder to prepack. The last week before we go everyone will be down to one pair of underwear and a t-shirt and pair of shorts
I know what you mean. At about three days away I like to have it all packed up and ready to go. If anyone dares to take anything out of their suitcase they have to leave an I OWE YOU note on top of it for that item. I find my DH is the worst offender.

Peg,

You just keep right on embarrassing those girls in public. Did you ever see "First Wives Club"? I'll never forget a line of Bette Midler's -- "I'm his mother. I'm supposed to give him something to talk to his therapist about." See... it's your duty.

Didn't the kids just get out of school???? Wish we'd get rid of this 2.5 month summer we have around here. DS14 is homeschooled so I keep him busy but DS12 is convinced that he shouldn't have to do any learning on his sacred summer vacation. But something they're going to do this weekend is read the Declaration of Independence and put it in modern language. They both hate the idea. Tough. It's good for them to understand it. Besides, I have to give them something to tell their therapist, right? <evil grin>

Ok I have to ask....why is only one home schooled...don't like him much or love him more than the other?:lmao: Declaration of Independence in modern language, doesn't that mean you have to know what it says:lmao: I'm impressed, wait until dd8 hears that. I've given her this past week off and next week we'll start with more reading and math:scared1: Yes they did get out of school June 29 and return Sept 3. I never realized how short summer was until she was in school. At least we are having warm weather finally except for those darn mosquitos:scared1: I will continue to embarrass her, it's one of my few pleasures in life:lmao:

Too funny that you have the same flooring. That picture was taken in the hallway to the back door.

If you take the 401 east from Toronto you'll hit Port Hope in about an hour. Provided it's not rush hour.

I had a panic about the time last night too. I started making some to-do and to-buy lists.

I know what you mean. At about three days away I like to have it all packed up and ready to go. If anyone dares to take anything out of their suitcase they have to leave an I OWE YOU note on top of it for that item. I find my DH is the worst offender.

Thanks for the tip on where you live. Glad to know I'm not the only one in panic mode:woohoo:

Hi all. I know, I know, I've been absent for quite a while.

14 days :banana: :banana: :cool1: :yay: :dance3: :cheer2:

In honor of the 14 day dance here is where we'll be in 14 days, enjoy

Home airport 4 am 2007
DSCF1439.jpg

Magical Express 2007
DSCF1441.jpg

All Star Music Broadway bldg room 7514
DSCF1442.jpg

Airplane enroute 2006
Fall2006Disney036.jpg

Airplane 2006 (how cute is she?)
Fall2006Disney038.jpg

I have a new toy on the plane 2006
Fall2006Disney040.jpg

Happy Limo to POP Century 2006
Fall2006Disney042.jpg

Airplane 2006
JBsDisney2006006.jpg

Airplane 2006
JBsDisney2006007.jpg

Airplane 2006
JBsDisney2006008.jpg

Wow!! Two weeks to go! You guys have got to be soooo excited!! Loved seeing your pics from the past trips! Ohhhh, I found misting fans at walmart in wpg! They have been spotted in the exercise and camping area! They were $8 each...I think you already have some, but thought I would mention it anyway!!

Another Canadian who cries when she sees the castle chiming in. Great report! Can't wait to hear about the trip. I actually faint when my body temperature rises too high - VERY embarrassing. DH said no more trips EVER between May and September. He's being so silly. Just because lat time we were there in September he was in the drug store trying to find Gravol for me (he couldn't because they only have something called Dramamine - good to know) and while he was gone I staggered from the car and passed out in the parking lot and someone called the paramedics and the fire department. Why did I not stay in the car? Good question. Anyway, I drank water but not nearly enough. It's a lot of water but a full Nalgene for everyone would be good. Just tell the girls they have to finish it by the end of the day. Best wishes for an amazing trip!

Ok I have to ask....why is only one home schooled...don't like him much or love him more than the other?:lmao: Declaration of Independence in modern language, doesn't that mean you have to know what it says:lmao: I'm impressed, wait until dd8 hears that. I've given her this past week off and next week we'll start with more reading and math:scared1: Yes they did get out of school June 29 and return Sept 3. I never realized how short summer was until she was in school. At least we are having warm weather finally except for those darn mosquitos:scared1: I will continue to embarrass her, it's one of my few pleasures in life:lmao:

Well, one of them (the youngest) is quite gregarious and fits in well at school. As much as I'd love to homeschool him he'd miss his friends too much. Now the other one (the eldest)... well, you know how some people march to the beat of their own drummer? Well, this kid... I swear he has his own band that follows him around!

Never did do the Declaration thing. Keep meaning to and probably will with the oldest. But yes, the point is that they understand what it says and means. It shocks me to see how this stupid teaching to the test crap that we have to put up with in public school is affecting our children. We've a whole generation of kids that can't tell you the difference between the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. It's really sad.

LOL at taking pleasure in embarrassing kids. Yep, I knew you were a girl after my own heart.

\It's a lot of water but a full Nalgene for everyone would be good. Just tell the girls they have to finish it by the end of the day.

Just want to reinforce this point. Don't know how big the Nalgene is (I've seen them in different sizes and the boys love them for camping), but definitely definitely definitely drink lots of water. Not soda, water. Remember "clear and copious". It will definitely make a huge difference in your trip. And before you go just read up on dehydration so you can recognize the symptoms. Sunburn is easy -- you know to keep sunscreen on and keep out of the sun as much as possible. Dehydration can be much more difficult to notice and to protect against and it can ruin your trip.

Okay... off my soapbox now.

Can't wait to read about the trip!!!!!!!!!!

Don't know how big the Nalgene is

I meant the big one - 32 ounce or 1 litre. You should actually drink two of these a day if you drink no other liquids but I am assuming that the kids will be drinking 250 mL juice with breakfast and snack, and 250 mL milk (maybe chocolate ;) ) with lunch and dinner.

Hi all, thanks so much for all your advice and comments. Just to let you all know dh is an ER doctor and I'm an ER nurse. So hopefully we'll recognize the s&s of dehydration:lmao: Or I'd better say we'll prevent dehydration if we have to sit on them and force the water down their throats:rotfl: More pictures to follow later today.

Actually today I sat out this afternoon for a few hours and it was so hot! We checked the weather and it was only 25C and 47% humidity:confused3 We are so going to melt.:headache: I seriously think the weather channel was wrong. Queenofallthings keeps telling me we are not going to melt and just suck it up:rolleyes1 I just keep thinking 14 days 24/7 with my miniMontana should snap her back to reality:laughing:

Here are some photos of past trips to Magic Kingdom. Our first day will be here.

WARNING! WARNING! CASTLE PICTURES AHEAD

Both my girls love Stitch when they see him and have never been afraid of him. Scared of Suzy and Pearla but not big furry alien with big teeth. This was fall 2006.
Fall2006Disney060.jpg

THE CASTLE no more words are needed.
DSC00194.jpg

My parents in front of the castle.
DSC00204.jpg

Another pic of the castle.
DSCF1499.jpg

Jasmine at MK.
DSCF1501.jpg

Queenofallthings' boyfriend (or so she likes to think)
DSCF1509.jpg

First day evening will be dinner at Le Cellier.
Fall 2006 coloring
Fall2006Disney131.jpg

Dh and dd8
Fall2006Disney134.jpg

Smore's dessert for dd8
Fall2006Disney136.jpg

Chocolate Moose
Fall2006Disney137.jpg

Outside Canada in EPCOT
Fall2006Disney138.jpg

Jasmine in Le Cellier after face painting.
JBsDisney2006035.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter