• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coming from the Great White North in August, what are we thinking? We're back!

We headed out to Downtown Disney about 6:30 pm and went to Earl of Sandwich and had their Tomato soup (so good) and a tuna melt. I split this with Queen. Boy you get a lot of food there. Who would have thought we’d be having soup in Florida in August because we were cold. I had brought two sweaters, one for each daughter, for the air conditioning. They wore them all of this week. Anyway we had fun wandering around DD and jasmine and the rest went over to the West Side to the Virgin store to buy some stuff. I looked around for birthday presents for dd3 who was turning 4 a few days after we got home. She had managed to fall asleep in the stroller that we rented at the scrapbooking store. We left around 10:10 that evening and Mini Montana slept in Queen’s room tonight.

Tomorrow is Animal Kingdom and day 3 of Faye. Rain Rain Go away!
It was still raining alot tonight but we were under overhangs for these pictures.
DSC03362.jpg

DSC03363.jpg

Boy it’s hard to believe...#1 that I only have 2 more park days to write about before we leave for home, and #2 it’s taken me 6 months to write about this trip! Thanks for all of you who have hung on with me, I really appreciate it!

So today is Animal Kingdom Day. I was up at 6:20 (I almost put we were up but it was always me up first because I take so long to get ready and like to be ready so I can focus on getting the children ready. We were at the bus by 8:20 and at AK by 8:30. That was a first for us being so early at a park. It was pouring rain this morning. There was hardly anyone in line at the turnstiles and we actually made it for rope drop (first time).
Rain, rain, go away!
DSC03364.jpg

Waiting for the bus.
DSC03365.jpg

We headed straight for Festival of the Lion King and in the whole building only the first two rows in each section had people in them! That tells you how few people were in the park that day. It was awesome because dd8 was asked to participate. We were in the giraffe section so she got to help teach us all how a giraffe sounds and apparently it’s “baaaa”. In the next few shots notice how few people there are in the theatre.

DSC03366.jpg

DSC03367.jpg

DSC03368.jpg

DSC03369.jpg

DSC03370.jpg

DSC03372.jpg

DSC03373.jpg

DSC03375.jpg

DSC03376.jpg

DSC03377.jpg

DSC03378.jpg

DSC03379.jpg

DSC03380.jpg

DSC03381.jpg

DSC03382.jpg

DSC03383.jpg

Then later she got to be up walking around with a shaker. We were so proud. She usually wants nothing to do with things like this; she gets embarrassed easily so never puts herself in those situations. She had such a great time and was grinning from ear to ear! As always, it was an awesome show. If you’ve never seen it you need to go.

DSC03384.jpg

DSC03385.jpg

DSC03386.jpg

DSC03387.jpg

DSC03388.jpg

DSC03389.jpg

DSC03390.jpg

DSC03391.jpg

DSC03392.jpg

DSC03393.jpg

Next up was the Kilimanjaro Safari. There was absolutely no wait. We walked through and there was a vehicle waiting and we hopped on. We saw lots of animals and I sure give credit to the people who remember the names of all the animals. I’m not one of those people, unfortunately. We did see lots of animals and took lots of pictures.

DSC03395.jpg

DSC03396.jpg

DSC03397.jpg

DSC03398.jpg

DSC03401.jpg

DSC03405.jpg

We then split up, our family went to the Nemo show and Jasmine and Queen probably went to EE again. We finished the safari at 1050 and headed over to the show for 11:30. The kids enjoyed the show, I kept nodding off so I guess I was tired and the show didn’t hold my attention. It’s good but I don’t know if I would see it again.

DSC03406.jpg

Studying the Hidden Mickey book.
DSC03407.jpg

Oh look! It's a hidden Mickey!
DSC03408.jpg

We met up with Jasmine and Queen and went to Restaurantaurus at 1220. There were lots of tables available and the sun was even peeking out a bit. Mini Montana and dd8 went on Triceratop Spin by themselves and had fun. After that we headed back to the bus stop and waited an eternity for a bus and what do you know when one arrived so did another!? I’m guessing lack of communication. By the time we got back it was after 2pm. The kids were tired but it’s so funny to hear them on the busses because they know the spiel off by heart now and recite it when it goes off on the bus. Mini Montana would say “take children by the small hand” instead of “take small children by the hand”. Too funny!
A picture we take everytime we're here.
DSC03409.jpg

DSC03410.jpg

DSC03411.jpg

Look...I'm twice the size of Jasmine! EEK!
DSC03412.jpg

DSC03413.jpg

Tonight is dinner in Epcot.

Mini montana and Queen are looking pretty similar in those bus pictures.

I confess to nodding off during nemo too. I think it's the time of day I went and the darkness. My kids were enchanted with it.

I can't believe how few people were in the lion king. It must have given the performance a whole different feel. My kids love that show. Jedi wants to be a monkey, Eeoyre wants to be one of the bird dancers where the lady is on the rope and gets thrown into the air and Cindy wants to a stilt walker. How old do they have to be for the college program anyway?

Mini montana and Queen are looking pretty similar in those bus pictures.

I confess to nodding off during nemo too. I think it's the time of day I went and the darkness. My kids were enchanted with it.

I can't believe how few people were in the lion king. It must have given the performance a whole different feel. My kids love that show. Jedi wants to be a monkey, Eeoyre wants to be one of the bird dancers where the lady is on the rope and gets thrown into the air and Cindy wants to a stilt walker. How old do they have to be for the college program anyway?

That bird and the monkeys are my favourite parts and those monkeys have some muscles:woohoo: The stilt walkers are amazing! It boggles my mind when they lift one leg up and kick...I can't even do that in high heels:rotfl2: Yeah, that college program sounds great doesn't it...it's really just an excuse to go down and check on our children....oh they're working, darn, guess I'll just have to check out the parks until they're off work:lmao:
Yeah, Mini Montana is Queen and just as much trouble as she was when we were little! Oh no not quite, she hasn't broken her sister's finger yet when she doesn't share her clothes:scared1:

FOTLK is my favourite show. It must have been really weird with so few people in the stands, almost like being at a rehearsal.

See, rain is a great thing sometimes, isn't it? Didn't spoil your enjoyment and AK can be such a hot park anyway, but you didn't have to deal with that.

Thanks for all the shots of FOTLK.... it's one of my fave shows. I just love the tumble monkeys!!!

Oh, I can't believe you didn't love Finding Nemo!!! Oh well, I guess we're at different stages. I can see either one of my Eating Machines running off in a fit of anger. And I always tear up when Marlin asks Crush how you know when they're ready and Crush replies you never really know but you have to go with the flow. That's become my theme song lately... trying to Go with the Flow and let these boys grow up.

Awwwww... yes, you should always take children by the small hand. Don't bother with their big hand! LOL How cute!!!

You may be twice the size of Jasmine but remember that you have twice the experience and wisdom. Even though she would never admit it!

Well, if you had just shared your clothes you wouldn't have the finger problems, so there. Yeah, you MUST be a younger sister.

I'm hoping I can talk my guys into doing the college program. I can't imagine a better indoctrination into the way to be successful at what you do than Disney. No matter what field they go into, attention to detail and customer service will be important so they might as well learn it right, right from the get-go.

FOTLK is my favourite show. It must have been really weird with so few people in the stands, almost like being at a rehearsal.

It was almost like a private show! We loved it, we had never sat so close before. I love the show too.

See, rain is a great thing sometimes, isn't it? Didn't spoil your enjoyment and AK can be such a hot park anyway, but you didn't have to deal with that.

Thanks for all the shots of FOTLK.... it's one of my fave shows. I just love the tumble monkeys!!!

Oh, I can't believe you didn't love Finding Nemo!!! Oh well, I guess we're at different stages. I can see either one of my Eating Machines running off in a fit of anger. And I always tear up when Marlin asks Crush how you know when they're ready and Crush replies you never really know but you have to go with the flow. That's become my theme song lately... trying to Go with the Flow and let these boys grow up.

Awwwww... yes, you should always take children by the small hand. Don't bother with their big hand! LOL How cute!!!

You may be twice the size of Jasmine but remember that you have twice the experience and wisdom. Even though she would never admit it!

Well, if you had just shared your clothes you wouldn't have the finger problems, so there. Yeah, you MUST be a younger sister.

I'm hoping I can talk my guys into doing the college program. I can't imagine a better indoctrination into the way to be successful at what you do than Disney. No matter what field they go into, attention to detail and customer service will be important so they might as well learn it right, right from the get-go.

Yes we were in favour of the rain that day! It is always such a hot park and I think that's why it's not my favorite but both days we were there it rained and we had such a good time.

OK I'll say it slowly so you get it, I"M THE OLDEST!!!!!! I know it's hard to believe because Queen looks so much older than me:lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2:

College program, yeah that would be great. Do they get a choice? Maybe you could just force it on them!

Finding Nemo, I remember you quoting that line before. It does make a difference at what stage we're in what tugs most at your heart doesn't it?

Thanks for checking in you two. I appreciate it!

Hey everyone, just checking in from sunny California. We're at Disneyland and having a fabulous time!:banana:WE're staying at the Grand Californian and got upgraded to a DCA view so we can see Soarin' and ToT from our room and well as Grizzly River Run. It's busier than stink here and hot today but we're managing. Having great character intereactions and meals. We're just chillin' in the room for now. I promise when we get home I will finish this up and not keep you hanging anymore. We have to start planning our trip for August so I'd better get last years finished up. Thanks for hanging in there. You all need to head here it's great.:banana:

Ohh an upgrade! How lovely! I do plan to get out there some day. I did Sea World and the San diego zoo but for some reason it never occured to me to go to Disneyland while I was out there? :confused3 You'll have to grace us with a few pictures if not a report. Maybe even a couple highlights of the differences between Disneyland and Disneyworld or something like that.

But yes, you do need to finish this report. Of course I still need to finish mine too. :rolleyes1

Ok everyone I'm almost done! I can't believe Diamond has finished hers and I can't even post on it. Now I am on a mission to finish mine. I'd like to start this year's pre trip for August. Ok let me get over to photobucket and get this thing finished!

So we get ready to go to the Rose and Crown for dinner tonight. I left early because I had to return 2 pins that I had bought twice! Can you say shopping problem? I also had to get the dye tag removed from a hat I had bought for dd8, they forgot to remove it when I bought it. I just went to Maestro Mickeys and everyone met there. It was pouring rain and the windiest it had been. We thought we would take a bus to HS and then take the boat to Epcot and it wouldn’t be a long walk to the restaurant and we wouldn’t have to stop for a stroller. We waited a long time for the bus to HS. I think we had all had it by this point with the rain and wind and we were tired. Tomorrow was our last day so it was mixed emotions we were feeling that night. When we arrived at HS the boat was there for Epcot so we ran/walked to the boat and I’m guessing since the weather was so crummy they waited for us and a few other people. The two “Captains” on the boat were Richard and Harry. They were the funniest people we had met. They were so deadpan and so hilarious! They started singing Row, Row, Row, Your Boat. We had quite an enjoyable boat ride. They really entertained us with their stories. We walked to the Rose and Crown and had to wait about 20 min. It was crowded inside because it was so miserable outside. When we got taken to our table it was on the outside patio area. They had the plastic sides down but we were right near the edge and the wind was blowing through. We were wet and cold and kinda grumpy. I had the potato and leek soup because I was cold, and then the fish and chips and for dessert sticky toffee pudding and coffee with baileys in it, yum, yum! We played around making faces for our cameras. The service was so slow and the food wasn’t as good as it has been in the past.

Mother and daughter before dinner.
DSC03415-1.jpg

random pictures at dinner. We had time to kill.
DSC03416-1.jpg

He's touching me!
DSC03417.jpg

DSC03418.jpg

DSC03419.jpg

DSC03421.jpg

Note flash flood warning on TV!
DSC01871.jpg

Waiting
DSC01872.jpg

Waiting
DSC01873.jpg

Pure mischief!
DSC01876.jpg

dd8 "do I have to share the rum?"
DSC01879.jpg

dd8 "Is all the rum gone?"
DSC01880.jpg

dd8 with the giggles, sooo funny
DSC01881.jpg

DH and Jasmine, beautiful picture!
DSC01883.jpg

taking goofy pictures to maintain our sanity!
DSC01884.jpg

I can see your tonsils!!!!!!
DSC01885.jpg

Funny picture.
DSC01886.jpg

Being sisters.
DSC01887.jpg

Queen sticking her finger in my ear, I hate it and she knows it!
DSC01888.jpg

I've got the giggles!
DSC01890.jpg

Eye see you!
DSC01891.jpg

Jasmine and Queen in our room before dinner.
DSC03414-1.jpg

More dinner pics of us just being silly!

Where's the bill?
DSC01889.jpg

She's driving me crazy!
DSC01892.jpg

Giggle fest.
DSC01893.jpg

Calgon.....take me away!
DSC01894.jpg

Once we finally paid the bill we headed back to catch the boat back to HS only to find out it was too windy for the boats to run! If the wind is >35mph the boats don’t run. So now we have a tired and cranky mini Montana and we had to walk all the to the front to the busses WITHOUT a stroller! Well it was along walk but we made it. Mini Montana did very well. Then we had a super long wait for a bus and a second bus because we didn’t make it on the first one. There was no Illuminations tonight because of the wind. Apparently the only other time it was cancelled was because of a hurricane. Once we were back at the hotel we had to wait to pickup our last package at the gift shop and everyone and their dog was doing the same thing! We headed back and finished the Baileys we had and went to bed. Tomorrow was our last day.
Just looking at my notes I had written at the end that Jasmine had a Disney meltdown moment at FOTLK today. She gets really sad when it’s time to leave Disney. I love it there too and I get sad but frankly this time I was exhausted and even though I’m sad tomorrow is our last day, I was happy to be getting back to routine and not walking a million miles everyday and standing in lines.

So Tomorrow is our last day and we are at where else but Magic Kingdom!

OK I'll say it slowly so you get it, I"M THE OLDEST!!!!!!

I hear you loud and clear but it's just not registering. No oldest child could be as much of a pain in the butt as you are. It's the younger sibs that are always a pain..... always.

If you are the oldest, you're giving us a bad reputation! :rotfl2:

College program, yeah that would be great. Do they get a choice? Maybe you could just force it on them!

Oh yeah, they have a choice. At least they'll think they do. But I know how to use a combination of suggestion and guilt to help them make the right decision. :rotfl2:

Great pics in that last post!!! Especially love the closeup of mini Montana. And you tell her I encourage mischief out of one so cute! It'll keep you on your toes for sure ;-)

Thought I had posted on here already. Shame because it was very witty.

Speaking of shame I didn't mean for them to lock my report up that quickly. I am sorry not hear the final comments from posters. However, it was great fun, and a great deal of work. I'm missing it more than I though I would so I am working on starting a report.

About this last posting of yours. I have two comments.

1) You know that song "Sisters" from the movie "White Christmas"? I think it needs to be playing when the picture of you and Queen come on the screen making faces at each other.

2)I laughed when I noticed all the vices together on top of the TV. The alcohol and all the medicines. It's amazing any of you could walk straight looking at all those pill bottles.

I hear you loud and clear but it's just not registering. No oldest child could be as much of a pain in the butt as you are. It's the younger sibs that are always a pain..... always.

If you are the oldest, you're giving us a bad reputation! :rotfl2:

Bad reputation:rotfl2:I'm trying to make up for lost time from all the bad stuff Queen did as a child/adult:scared1:

Oh yeah, they have a choice. At least they'll think they do. But I know how to use a combination of suggestion and guilt to help them make the right decision. :rotfl2:

Great pics in that last post!!! Especially love the closeup of mini Montana. And you tell her I encourage mischief out of one so cute! It'll keep you on
your toes for sure ;-)

She is definitely cute and FULL of mischief:rolleyes1Takes after her auntie:lmao: She's mad right now because she can't pick up a book and read it:scared1:She's going to be a handful that one.

Thanks for hanging in there and reading and posting. I sure do appreciate it!

Thought I had posted on here already. Shame because it was very witty.

Speaking of shame I didn't mean for them to lock my report up that quickly. I am sorry not hear the final comments from posters. However, it was great fun, and a great deal of work. I'm missing it more than I though I would so I am working on starting a report.

I really enjoyed your report and sorry I couldn't post. Poor eeyore and his stroller. I think I felt the same way as you, it was time to go home because of exhaustion but sad at the same time and now look at us both getting ready for our next trip. Your's is much sooner than mine and I expect a full report!

About this last posting of yours. I have two comments.

1) You know that song "Sisters" from the movie "White Christmas"? I think it needs to be playing when the picture of you and Queen come on the screen making faces at each other.

2)I laughed when I noticed all the vices together on top of the TV. The alcohol and all the medicines. It's amazing any of you could walk straight looking at all those pill bottles.

I noticed that in the picture too but sadly one's iron, one's a laxative for dd8, and I used a lot of tylenol those two weeks! the Bailey's sure helped! Next time I'd better photoshop the pictures before I post them. Thanks to you too for reading along and hanging in there and posting. Next and last(Ithink) installment coming up today or tomorrow:woohoo:

I broke down and started a pre-trip. I wasn't going to but some unknown force took over my body and made me type it.

Eeoyre seems to have recovered from stroller shock nicely. But if he requires any medications for it-I'll be sure and contact you. Apparently you run your own travel drug stores.

Guess who?? Yup, I finally made an appearance, mostly to get Peg to finish this thing!! :surfweb: Anyhoodle, I guess I should be careful what I say we are staying with them the first 11 days of our trip this year:rolleyes1

We really need to get our new pre-trippie going. Peg, no more excuses, let's get this thing wrapped up....we"ll be on our way again before we know it!!:woohoo:

I concur with you Queenie! Come out, come out wherever you are Peg!

Of course I think you should be able to speak your mind freely Queenofallthings. But then don't forget that it's in my best interest if you annoy your sis as this "jewel in the dirt" is waiting in the wings and would love to fill your place and vacation with them. So go ahead girlfriend and speak that mind. I'll be the one holding a microphone in one hand and a spoon in the other (you know to stir the pot).:laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter