Comforts of Fantasy

Mark1969

Earning My Ears
Just finished our cruise with the Fantasy... ABSOLUTELY loved everything about this cruise and ship. We stayed in stateroom 5066 and I want to surprise my wife with buying the same mattress they use in those nice staterooms? Can you please tell me the model, type and name brand of the mattresses used?

For us it is more the motion of the ocean than the comfort of the mattress. I can't afford to live aboard a cruise ship. But the mattress is a great idea. Good luck!

Just finished our cruise with the Fantasy... ABSOLUTELY loved everything about this cruise and ship. We stayed in stateroom 5066 and I want to surprise my wife with buying the same mattress they use in those nice staterooms? Can you please tell me the model, type and name brand of the mattresses used?
Don't know, but I want to say that's really sweet and your wife is a lucky woman.

If they are the same ones as last year, here's the info:

Manufactured by:
Biscayne Bedding International
3925 East 10th Court
Hialeah, FL 33013

I had mentioned that I liked the mattresses to our hostess and she pulled the tag off one and gave it to me.

EDIT: I should have mentioned, I got this from our March 2018 Fantasy trip.

Last edited:

I would call DCL to find out what kind of mattress they use. Agree with Quellman above that the motion of the ship (and Mickey Bars) puts me to sleep. When I was in the Army, I was sent to Europe on a WW2 troop ship...that was no cruise. We had hammocks for a reason...the rocking of the ship was wild. It took some getting used to. Eating and showering were a challenge. The USNS Alexander Patch is now part of a hundred or so cars and trucks. Gone but not forgotten.

I would call DCL to find out what kind of mattress they use. Agree with Quellman above that the motion of the ship (and Mickey Bars) puts me to sleep. When I was in the Army, I was sent to Europe on a WW2 troop ship...that was no cruise. We had hammocks for a reason...the rocking of the ship was wild. It took some getting used to. Eating and showering were a challenge. The USNS Alexander Patch is now part of a hundred or so cars and trucks. Gone but not forgotten.
Thanks for serving. Turns out your ship survived well after WW2 through 1990 when finally struck from the Naval register. Finally in 2001 she was sold for scrap. More details [here]

agree it is more likely the motion of the ocean, the wind, sun, activity, food etc....

I just slept on this for a week on a square topsail schooner with pump toilets and no showers and 26 going into 6th graders and slept like a rock every night. Super sweet but the mattress is probably only a contributor.bunk.jpg

I came back to the US from Europe (many years ago) on the Patch.

I came back to the US from Europe (many years ago) on the Patch.

When I researched where it was a few years ago the Patch was in Galveston, TX being cut up for scrap. That ship had a truly memorable career on both sides of the globe. I looked on Ebay and there was one of its portholes...350lbs for $400. Any chance you bought it? I did not. Folks on DCL sometimes get seasick. The Patch invented the word (no details needed). Cheers!

Thanks for serving. Turns out your ship survived well after WW2 through 1990 when finally struck from the Naval register. Finally in 2001 she was sold for scrap. More details [here]
Check my most recent post the Patch's disposition...sad, but time marches on.

Folks on DCL sometimes get seasick. The Patch invented the word (no details needed). Cheers!
Well, I was just a baby - 1 year old. While I have to seasick issues now, my mother always told me that I was "sick as a dog" for the whole crossing on that ship. As a 1 year old, I really doubt it was "all in my mind" as some non-seasickness prone people say.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter