Comfortable sandal for teen girl for our August trip?

Discussion in 'Disney World Tips' started by FourLeafClover, Jul 14, 2017.

1. FourLeafClover

FourLeafClover Earning My Ears

So the whole family is breaking in new comfy sandals.

Then there is the 13 yr old. I have ordered her several cute styles, but they either haven't fit or she didn't like them, including Keen Bali Strap, Teva Kayenta...

She will not wear flip flops or anything between the toes.

Any suggestions that I might try. We will be there in August for 5 days of park touring and she'll need a good waterproof sandal.

TY!

2. jendej

jendej Earning My Ears

Have you tried Birkenstocks? There have some really cute styles now. You want to make sure you have plenty of time to break them in though as they will really hurt the first few times if you're not used to the support.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. FourLeafClover

She doesn't care for the style :-(

5. jendej

jendej Earning My Ears

None of the styles? There are more than just the old two strap ones now.

6. SteveMP

SteveMP DIS Veteran

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  7. Jadyreen1282

Jadyreen1282 DIS Veteran

How's about you let here shop for them herself then you don't have to worry about it? That's what I do for mycrew. I just provide the debit card.

siskaren likes this.
  8. Monykalyn

Monykalyn DIS Veteran

Chacos. My older one swears by them - really comfortable sandal. Pricey- but the good ones mold to your feet for a truly custom fit

pesto78749 and Shelbizzles like this.
  9. Mickey's Best Girl

Mickey's Best Girl Magic, mayhem and shenanigans ahoy.

If it's something comfy and good for extended walking chances are she's going to hate the style.

I manage a shoe store and told my dd she can have Merrells. I didn't care what style she chose but she was getting Merrells.

She picked one of the strappier "cool" :rolleyes2 styles of sports sandals they have.

My rule is "you have a say when you pay".

sherlockmiles and FourLeafClover like this.
  10. FourLeafClover

thanks all - we shall continue our search! Who knew findings shoes would be harder than ADRs!

AliceNDinah likes this.
  11. kbmartin

kbmartin DIS Veteran

I visited WDW in August the past three years and found that wearing tennis shoes was just more comfortable than sandals. I really like Skechers Go Walks. Just a thought.

12. DisneyOma

DisneyOma DIS Veteran

My guess is anything 'stylish for teens' is going to be impractical and uncomfortable. Just make sure she brings 3-4 pairs of shoes, so she can switch off when one pair doesn't work out.

13. elgerber

elgerber <font color=deeppink>Sometimes you gotta bite the

My dd has very fussy feet, and has done very well at WDW in the summer with several different styles of Merrells over the years.

Mickey's Best Girl likes this.
  14. RangerPooh

RangerPooh DIS Veteran

15. Kel3927

Kel3927 Earning My Ears

This! I force everyone to wear their normal tennis shoes they wear everyday. I am not listening to anyone cry because your new sandals aren't as comfortable as you thought!

kbmartin and AliceNDinah like this.
  16. Statefan17

Statefan17 Mouseketeer

My daughter and her friends live in Chacos in the summer.

17. Corbie

Corbie Mouseketeer

How about something for comfort to wear while in the parks and then something a bit cuter for eating out, being in the resorts/disney springs, etc.? (i.e., where she won't be doing nonstop walking)?

Has she ever had a bad case of blisters? If so, remind her how that felt and then ask her if she prefers to give up her park time because of sore feet? (She'll probably give you that teen look, but sometimes they need to hear the reality.)

Curious, what styles does she think are cute enough?

18. texasroni75

texasroni75 DIS Veteran

Love Chacos but they are pricey and I think the cutest styles have the toe strap. I found Skechers sandals on amazon for under $40 for myself and teen DD for this summer. Tons of colors and styles and they are comfy. I'd give them a try. I will say that my daughters HATE any sandals if they just look "too wide" (lots of athletic/sport/all weather sandals look kind of clunky, I agree).

19. tinydancer312

tinydancer312 Earning My Ears

I can't agree more with the reef flip flops. I know you said nothing between the toes, but the Reef Dreams flip flops are so comfortable, it's like walking on a pillow!

20. mnmhouston

mnmhouston DIS Veteran

struggling as well. 14 yo dd with a size 13 shoe!! of course not many women's shoes go that high....so try finding men's styles suitable for teenage girl!