Comfort Suites Maingate East

Eaglefan9727

Mouseketeer
Hi Fellow Disney Members,

Im wondering if any of you have ever stayed at this hotel and if so. Can you please give me some of your thoughts on the hotel?

I have been looking at this hotel for the future trip that my fiancee and I will be taking in the future at some point in the next couple years.

Some of the things that I like are that the swimming pool is open 24 hours a day and the price is moderate. While their website states that all of their suites are non-smoking. Is there anywhere outside of the hotel that is designed for smokers as I am a smoker and my fiancee isnt?

We are just looking for a decent hotel at a decent price that their swimming pool is open late at night, So if we want to take a dip in the pool when we get back from the parks around 10 or 11 at night. We will be able to.

We are also looking for a hotel that is near everything. We will be going to Disney for 4 days, Discovery Cove for 1 day, Universal for 2 days, and Sea World for 1 day.

Like I stated earlier, If anyone has stayed here. Please give me your thoughts on this hotel or if you think there is another hotel that has better options. Please let me know about them.

Thanks......

last October. We were there 8 nights and had 2 adults and 2 teenage kids. It was very clean, and the suites are actually 1 large room, with 2 queen beds and a sofa sleeper. They had a medium sized fridge and a microwave. And 1 good sized bathroom. I would not want to stay there with 6 people in the room, but for us it was fine. The pool/hottub is nice, and they have a pool bar for drinks and snacks. The free breakfast is better than most, and actually has hot foods...bacon, sausage, eggs etc. The offerings changed daily, so it didn't get boring. They did have waffles and donuts/cereal/english muffins every day. It was a fairly quick and easy drive to WDW, but we did not do US or SW/DC this trip. We also made a trip to the outlet malls, which were easy to get to. the elevators were VERY, VERY slow. We were on the 5th floor, so we had to wait ALOT for them. Next time I would ask for a room on the 1st floor. We liked this hotel. It was not fancy, but not a dump either. My DH is a little spoiled about hotels, and he was fine with it. It is in walking distance to Old Town, which i went to alone one afternoon while everyone else napped and swam. I enjoyed that. We stayed on points , so it was a free hotel for us, but the rates were not bad for the time frame that we were there (I checked), I think about $69.00/nite. I would have paid that rate for it. I think this is a good value, as long as you don't go in expecting the GF!!!! Oh, and we did laundry at the hotel, and the washers/dryers were in good working order, and were pretty fast! Enjoy!!:)

We stayed here about 2 years ago. The breakfast was great and the rooms were nice. The pool is great! I would recommend staying at this hotel if you do not want to stay on site.

Good Luck,
Carrie

Stayed there last year. Rooms were nice. Seemed clean. Breakfast was good. We enjoyed the stay. Not staying there this year because we wanted to try something different. But would definately stay there again. Hope you enjoy your stay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter