Come here to chat while waiting for the 2021 DVC Member Cruise! Will it happen??

I say 5a, 5B, and 5c.

I also am saying Starboard side and giving a range of staterooms that are acceptable.
Guess I need to start studying a deck Plan layout for more specific info and instructions for the first call.

Agree. We've sailed on the Fantasy before so we have an idea of the staterooms we like. Hope it's a smooth booking process for all!
I’m been once on the Dream and never on the Fantasy...so will be making my best guesses as to categories and decks. Time to pull out those deck plans!

I’m been once on the Dream and never on the Fantasy...so will be making my best guesses as to categories and decks. Time to pull out those deck plans!
Good luck! I had a hard time distinguishing colors that designated categories! I asked for help on the cruise line forum here, and got the help I needed. We have done over 30 DCL cruises, but only three have been on the Fantasy. I have a better idea of what I want now!

It does seem that the payment and picking a room is all on the second phone call. The first call is to verify membership. In our case, because I will use cash, my sister uses cash, and friend uses points, the reservation will be under her membership. The first phone call will also put you in a queue for the second call. This second call should be coming within 72 hours.
Aaakkk!! I have a long list of rooms in the order I want. I don’t like the idea of giving categories. But I guess if it avoids this taking four hours of busy signals and holds, that would be good.

While hopeful for a shorter call time, I am also trying to be a bit of a realist -

-it will be a new process for both CMs and DVC members, so I expect a hiccup or two along the way as happens with anything new
-have all Member Services CMs returned fo work yet? If not, there will still be some extended wait times on the phones. I’m not expecting to be on and off the phone within an hour
-DVC has listened to our feedback and is trying something new, which is appreciated.
-as with anything new, different callers will have different experiences
-tomorrow is step 1 in the booking process, it will continue with likely a longer followup call to finalize and pay, another part of the new process
-it will be a learning process for all and continued feedback will help in the future

However it goes, we need to be kind to the cast members - they’ve had a rough few months, they didn’t make the new process, and they will be trying their best with a new process that can’t even really be tested until it goes live on a MC booking day.

Good luck to everyone who’s planning to try to book tomorrow!

Hmmm - I had thought you would pick room on the initial call and the call back would only be for payment, but now I see that it may be different than that. I have to work tomorrow so DH is calling to book my DS and me and I have left him categories but exact cabin numbers in those categories...

Hmmm - I had thought you would pick room on the initial call and the call back would only be for payment, but now I see that it may be different than that. I have to work tomorrow so DH is calling to book my DS and me and I have left him categories but exact cabin numbers in those categories...

I am saying what my cabin mate learned. She was on hold for 5 minutes while the CM talked to someone who gave the answer. Maybe it will go the way you are thinking. We shall see!

I only left 2 category choices for DH (but multiple exact rooms in those), so I may have to take a look again at the chart and deck plan

I also didn't even think about booking a DVC room at WDW for at least the night before until I read through this thread! And here I thought I was so prepared for this!!!!:duck::crazy2:

I also didn't even think about booking a DVC room at WDW for at least the night before until I read through this thread! And here I thought I was so prepared for this!!!!:duck::crazy2:
There has often been a meet at TOTW lounge the night before, and it’s fun to meet fellow cruisers. You’ll be surprised how often you’ll be seeing them on the ship!

I only left 2 category choices for DH (but multiple exact rooms in those), so I may have to take a look again at the chart and deck plan
They have often asked you to have three categories and I do not think I have ever had three before. They do work with you. That’s one thing that takes awhile.
Keep an eye on availability in the DVC site. If it takes you a long time to get through and pick, you may have to get something else anyway.
I have been on at least 6 member cruises, and I have always been able to get, inside, ocean view, or veranda the years that I have wanted a particular category.

They have often asked you to have three categories and I do not think I have ever had three before. They do work with you. That’s one thing that takes awhile.
Keep an eye on availability in the DVC site. If it takes you a long time to get through and pick, you may have to get something else anyway.
I have been on at least 6 member cruises, and I have always been able to get, inside, ocean view, or veranda the years that I have wanted a particular category.
I’ve only been on four MCs, all either Wonder or Magic, & have always gotten my category but not necessarily where in that category. I always have midship as my first choice but ended up aft on one cruise. The Fantasy is bigger so maybe categories will not fill as quickly?

Alright everybody, is this the thread we’re going to use to keep each other company & posted while we call in?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts