Comcast is trying to buy Disney, is it time to sell???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kick it up a notch!

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
I am a loyal Disney fan, but how many people hate Comcast as much as I do? Their service is terrible, they don't pay attention to detail and they could care less about their customers. How do you think they will treat us?

Will you keep your DVC if Comcast buys Disney?

Well...I'll agree that Comcast is awful. I can't even imagine what a mess they would make of Disney. With all of the strife going on at Disney right now, it would seem that they are prime for some kind of action like this. No idea what the chances of it actually happening are though.

Sounds like the board is planning Eisner's departure http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,111034,00.html , so anything could happen at this point!

We haven't even stayed as DVC members yet...I don't want to think about selling!

Hmmm . . . an electronic communications giant buying a traditional media giant . . . wow, AOL/Time Warner worked so well, the world needs to see another debacle just like it!
:crazy:

Why would you sell just because another company took over as the parent company? That happens all the time these days. I would give it time to see what happens and if my DVC experience becomes unacceptable, maybe consider it. But if it gets to that point, resale prices would really drop.

Since I've been on the boards there had been a thread regarding if Disney turned management of DVC to another corporation, and lots of people thought that would be unlikely but possible. My heavens, what will happen to "our" DVC if Comcast takes over?
We just bought, so we're keeping it, but I'll wait on the add on.

Bobbi:D

Ok, since I am not very stock market savvy and as Martha might be saying now, "That's a good thing", what can happen if the Disney Board of Directors decide not to merge with Comcast?

What could be the next step for Comcast? Hostile takeover (and what exactly does that mean?) I think the Pirates of the Caribbean could force back any hostile moves on their property.

Thanks.

pirate:

I have had the unfortunate experience of being a Comcast customer once. Comcast's customer service is one of the worst if not THE worst I have ever dealt with. Our family switched to Direct TV to be rid of the Comcast monopoly in our area. We even reconsider going to events that are sponsored by Comcast.

One thing that has always drawn us to Disney is their customer service. I have owned my own business for many years, and it's nice to go on vacation where you don't have to worry about anything. This is why we bought into the DVC in 2000, and have made the investment and committment to vacation at Disney for the next 38 years.

If, God forbid, this merger goes through with Comcast to include the theme parks and DVC, we will sell our points. We won't wait around for the inevitable degradation of Disney's customer service thus the drop in resale prices.

If any deal is to be done with Disney and Comcast, how about just the media parts - ABC, ESPN, etc? Leave the theme parks, hotels, DVC, etc alone as a separate entertainment and tourism entity.

I am in DVC for the long haul. Till death us do part.... :teeth:

I would hate to see Disney swallowed up into the Comcast monolith. However, I don't think it would necessarily be disasterous. The president of Comcast is Steve Burke. If you don't know Steve's resume, you might want to consider this portion:

Before joining Comcast, he led several divisions of the Walt Disney company to unprecedented success – as president of ABC broadcasting, as head of Buena Vista Television, the company's domestic syndication arm, as president and coo of Euro- Disney, and as one of the key executives responsible for the launch of the Disney stores.

Steve left Disney and is now instrumental in this bid for taking it over. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. Hopefully, Disney can fend off this attempt at a takeover. Just yesterday, the Board began to mount it's defense of Eisner. They also have a lot of analysts down at WDW right now being given the star treatment.

Disney stock is up 18% this morning pre-opening of the stock market. It'll be interesting to see where it ends up today.

There are rumors that Time Warner and Microsoft may also bid for Disney. Whatever happens I hope the Disney magic stays alive! We have a great deal invested in it.

Barbarians are lining up at the gate to Sleeping Beauty's castle. Ramparts being filled with Eisner goons, who are boiling oil and cranking their crossbows.

This is going to be fun.

As much as I was ready for Eisner to go this stinks. Comcast has got the worst customer service I have ever experienced right along with AT&T which have had soem part of a merger recently....

Comcast is the worst! We had them when we lived in NJ. Service was poor, and customer service was non existent. God help us if Comcast takes over Disney and runs it like it's cable services! :eek: :mad: :rolleyes:

Now we do not have Comcast at home, but we did hear this report this morning. My first thought.. Oh No!!!

My dw (the eternal optimist) says that maybe Comcast will buy it and put Roy Disney in charge of the Disney Operations. Then she asked if there is relationship between and Burke and Roy. I could not answer the question, but maybe, just maybe..

I guess that I had better check savedisney.com for Roy's take..

Edward

I am sitting here LOL.

I am sorry, but every time there is something in the news about Disney people have a panic attack!

I read through the Comcast proposal on the Comcast website. Part of the proposal highlights their plans for the them parks:

"The Disney theme parks are America's favorite vacation destinations.

-Drive attendance via advertising and cross-promotion in all aspects of combined company

-Restore energy and creativity in attractions, hotels and concessions"

Doesn't sound like they plan to sell off the parks.

hmmmm...... comcast might buy out disney..........
will we become Comcast Dvc members then, will we get free digital cable plus the movie channels and free internet service in our villas ..........:teeth:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!