College Program Parents Thread...

My daughter just completed the web based interview and got the "good" screen after, meaning she did well on the test....she wouldn't be coming until August, so not sure how long before she hears back

My daughter just completed the web based interview and got the "good" screen after, meaning she did well on the test....she wouldn't be coming until August, so not sure how long before she hears back
This time it seems that the timeline is more compressed. When DD was first selected, she found out in Oct or Sep 2019 to report in Jan 2020. This time she was notified that she had 1 month to report. I know this is because of the timeline they are under for the restart.

When did the current application window close? My daughter was about to apply for the first time, and now it looks like the window is closed.

Both of our daughters were selected this year. Oldest has already arrived and is now training in Children's
Activities at Art of Animation/Pop Century. Youngest received her acceptance the day after flying home from helping her sister move in. Does not have her role yet but moves in July 19. Both are over the moon.(Especially oldest whose program was canceled last year.) So Excited for their adventure.

My son is due to report next Monday. He still has not heard where he will be working or what time he will need to check in next week. Anyone else have kiddos still waiting to hear about this?

My daughter was accepted and reports on 7/11/22! Driving her and her car down on 7/9 and staying at Wilderness Lodge (CCV) for the night. She's beyond excited!
...well, best of luck to her....personally, the best advice I can give her is to save up lotsa $$ for that rainy day. WDW doesn't pay CP's well and there is a hefty room and board fee. Also, don't be surprised if she doesn't return home.....;)

My son is due to report next Monday. He still has not heard where he will be working or what time he will need to check in next week. Anyone else have kiddos still waiting to hear about this?
...my DS had to report here:

00-qSvDM5RbRDsgPz4pfWeJXkYr5IDGYCMS7j3bLZS0RJg5lJezVajHPjV2-Cg_5rOA

...it was basically an all-day thing. They were given their room assignments, work assignments, and such.

My daughter was accepted and reports on 7/11/22! Driving her and her car down on 7/9 and staying at Wilderness Lodge (CCV) for the night. She's beyond excited!
Congratulations!
Has she secured a parking permit yet? Not sure what that timeline is for requesting permits but I am curious. Your daughter is a few weeks ahead of mine (8-1-22). She would like to bring her car but word is the permits are hard to get. Any help here would be much appreciated.

Congratulations!
Has she secured a parking permit yet? Not sure what that timeline is for requesting permits but I am curious. Your daughter is a few weeks ahead of mine (8-1-22). She would like to bring her car but word is the permits are hard to get. Any help here would be much appreciated.

Not yet! I think she gets to try a few weeks before her move-in date.

DS just got accepted and chose 6/27/22-1/7/23 as his dates. He may wind up taking the semester off school if it doesn't pan out with the advisor. He's ADD so I have to keep reminding him to make an appointment and talk to them. //facepalm// We're so excited! I've booked a room at All Star Sports for his check-in date and we're thinking about flying down but my husband might drive. Since his program ends right as we'll be there for WDW Marathon Weekend, DH will just drive back home with him and I'll fly.

I know he'll be at the new complex but since we may fly, I'm wondering if everything he'll need will be able to fit in large suitcases that DH and I will bring back empty with us. I know he'll need toiletries, clothes and personal effects, but do they supply pots, pans, dishes, etc? Since he won't have a car, I'll probably just be using instacart to send him what he needs grocery-wise. Have any of you used that for your kids? How did it work out? We had a trip planned for the end of August so I'll bring him some warmer clothes at that point because he'll be there until January.

Any tips?

Thanks in advance! Soooo excited for him!

DS just got accepted and chose 6/27/22-1/7/23 as his dates. He may wind up taking the semester off school if it doesn't pan out with the advisor. He's ADD so I have to keep reminding him to make an appointment and talk to them. //facepalm// We're so excited! I've booked a room at All Star Sports for his check-in date and we're thinking about flying down but my husband might drive. Since his program ends right as we'll be there for WDW Marathon Weekend, DH will just drive back home with him and I'll fly.

I know he'll be at the new complex but since we may fly, I'm wondering if everything he'll need will be able to fit in large suitcases that DH and I will bring back empty with us. I know he'll need toiletries, clothes and personal effects, but do they supply pots, pans, dishes, etc? Since he won't have a car, I'll probably just be using instacart to send him what he needs grocery-wise. Have any of you used that for your kids? How did it work out? We had a trip planned for the end of August so I'll bring him some warmer clothes at that point because he'll be there until January.

Any tips?

Thanks in advance! Soooo excited for him!
Congratulations!
Here's a list of what my daughter was told is supplied (quality is unknown lol): lg pot w/ lid, medium pot w/lid, small pot w/lid, frying pan, dinner plates (8), cereal bowls (8), drinking glasses (8), knives (8), forks (8), spoons (8), silverware tray, fire extinguisher, vanity wastebasket (1/bathroom), kitchen trashcan, recycling bin, plunger
Hope this helps.

Congratulations!
Here's a list of what my daughter was told is supplied (quality is unknown lol): lg pot w/ lid, medium pot w/lid, small pot w/lid, frying pan, dinner plates (8), cereal bowls (8), drinking glasses (8), knives (8), forks (8), spoons (8), silverware tray, fire extinguisher, vanity wastebasket (1/bathroom), kitchen trashcan, recycling bin, plunger
Hope this helps.
That helps a lot!!! Thank you.

WowSorry this has a lot to read Hope I am not duplicating…
The new Flamingo Village is really nice and has a new Starbucks and new Marriott & Hilton Resorts across street. Plus New Pizza Restaurant and 5Guys Hamburger small scale Target and Sushi and Mexican and Brewery Restaurant to open soon.
Disney has built 2 safely crosswalk bridges for pedestrians.
They also have lots of charter busses that I have noticed dropping off and picking up at the larger Target on 192 . That location has nicer bigger grocery, etc with basics at the smaller Target.
Reminder always see Radar so Warning Do Not Speed in area.
And bad news that Parking Lot looks full everytime I drive past and we are talking a LOT of autos…and overflow is the Blizzard Beach water theme park currently closed for update.
Incentive to get that Parking Permit without delay!
Hope this helps.

P.s. My son was in college program in 2001 Best time ever and made lots of friends to keep in touch with for a lifetime!

Hi there!

My son Michael was accepted and checks-in on 6/26. DH and I will be there for two days but I don’t think that’s enough time for him to get an assignment. I want to purchase a pair of black sneakers for him so he has a pair of work shoes to start with and needed an idea as to what’s accepted. I had a pair of all black Nike Air Force 1’s in mind. Would those be ok or would these New Balance be more acceptable?

https://www.joesnewbalanceoutlet.com/product/mx623-v3/mx623ab3

Thanks for your help! ☺️

Hi there!

My son Michael was accepted and checks-in on 6/26. DH and I will be there for two days but I don’t think that’s enough time for him to get an assignment. I want to purchase a pair of black sneakers for him so he has a pair of work shoes to start with and needed an idea as to what’s accepted. I had a pair of all black Nike Air Force 1’s in mind. Would those be ok or would these New Balance be more acceptable?

https://www.joesnewbalanceoutlet.com/product/mx623-v3/mx623ab3

Thanks for your help! ☺️
I would wait, black and sneakers might not be approved for his role/costume (might need white or something that needs to be polished). He will be able to buy costume approved shoes from costuming once he's there and gets his assignment. If he doesn't want to go that route, he will have a few days before needing work shoes that he can go shop for ones that are approved for whatever role/costume he gets.

Hi I think my castmember son started with those NB because he was told they had to be all black.
After 2 years he went with a really thick tread on bottom because you do not want to slip or slide or get hurt…
Surprisingly Wal Mart has a pretty good selection .
My son went to DIck‘s Sporting Goods and really likes these because they solid waterproof at edges with breathable upper fabric.
The print is dark grey

Adidas Terrex
F701AA6E-2CB7-4335-BD79-387C215C80D9.png

Unfortunately the interns are probably not getting super fancy roles and will probably need a basic shoe and not a dress shoe …
Good luck I am excited for you and your son!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!