Coinstar anybody?

So I'm confused - do banks want the coins rolled or unrolled? I have a HUGE vase 75% filled with coins from six years of marriage. (Minus the last six months when someone discovered "money for piggy!" and started snatching coins. :rolleyes1 ) I started rolling them but DH said to stop because banks won't take them rolled.

The wamu banks in my area want them rolled, and they will charge 10% unless you're only bringing in 4 rolls of pennies per trip. Um, yeah....

The credit union we used to belong to was the same, though they did tend to bend policy for me. But it was a city-specific CU, and we moved from that city, so that's a no-go.

When my brother was in HS, he had a job at a bank in Miami FL, and they HAD TO take any money given to them, and if someone dumped hundreds of dollars of change at his teller window, it was his job to count it and do whatever they needed. :scared: That might have changed by now, of course.

You just have to contact your bank!

Coinstar was probably created by some guy who was tired of being screwed around by his bank about not taking change. ;)

I guess I will have to call around - our bank is USAA so nothing local. I wonder if I can ship a box of coins to Texas for USAA to count....? ;)

I haven't read this whole thread, but if you have a Commerce bank nearby, they have free coin counting and you don't have to be an account holder. They have a little kid one too.

I have a quart sized container in my car that I dump my change into. I took it to coinstar yesterday and decided to treat myself with a Starbucks Giftcard. Imagine my surprise when it was just over $80.00!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter