Coffee maker in the rooms at Pop Century

They do. It's those Cuisinart pod machines. The supplies are in the drawer between the shelf and the fridge.

20180725_183509-M.jpg

Yay, I am soooooo excited the value resorts FINALLY have coffee makers in rhe rooms. It is about darn time. We will be arriving at POP this Sunday Jan. 6th and staying for 6 nights. It will ve WONDERFUL not to have to walk down to the food court in the am for my coffee now. I can just roll right outta bed like I do at the moderates/deluxes/my house :hyper::disrocks:

It's a round flat one, shaped sort of like a skinny hockey puck. You can get as many as you need, what I do is leave a note for mousekeeping on the table in front of the coffeemaker and when I come back to the room in the evening there are a few in the drawer with coffee supplies.

Can you tell me what kind of "pod" it is? Is it a pod cup or like a round thicker paper one? Do they give you plenty of pods?

It is a flat round pod. It looks like a big, flat, round tea bag. They will give you as many as you want. We call housekeeping when we get in the room on check in day and ask them to bring up some extras right then for the next morning. I also ask them to bring extra every day when they make up the room. When doing this we always have extras when we check out.

When we were there this past August, we had a few tea bags (Twinings of course) along with a few coffee pods. But no hot chocolate.

Thanks for the replies. How recent were your stays? My wife ended up calling and she was told that the rooms don't have coffee makers. Were we just given the wrong info?

haha. I was there 12/24-12/26 with a coffee maker. I would assume the phone rep has never been to Pop, maybe not even to WDW...

I am at Pop Century right now, first night here and we'll be here for a total of 6 nights. There is a double cup coffee maker just like they have in the moderates ( except Coronado Springs has K-Cups)/deluxes resorts/villas/DVC. There are two packs of Mickey's 90th coffee pods, Twinnings tea (Green Tea & Black Tea) and a couple of decaf packs. They are the little paper coffee pods that you slide in the top of the coffee maker. You can make one or two cups of coffee at a time. Cool little cabinet they put in the new Pop Century remodeled rooms (coffee maker, clear mini-fridge, retro metal ice bucket, plastic cups, paper coffee cups with lids & a cute drawer that you pull out liquid creamer, sugar, stirrers, etc). They have never had coffee makers in the value resorts, only moderate/deluxe/deluxe villas. So HAPPY they finally have coffee makers in the value rooms. They are not in the All Stars yet. They have started the renovations on All Star Movies so I'm sure they will get the coffee makers too then a Music & Sports.

Yes you were. Phone CMs are notorious for giving incorrect information.

We just got back from Pop Century yesterday. The All Stars do not have coffee makers in them nor do the Little Mermaid rooms at AoA but I do believe the Cars, Finding Nemo & Lion King family suites have them. They just started renovations at All Star Movies then will continue with the other two All Stars (Music & Sports). So, yes POP does have the double single coffee maker that uses the pods. I would upload a picture but I have not had a chance to put them on my computer yet.

We just got back from Pop Century yesterday. The All Stars do not have coffee makers in them nor do the Little Mermaid rooms at AoA but I do believe the Cars, Finding Nemo & Lion King family suites have them. They just started renovations at All Star Movies then will continue with the other two All Stars (Music & Sports). So, yes POP does have the double single coffee maker that uses the pods. I would upload a picture but I have not had a chance to put them on my computer yet.
I was at All Star Movies in October-November. They DO have coffee makers. I was in the Toy Story building (Room # 9742). At that point, a lot of the resort had been refurbished already. I'd say about half? maybe a little more than half? As it stands now, according to a poster last week, they're still not done completely renovating Movies.

disneymoviescoffee.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter