Coca-Cola and Disney partner for new 'Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge' land

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by circus4u, Apr 13, 2019.

1. circus4u

circus4u DIS Veteran

2. The Pho

The Pho A heck of a paleontologist if I do say so myself

Those bottles are great. I love that they did this.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

Yep especially after rumors that they wouldn’t do any coke branding.

The Pho likes this.
  5. CampbellzSoup

CampbellzSoup Son. Husband. Father.

That’s actually amazing

vinotinto and Mr. Mickey like this.
  6. Mr. Mickey

Mr. Mickey DIS Veteran

The level of theming going into SWGE is insane! The fact that they could get major beverage corporations to alter their marketing is most impressive.

This on top of all of the other details we have seen in food, merchandise, and just overall theming is incredibly exciting

vinotinto and rteetz like this.
  7. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

Surprised at the positive reaction to them - I don't like them at all. They look way to "of now" - made of the same material and same coloring. I mean, I knew coke would be in there somewhere, but maybe sell things that are more muted in color and maybe reusable bottles made of metal or ceramic or something ... something that looks like it was made in that universe, not ours

feels like everything they were trying to not do with this land ... but clearly I am in the minority

8. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

To me it doesn't look like they altered their marketing it at all ... same colors, same styling, etc. yes, different language and shape, but anyone can tell that is a Coke product and made here on earth. it doesn't look like anything that would be crafted in that universe. I am rather disappointed by them

leiaorgana likes this.
  9. Dfan79

Dfan79 DIS Veteran

I can't believe it, but I'm totally geeking out over these bottles. The first 3 remind me of the thermal detonator in Jedi that Leia threatens Jabba with.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
  10. Mrs. W

Mrs. W Mouseketeer

I saw that article and video earlier, and I think they knocked it out of the park. I especially love the cans.

vinotinto and MemphisVanessa like this.
  11. Eve & Wall-e

Eve & Wall-e Mouseketeer

DH loves Coke and really wants one of those!

12. leiaorgana

leiaorgana Mouseketeer

I don't like them either. I was kinda hoping they'd go the Harry Potter route and only serve in universe related beverages there. It works for the WWOHP so I'm sure it would have worked at Galaxy's Edge too. Seeing Coke products there just takes you out of theming tbh

BuzzyBelle, only hope and TheMaxRebo like this.
  13. OSUZorba

OSUZorba DIS Veteran

If seeing coke takes you out of the world, what is it going to do when you see someone with Mickey Ears/Balloon?

I personally think these are pretty cool and the absolute most you could hope for from coke, except if they weren't sold at all.

14. OSUZorba

OSUZorba DIS Veteran

I'm pretty sure there is plastic in the Star Wars galaxy. But don't worry, I am sure they'll ease your concerns and place some of these into Episode 9.

kingagdar likes this.
  15. evlaina

evlaina Mouseketeer

But they need easy brand recognition. People from all over the world travel to Disney and they’ll still be able to instantly tell “that’s a Coke,” no matter what language they can read. I think they altered them just enough to tell what they are but still fit in quite well. I don’t drink soda, but I can’t wait to get my hands on that water bottle!

MemphisVanessa and Tempty like this.
  16. Brett Wyman

Brett Wyman DIS Veteran

That’s very cool.

17. TheMaxRebo

TheMaxRebo DIS Veteran

If that is the case then I wish they didn't have Coke there at all - why would I be able to go to Batuu and easily recognize something from our universe that doesn't exist in theirs?

Maybe not realistic but feels like all the promotion has been about how everything you can buy there will feel like it was made there and has a hand made feel like an habitant made it ... This seems so counter to that

(I do recognize that it is easy for me to say this as my family doesn't drink soda so wouldn't impact us if there were no Coke products in the land)

18. FCDub

FCDub DIS Veteran

Another inconsequential thing for people to be “disappointed” about. Lol

MemphisVanessa and ImDMous like this.
  19. Farro

Farro It's a pasta! It's a grain! What?

I think they are amazing!!! Everything is going to be themed and we are here for it!!!

I can make myself easily believe that Coke products will invade other worlds eventually. So will Amazon Prime. ;)

20. Sevenwords

Sevenwords Earning My Ears

Credit where credit is due...at first I thought the Coke announcement was gonna be another "big corporate advertising" gig....but I love the commitment to the themeing. So much so, that I spent way more on one of the Tshirts on eBay than I should have...but I don't regret it (now tomorrow, Coke will sell them from their website). My only fear now is that they cokes will be 8oz and will charge like $6 cause the plastic looks like a thermal grenade. If priced consistently with other cokes in the park, I am 100% on board.

21. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

I believe they are the same size as the Christmas ball shaped ones they sold a few years ago. That would mean they are larger than 8oz. I think around 12-13oz.

MemphisVanessa likes this.