CM told me I could do this...7nights 10park tickets

2Tiggers

DIS Veteran
So, I just got off the phone with disney and the cast member suggested that I go for 10 park days that way I could have the option to go to an additional park if I so choose when we are there.

I thought I couldn't do this but he recommended it and we booked it.

Anyone else do this? I assume he is right he works for disney after all.

So, I just got off the phone with disney and the cast member suggested that I go for 10 park days that way I could have the option to go to an additional park if I so choose when we are there.

You are correct you can't do this. The only way you can do two parks in one day is with a park hopper.

Why would he tell me that, :confused3and why would he book my package like that? Now I have to call back and correct it....:headache:

So, no one has done this?

I'm not sure about the 10 day ticket situation but, when we went in Feb we did not have park hoppers (a first for us) and did do 2 parks in one day. We didn't go into any parks the first day because we went to DTD and met up with my sisters for dinner at T-rex and then spent the rest of the evening shopping etc. Anyway, one day during the week(don't remember off hand which day it was sorry) but, we went to Animal Kingdom in the morning until about 1pm and then Magic Kingdom in the afternoon/evening. We had no problems when doing this and it never occurred to me that it would be an issue, have people not been allowed to do this in the past? Maybe we just got lucky!:confused3

you absolutely cannot do this.
1 park 1 day. once you enter a park and use that ticket it WILL NOT allow entrance to another park til next day

Why did the CM tell you this? :confused3 No clue

Sorry, but you will want to fix that

No - you can't do this and I am so sorry you got bad info from a CM. There is a sticky on the theme parks page that explains it better than I can but I will give it a try.

Your park ticket is based on number of "days" not number of "admissions". A 10 day base ticket ticket can be used to enter one park per day for 10 days vs just 10 admissions.

So on Monday if you use your ticket at the MK you can leave and re-enter MK as many times as you want but if you want to go to Epcot you need the park hopper option. Otherwise when you get to Epcot the turnstyle will read your ticket and see that you were alredy at the MK on Monday. Since its is still Monday your ticket will be rejected unless you have the hopper option. The CM will advise you to return to MK or add the hopper option if you want to enter Epcot.

On Tuesday you start all over again and enter the park of your choice for Tuesday etc.

Hope this helps and yes, I would call back and change the number of days to the 7.

FWIW you can always add features once you have your tickets but you can't downgrade. So after arrival you can add the park hopper, water parks or extra days if you so choose.

I was on the phone today with a very nice CM, but a package that started out at $2,000.00 + ended up being just $1,300.00. You've got to know your stuff and know what you can/can't do! Here it is:

5 nights, DDP, 6 day hoppers, insurance......$2,100

1 night booked separate, 4 nights with free dinning, 6 days hopper, no insurance....$1,300

Hopefully you can get it straightened out!

You really need to call and talk to someone else. You got very bad information. Buy tickets for the number of days that you plan on being in the parks. If you think that you will go to more than one park in the same day just add the park hopper option.

oh no no,, it is true you cannot do this,, I just tried this 2 weeks ago cause I wound up not using one day of my tix when we went to sea world and thought well why can't I kinda do it like hoppers on the last day,, I was told by the hotel CM no way,, I thought well I will inquire when I get to park one "Just in case",, again no,,,

I'm not sure about the 10 day ticket situation but, when we went in Feb we did not have park hoppers (a first for us) and did do 2 parks in one day. We didn't go into any parks the first day because we went to DTD and met up with my sisters for dinner at T-rex and then spent the rest of the evening shopping etc. Anyway, one day during the week(don't remember off hand which day it was sorry) but, we went to Animal Kingdom in the morning until about 1pm and then Magic Kingdom in the afternoon/evening. We had no problems when doing this and it never occurred to me that it would be an issue, have people not been allowed to do this in the past? Maybe we just got lucky!:confused3

I guess you were lucky, because it shouldn't have worked.

Could CM have meant a five day with 5 water park/DQ visits?
As you cannot do what you think about 2 parks one day, but CAN do a water and main park and use a tix for each.
:confused3:confused3
I am glad you are finding out Now rather than later though! Good Luck OP! :wizard:

This is most unusual and I have never heard of anyone doing this. Perhaps you had separate tix....and you had no hopper, wow???? :wizard: WOW, thats a first hearing that for me....I have however heard of people NOT being able to do it more than once! Guess you had Pixie dust for sure:lmao:
:confused3:confused3

no this is not allowed! Unformatuatly many people that work at those call centers seem to not have a clue about stuff. It is amazing to me!

I guess you were lucky, because it shouldn't have worked.

I figured that because we had trouble with those tickets from day 1. every single time we went to a park the damn things got rejected(this was even before we did the 2 parks in one day) and we explained to the CM that we have been having this problem since we first tried to use the tickets and they would do something on the machine (not sure what) and then tell us we were good to go.

A base ticket is one major (theme) park per day. You are allowed to re-enter the same park if you leave it on one day, but it can only be used at the one park.

Note that the ticket will state on it either "Not Valid For Park Hopping" or "One Theme Park Per Day". That should be a hint.

If you put the ticket in the turnstile of another park the display on the Guest side of the turnstile will be "ACCESS DENIED". The top line of the display on the Greeter side will give information about the ticket, and the second line of the display will say "CROSSOVER NOT PERMITTED". The turnstile will not unlock.

This is because Disney charges $3.00 per day over four days on a ticket, but charges $52 to allow hopping. It does not make economic sense for Disney to allow this.

If you actually have multiple tickets (more than one physical ticket per person) as opposed to multiple day tickets, you can use these tickets for multiple entries. But it makes absolutely no economic sense as a separate ticket costs a lot more than adding hopping to a ticket.

Or, as I recently told a Guest who was arguing with me about using a different day on the ticket:

The turnstile computer thinks today is Friday. The turnstile computer at the other park also thinks today is Friday. The two turnstile computers talk to each other. If you can convince this turnstile computer that today is not the same Friday as the other computer thinks, it will let you in.

When you call Walt Disney World, unless you really know a direct number, you will get one of two offices.

The Disney Reservations Center (DRC) includes Walt Disney Travel Company (WDTC), Central Reservations Office (CRO), Disney Dining, and some other lesser known information lines. To the best of my knowledge the DRC locations are in the International Drive area, Tampa, Houston, Salt Lake City and somewhere in North Carolina. There may be more. Some of the people working at the DRC call centers may never have been to either WDW or DL (or both).

The Main Switchboard (407-824-2222) is also where all calls to Disney Resorts go if you are dialing the phone number on the back of your reservations form. Also that is where calls go if you dial the Operator from your room, and possibly even calls to the Front Desk. The Main Switchboard people will, if asked, also identify themselves as Guest Services. They can put you through to any number on WDW.

At both DRC and MS they have access to a computer which has lots of Guest Information and it is very well organized. Actually, all CMs who have access to a terminal, or who even can access the "Cast Portal" from off-site, have access to this Guest Services information. I will often open an extra window when I am responding to people and go into the Portal for the latest official information.

The people at DRC and MS do not deal with upgrades, partially used tickets, or problems related to tickets. They do not know all the rules. The people at DRC can sell unused tickets; the people at MS don't deal with tickets at all.

The people who work in the ticket booths at the Parks or in Guest Relations at the Parks (and this includes TTC, the Water Parks, and GRO in DTD) deal with ticket upgrades and unusual problems on a daily basis. I would not say that someone you talked to on the phone lied to you, but just they were attempting to answer a question when they really did not have an answer.

Wonderful explanation as always Chesire. Your willingness to take the time to educate us is much appreciated. Thank you.

PS...I love the explanation about trying to convince the turnstile computer that it's actually a different day then it really is. Priceless. :thumbsup2

Mike

WOW!!!
This same thing happened to me! I called to pay for my trip in full on July 14th. I wanted to subtract 2 days from my Park ticket (originally booked 9 I wanted to change it to 7) The CM told me why not keep the 2 days incase I wanted to "park Hop"... Now... I knew this was not true, but I thought WOW did the rules change?:confused3 But, if it sounds to good to be true :rolleyes1it usually is. So, I questioned him more. I said "are you sure,:snooty: because I have gone to disney plenty of times and I have always been advised that it is one ticket per day unless you purchase the park hopper option". I explained to him that there would be no reason to have a "park hopper option" If this was allowed. :confused: He continued to assure me "yes, you can do it"... I pressed on for the 3rd time saying... "I don't think you are right" then he told me to hold on he was going to ask..... Guess what happened? :headache: He came back and told me he was wrong, and he said "wow, I learned something new today" :teacher:
The only thing I could think of after this conversation was.... how many people did he give the wrong information too??? :sad2: And look... 2Tiggers was a victim of this!
My CM on the phone was Luis.... not sure if you got the same CM, 2Tiggers but it sounds like you did. I hope you do not have any problems cancelling the extra park ticket days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter