Club level gift ideas.

Pinkflmngo

Mouseketeer
Please ignore my low post count. I am not as new as I appear. I have followed these boards for many years before registering and have soaked up all the knowledge I could get before I was brave enough to post my own questions.

I will be fortunate to be able to stay Club Level at Boardwalk in a few weeks. I understand from reading the "tipping" threads that tipping is not the thing to do in the Club Level Lounge. According to my understanding, which is not necessarily correct, tipping will be refused unless it is offered 3 times and then it will be put into a "communal pot" to be shared by all for doughnuts, etc.

Further, my reading of old threads indicates that Club Level Cast Members ARE allowed to accept gifts instead of tips. If that is the case, could you suggest some types of gifts that you have taken in the past that might be appreciated? Or is that discouraged also?

Being from Illinois, I was thinking of some boxes of Frango Mint Chocolates that originated in the Marshall Field Department Stores in Chicago (unfortunately now Macy's). Does that seem like a good idea? My thinking is that it would be easy to share amongst the staff. I would appreciate any other gift ideas that you have found to be appreciated in the past. On the other hand, I would like to hear if you think this is unnecessary or innapropriate. They may, in fact, prefer that I offer the money! I just want to try to do the nice thing for the people who work hard.

Thanks for any advice you can provide,
Lynda

You know, I keep reading (here on Dis) that tips are supposed to be refused, etc.
But I can tell you that CL CMs at both the Boardwalk and YC have accepted my cash tips--on the "first try"...

I think the chocolates are a lovely idea. They are more personal to your home state. They are not allowed to accept money, and the situation becomes aqward if tried. Also, the CM's in the lounge are not the ones who assist you with your preplanning.

I believe there is a list of acceptable gifts for CL CM's over on the Concierge thread. Off the top of my head I know people do gift cards, food, flowers, hand written notes, etc. Some people like to give gifts that come from their home state, BBQ sauce from TX, apple butter from TN, etc, but of course you never know about food allergies. I think Disney gift cards are great. They can use them anywhere on property for food and things. :)

Thanks to each of you for your helpful replies. I will be sure to look for the Concierge thread for more info. I think I will take the chocolates just to be sure that nothing breaks! There are lot of jams, jellies, apple butters, etc. that are unique to Central Illinois, but they would have to be shipped ahead of time since I am flying. Of course, I can also try to leave a monetary tip, but I want to be prepared in the event that it won't be accepted.

Just to clarify, it was the CL Lounge CMs that I was referring to. I am really not using the preplanning help because I like to do that part myself. My daughter is working at WDW (as a Concierge in the POR lobby) and she said that nobody has ever offered her a tip or a gift. The CL Lounge staffers seem like a different category to me, but I don't want to "tip" over that can of worms here, haha!

Thanks for your suggestions and advice.
Lynda

I love the CM's in the Innkeeper's Club! Once I managed to carry BBQ sauce from Memphis to them, but worried about it the whole time and won't repeat that gift. Last time, I brought individual chocolates made here, with local sites of interest on the labels (Elvis, Mississippi River, etc). I put those in a basket along with various types of hand lotion and hand sanitizers from Bath and Body(all things easy to pack).....they put it in their lounge and shared.

Don't feel that you HAVE to give them anything...it's just if they go above and beyond (which they always do at BWI!) I took some chocolates to another Club Level once at Disney, and brought most of it back home.

@Jackemail: Thanks for the response. I am really happy to hear that you had a good experience there. It is my first Club Level trip and I don't know what to expect; therefore, everything will be good for me! I am so excited.

I love your Memphis chocolate idea. It made me feel nostalgic for the 12 years that I lived in Memphis before coming here. I agree with what you said about not feeling obligated to give anything. I can alway give whatever I bring to my daughter and her roommates if I decide not to reward the CL CMs. I want to be prepared for whatever develops.

Thanks much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter