Trial Club Level Fastpass+ Purchase Program Planning & Discussion

I am very disappointed about the viewing area. I just tried to book the dessert party and it’s sold out.
I’ve made all my plans based on the assumption that the viewing area was included. Never assume...
At MK? You really do not need the dessert party, or the CL $50 viewing area, to have the same exact view. The area where they have the CL view is also open to the public, for free. At least 3/4 of it is. So nothing is stopping you from going in there.

What a bummer! Sounds like Oct nighttime viewing is kaput. I will still buy them though. To get 3 extra FP’s and be able to make them any tier and multiple parks is worth it for me. If I’m going to spend all the $ to fly to Orlando, stay at Poly/BWI and go to Dis, there’s no way I’m waiting in line 60-90 mins for a ride. I’ll gladly spend a little more to have the extra fp’s.
Worth mentioning we've never waited in any line for 60-90 min and we've never paid $50 for FP. At least for a party of 2 or 3. How many are in your group? Of it's a big one that would be different I guess.

At MK? You really do not need the dessert party, or the CL $50 viewing area, to have the same exact view. The area where they have the CL view is also open to the public, for free. At least 3/4 of it is. So nothing is stopping you from going in there.

Worth mentioning we've never waited in any line for 60-90 min and we've never paid $50 for FP. At least for a party of 2 or 3. How many are in your group? Of it's a big one that would be different I guess.

I have 5 (3 kids 12 and under). My issue is when do a split stay on our 3rd day: AK in the morning and HS in the afternoon/evening. To get FOP, Navi, Everest(or Dino) and then the Toy Story rides, there’s no way I can do the day like that without extra FP’s. If you have a better plan, I’ll gladly listen.

In Epcot, we have 6 we want to hit. Same with MK. I can get the big ones 90 days out and wait 15-25 mins for the other rides.

Bummed they are doing away with the viewing. I did book mine for the “just in case I want it” factor, but still nice to have. I’m just not sure what I’ll be up to doing every night. I get pooped early:faint:
You should get one dessert party booking for every 3 days of CL FPs you book. That I would do.

Bummed they are doing away with the viewing. I did book mine for the “just in case I want it” factor, but still nice to have. I’m just not sure what I’ll be up to doing every night. I get pooped early:faint:
You should get one dessert party booking for every 3 days of CL FPs you book. That I would do.
Lol, we can all dream! I just looked at the price of HEA dessert party- yikes!

Oooh! What not so wonderful news. I’m bummed! I have to re-arrange my my itinerary now. Darn. I hope they don’t make more changes. I’m also going to write the CM I have been communicating with. I want to see it in writing.

Please update us if they respond with anything different. Thanks!

Curious, why would only the HS day be a washout with rain and not the others?

Any HS day would be a waste of money if it rained all day. CL fast passes are not refundable due to weather. There is so much more to do at all the other parks rain or shine.

Any HS day would be a waste of money if it rained all day. CL fast passes are not refundable due to weather. There is so much more to do at all the other parks rain or shine.
Interesting. HS is the one park we've always headed to when it rained since all the rides are indoors

Can anyone tell me how club level fast pass will work (or not) in our situation. We are staying in two Disney resorts 8th to 18th dec then having a period off site. Returning to beach club for one night on 27th dec followed by two nights at the poly club level.

This is all on a uk 21 day ticket. If I book the club level fast pass for my last days I know I can only use it those days for extra fast passes.

What happens with the 90 day window for normal fast passes. Will I be able to book those for the 8th to 18th at 90 days?

This is a key element in whether this is worth it to us.

Also do you think the cost might come down for the months evening viewing is removed - ever the optomist!

Last edited:
QUOTE="AngiTN, post: 59385303, member: 355902"]At MK? You really do not need the dessert party, or the CL $50 viewing area, to have the same exact view. The area where they have the CL view is also open to the public, for free. At least 3/4 of it is. So nothing is stopping you from going in there.

We only get to Disneyworld every two years and I’m short and I have lower back issues and I’m not interested in dealing with the crowds on an extremely busy night.

Can anyone tell me how club level fast pass will work (or not) in our situation. We are staying in two Disney resorts 8th to 18th dec then having a period off site. Returning to beach club for one night on 27th dec followed by two nights at the poly club level.

This is all on a uk 21 day ticket. If I book the club level fast pass for my last days I know I can only use it those days for extra fast passes.

What happens with the 90 day window for normal fast passes. Will I be able to book those for the 8th to 18th at 90 days?

This is a key element in whether this is worth it to us.

Also do you think the cost might come down for the months evening viewing is removed - ever the optomist!
No. You can only book normal FP for the days you are purchasing the CL FP.

No I don’t see the price dropping. They eliminated a benefit few people actually ended up using.

ETA: btw you have to purchase 3 days of CL FP, so you are planning on intensive Park day on check-out day right?

Last edited:
...We only get to Disneyworld every two years and I’m short and I have lower back issues and I’m not interested in dealing with the crowds on an extremely busy night.
Similar boat, same conclusion. We’ll be skipping HEA now. I looked at the seated dessert party but when I thought about everything else I could do with that money with a party of 4 I could not pull the trigger.

We only get to Disneyworld every two years and I’m short and I have lower back issues and I’m not interested in dealing with the crowds on an extremely busy night.
there are no heavy crowds on the same area that holds the CL viewings. My 10 yo DGD and short DD can both see

So I just booked the CL FP+ for our trip September 14-21. Hearing about others' recent experience with the discontinued preferred viewing I thought I'd share.

Days booked CL FP:
9/15. Fantasmic!
9/17 . Illuminations
9/19. Rivers of Light

All were booked as another FP+ selection. Total of 7 per day.

IDK if this was something new or a goof but we'll see.

So I just booked the CL FP+ for our trip September 14-21. Hearing about others' recent experience with the discontinued preferred viewing I thought I'd share.

Days booked CL FP:
9/15. Fantasmic!
9/17 . Illuminations
9/19. Rivers of Light

All were booked as another FP+ selection. Total of 7 per day.

IDK if this was something new or a goof but we'll see.

Well that’s interesting. Makes sense on Disney’s part as there are already FP areas for those shows. Sort of a step down in the program as structured to date though (special, small group reserved area vs big FP area).

Did you ask about HEA?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter