Club Level at WL or BC vs. Regular Room at Poly or CR???

TwoPlusTwo

Earning My Ears
I'm trying to figure out the details for our trip so I can book on Jan 3 but I'm having a terrible time deciding where to stay! It will be four of us - me, DH, DD9, and DD-almost 4. Our dates are April 7-14 (spring break). After crunching the numbers with the % off discounts posted on the Disney Visa site, the room-only portion of the price will be roughly the same (in the $3,130-$3,330 range) for these four resort/room combos:

Wilderness Lodge Club Level, Standard Room
Pro: Club Level, option for Bunk Beds (if the kids don't fight over the top bunk), Boat to MK (so awesome to catch the boat during Wishes for fireworks over the lake)
Con: Smallest rooms compared to the other three resorts
Beach Club Club Level, Standard or Garden View Room
Pro: Club Level, Stormalong Bay, slightly larger rooms compared to WL
Con: Epcot area since we'll spend most days at MK
Polynesian Garden View Regular Room
Pro: Access to monorails for MK and Epcot, Room Size, we like the theming here better than Contemporary
Con: No Club Level
Contemporary Tower Regular Room, Bay Lake View
Pro: Monorail and MK access, Room Size
Con: No Club Level, least exciting pool

We'll drive down so we'll have a car. We don't get the dining plan since we only eat one meal a day out, preferring to eat breakfast and either lunch or dinner in the room. We do this to appease picky eaters, enforce down time, and because DH and the girls prefer afternoons at the pool instead of the park. We'll probably spend most days at MK, with one day each at the other three parks. I just can't decide between the convenience of Club Level given how we like to do meals (especially for breakfast and after dinner treats/drinks) versus the convenience of the monorail resorts with a younger child in a stroller and the larger rooms, since we would need it to store all the food we would need to bring without club level, LOL. It is not worth it to me to spend an extra $2,000+ to stay club level at the monorail resorts (too bad they aren't discounted). DD9 prefers WL just because that is the only place she remembers. We stayed there for our mother-daughter trip almost 3 years ago (her only other trip was 2 years before that at the Poly) but I know she would be happy with the other choices as long as there is a pool party every afternoon. It will be DD4's first trip so she'll be happy anywhere!

This long-time reader, first time poster :) would love any advice, especially regarding club level since we haven't done club level at Disney before, only at hotels in other cities. :thanks:

If I could afford the CL for a trip I would def choose between those two choices if I did not have the DDP. You would have the option of good snacks back at the resort between meals. That being said if you want a quicker routine to Mk go with WL CL. With BC you have 2 parks right there for easy travel and a awesome pool. I hate choosing we have the same issues with our next trip good luck

I vote WL Club Level!

Funny, we are going in April too (18th-28th) and we were between WL CL and BC/YC GV as well. Ultimately, we chose WL CL. Mainly because we have stayed WL CL before and it was amazing, and just feels like home. :love:

We, too, are not doing DDP. We have AP's so will use TiW instead for the few TS meals we have planned. The food at WL CL is really good and suits our normal eating habits.

No, the monorail is not at WL BUT, you have easy access to the monorail via boat to CR and hop right on! :goodvibes

Keep in mind that you may not be able to get a GV room at the POLY with the discount...with their refurbs, a lot of rooms are taken out of inventory. We couldn't get one with out military discount and I've seen others have issues too. Plus, we don't want to stay at Poly until the refurb is done, since its needed so badly.

Good luck in deciding, you've got lots of great choices!! :wizard:

I'd probably do WL from your post. It has CL and it's close to the park you'll be at most. The smallest room is probably not something to worry about since most people do not spend much time in their room.

Just my 2 cents.

Keep in mind that you may not be able to get a GV room at the POLY with the discount...with their refurbs, a lot of rooms are taken out of inventory. We couldn't get one with out military discount and I've seen others have issues too. Plus, we don't want to stay at Poly until the refurb is done, since its needed so badly.

Very good point! I haven't read the Poly threads lately so I didn't realize the extent of the refurb. And given that I like Poly better than CR, I think we'll cross the regular monorail resort rooms off our list.

Thanks everyone for the input so far! :goodvibes I definitely think I'm leaning a little more towards WL CL instead of BC CL but haven't made a final decision. So any other input is appreciated!

Very good point! I haven't read the Poly threads lately so I didn't realize the extent of the refurb. And given that I like Poly better than CR, I think we'll cross the regular monorail resort rooms off our list.

Thanks everyone for the input so far! :goodvibes I definitely think I'm leaning a little more towards WL CL instead of BC CL but haven't made a final decision. So any other input is appreciated!

BC CL is my favorite in the whole wide World. This coming from someone who had never even been to EPCOT before and figured she'd be on the bus to MK every. single. day. But, I won't sing its praises too much because then I'll have too much competition. :rotfl2:

Seriously, you win no matter what you choose so have fun deciding!!

I am voting BC CL. I know you said you will spend most of your park days at MK, but even so, at WL, you still have to take a bus or boat - not convenient in my opinion. With BC, not only are you getting CL, you are getting two parks within walking or boat distance, plus many more dining and recreation opportunities. I would always choose BC over WL!

My choice would be WL CL or a regular room at the Poly. Our favorite resort is the Poly, but we also love the WL. We love the Poly for the large rooms, the beach for watching the fireworks, the volcano pool, and Captain Cooks for quick CS meals. But with that said, we have stayed WL CL and loved that as well. The lounge was great for snacks and drinks throughout the day and the CMs were awesome. The WL is also very convenient to MK via boat and is great for going to the CR where you can hop on the monorail to visit the Poly and GF. We've stayed at the BC (not CL) and although we had a great stay and it was nice being within walking distance to Epcot and DHS, it was very inconvenient and time consuming getting to MK. If MK is where you will be spending alot of time, I would go with a monorail resort or the WL over BC for the convenience of getting back and forth. I can't comment on the CR as we've never stayed there, but being just a 5 minute walk from MK is appealing. Good luck deciding and happy planning.

I'd vote for WL, too. It's definitely our favorite resort of the ones we've visited or stayed at. Love BC, too, but I'm all about proximity! If MK is your main focus, stay closer to MK. Boats to MK are easy and a fun way to start your morning or end your day. Much rather be on a boat than a bus back to BC in my opinion! Pool is fine there, electric water parade easy to see, whole resort under one roof (big selling point for me) and CL is so lovely there!

While I prefer the BC to the WL generally, I would opt for the WL in this case since a) I have read many more rave reviews about CL at the WL than the BC and 2) you want to spend most of your time at the MK. Plus, the WL will save you money. Save the BC for a trip when a great pool and access to the Epcot/DHS area is more important to you.

Personally, I would opt for the Poly without CL due to the immersive theming and convenience of the monorail with your kids, but I have never really been a CL person anyway.

Have fun!

My choice would be to stay at the WL CL over the others. I personally love the offerings of CL. I would also have to disagree that the boat over to the MK is not convenient; for me it is just the opposite. A quick walk out the back of the resort and within a couple of minutes you are right at the dock. I also never waited long at all for the boat. With a family of 4 it don't get any easier than that. ;)

You have a tough tough decision! I always think about WL CL because it is the same price (usually) as a standard room at Poly or CR, but I chose Poly for my most recent trip. My DDs are 6 and 8, and walking out of the MK during a busy time, it was awesome to be able to take the Express Monorail to TTC, the resort monorail with one stop, the GF/Poly boat with one stop, or the ferry to TTC to get back to the hotel. The express monorail was especially convenient.

I really like the idea of BC CL, but I think I'm about 5 - 6 years away from that (when we'll start hitting Epcot and DHS more frequently as MK when my girls are older).

If I were driving, and able to bring my own food/drink with me, I think I'd lean towards Poly for the massively huge room, the transportation convenience (also a quick walk to the Epcot monorail). When we fly, I do enjoy have the club level for drinks and snacks.

CL at WL is really good - but those rooms are too small.
I'd pick Poly or CR standard room. Both resorts are great, have amazing location and nice-sized rooms. I love the Polynesian :lovestruc
Have a blast at WDW :cool1:

I'd go with WL. It's so much more convenient to get to MK. And if you have to drive or bus, IMO and experience, it's easier to get from WL to Epcot and DHS than getting from BC to MK. Given you see yourself at MK for a lot of the trip, I'd opt for the place that makes that the most convenient. Good luck!!

I would vote for BC CL give your love for spending afternoons at the pool (SAB!). I would make dinner reservations at Epcot each night and just walk over there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter